PDA

View Full Version : 525 IRS suspension upgrade?

VToutlaw
10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
I am thinking about upgrading the shocks on my 09 irs, I race xc in newengland and have had pretty good luck for my 1st year. I have ridden atvs since 3 years old but have never one with aftermarket suspension. just looking for some sugestions with the direction i should go... obviously fox floats all the way around would be sweet but not exactly the kinda $ i wanna spent. thanks for any info!

OutlawBill
10-25-2010, 06:24 AM
http://www.teixeiratech.com (http://www.teixeiratech.com/products.asp?cat=33) You will need both front and rear shocks about $4000.00 Fox, Works and Elka all make shocks for the IRS

birdman7389
10-25-2010, 09:18 AM
LOL Bill. He said he did not want to spend big $$!

The common bang-for-the-buck upgrade is:

Front fox podiums from an ~09 Outlaw MXR
Rear fox podiums from a 06 Outlaw IRS

You can then tune them as you like with different springs from various mfr.

:D

OutlawBill
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
True on the shocks but a must is Teixeira Tech stock replacement upper A-arm kit it will help in making the IRS turn better in the corners it will help in cutting down on the push of the IRS

VToutlaw
10-26-2010, 06:22 AM
I guess the real ? should be is it really worth spending 3 or 4k on shocks when i bought the atv new off the floor for $5600 and am capable of placing 1st in an A class xc race with it mostly stock. will the handleing really be improved that much?

Brown450R
10-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by VToutlaw
I guess the real ? should be is it really worth spending 3 or 4k on shocks when i bought the atv new off the floor for $5600 and am capable of placing 1st in an A class xc race with it mostly stock. will the handleing really be improved that much?

The answer is no. Mine didn't push as much once I got different rear tires and learned a little different riding technique. It almost killed me with the traction at first. It turns way different than a sra. I would do like birdman says on the front, and maybe spend money on aftermarket rear shocks. You don't need to do much to be VERY competitive locally. I would like to upgrade the rears though.

OutlawBill
10-26-2010, 07:51 AM
no you don't at least get the shock rebuit to fit you and you riding skills. It is the best way to go faster per buck and get the upper A-arms from Teixeira Technologies and a steering stabilizer from Precision Racing and check with Colby at C&D Racing on shock rebuild

SSJEFF
10-28-2010, 02:30 PM
If you have push I can help you out. Get some adjustable upper arms from Teixeira tec and it will help once you adjust the caster. I had issues with this forever. His arms are pretty cheap for what they do.

For more great info on Outlaws and predators go to polarispros and find out.