PDA

View Full Version : Color questions

BigThumper33
02-08-2003, 05:40 PM
I have decided that I'm going with a gold vein/trans red frame powder coat job, but I'm not sure what to do for my stem, a arms, and sub frame.

My upper a arms are chrome so should I get the lowers with the same gold vein/red look.

I have no clue what to get the stem.....black seems alittle boring to me.

And my subframe, should I keep the frame the same color? Or would a yellow or black look alittle trick with the red?

Pappy
02-08-2003, 05:46 PM
use coppervein as the base;)

your on the right track...sounds sweet. the lowers IMO if they are not chrome ...should match the frame color. maybe do the stem in chrome....subframe also

BigThumper33
02-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Are you refering to a chrome powder or actually getting them dipped?

Copper base? why not gold? I got a picture of a gold vein/trans red from you and it looked amazing.

Sparks425Ex
02-08-2003, 06:31 PM
The top a arms should be Chrome along with stem. The Bottom a arms should match the Frame. The sub frame should be a pced chome and the swing arm in either chrome or frame color

Pappy
02-08-2003, 06:33 PM
yeah the goldvein is cool...but the copper is unbelievable:devil

02-08-2003, 07:32 PM
chrome smoke looks awesome i think

BigThumper33
02-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Pappy, you got any pics of your different chrome types?

As of right now I'm running the stock swingarm. I'm not sure if its worth removing and pcing since I will be getting an aftermarket one sometime. I don't think it would look too awful with the stock grey...for now.

Pappy
02-08-2003, 08:09 PM
no id think if you are getting an aftermarket to just wait. the stock silver/grey doesnt look bad and goes with all colors

Pappy
02-08-2003, 08:11 PM
i did these hubs back when i first started pc'n...i didnt know to use clear(well its highly recomended) they still look this good today:D

Pappy
02-08-2003, 08:13 PM
this is a portion of nerf bar ..chrome pc with clear. i was very happy with it and the owner sez it is still lookin sharp

Pappy
02-08-2003, 08:17 PM
in my honest opinion...chrome pc looks like polished aluminum when it is clearcoated. the chrome pc is basically a base powder that is applied at only around 1.5 mils thick(thin) then a topcoat is applied(trans colors etc). the chrome in itself isnt that durable but when topcoated its just as strong as any other hybrid powder.