PDA

View Full Version : Woods TRX450R questions

MtnEX
10-23-2010, 01:41 AM
So I am thinking hard about selling the EX and replacing it with a 450R.

I want to build a pure woods bike. Something totally trail worthy and something that will work as a direct replacement for my 400EX... just without the boredom when I pin the throttle.

I know it can be done... I just need the "master list" so I can get an idea of where to start.... and start formulating an idea of what it might cost.

I want a low end to mid range motor... something with the balls to lug it out if something happens to slow me down, etc...

I think I need to do the kicker motor? I'm pretty sure a flywheel weight like the dirt bikes use is a big key and I dunno if that will work on an electric start.

What cam and whatnot? HRC kit? Needs to be a pump gas motor when complete.

And which model year do I want to hunt for?

And finally, I need it to TURN instead of push... and I don't want the rear end bucking me around off the rough stuff.

Make me a list..... :macho

fast1500
10-23-2010, 10:31 AM
you should get a 2004 -2005 450r. kicker motor, they fire up in like 1 or 2 kicks almost every time... to much problems with e start.

motor- fly wheel, go up two teeth on rear sprocket, 12.1 piston(93 Octane), cid box( extra 1000 rpm), hot cams stage one to get low and mid range power, mild port and polish, Dasa, Rossier, Spraks, Yosh , or HMF. (in that order), then maby get a fcr carb,. with this package u will be around 50-52 hp.

Chassis- get the GT Thunder rear swing arm link and a revalve on ur stock shock, get new front shocks or get them revalved by Gt Thunder. maby houser slicast arms Rath heel guards and nerf bars (Pro peg), fast flex handle bars, renthal full diamond grips(soft), maby a rubber mount steering stem, rolled lip rims with maxxis razr on rear and maxxis razr 2 front tires, front bumper. and then polyurethane skid plates.

i think ull be ready to race with all this stuff. and with the prices 2004- 2005 450rs ull be able to save a lil money

u should pay 2005-3500 for a good condition 04-05 450r then all the parts u can find on here for cheaper then buying new. hope that helps.

DnB_racing
10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
good list!!! but i would use gibson extra ground clearance arms, and depending on the trails you might not want nerfs

MtnEX
10-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Cool... a response!

So... any particular reasoning behind the '04-'05 model year suggestions?

Scro
10-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
good list!!! but i would use gibson extra ground clearance arms, and depending on the trails you might not want nerfs

Gibson makes XC a-arms?

DnB_racing
10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
ya Gibson might be only available extended,

MtnEX
10-23-2010, 02:56 PM

I hate nerfs because of the nets, but run them anyways.

I'd run those PRM sidebars if I wasn't afraid the pans would end up packed with mud.

I hate nets because they catch the sticks and spear them towards you. But what are you gonna do? Beats loosing your footing that one time and running over a foot/leg.

hooah.soldier
10-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I would go w/ Houser racing. www.houser-racing.com

They offer the Maximum ground Clearance A-arms for XC and have a GREAT new nerf bar setup for XC too. Everyone I know that run them really, love the new nerfs. I plan on getting them by Christmas and getting rid of the AC/IMS setup I have.

MtnEX
10-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Hummm... those houser nerfs are not so wide on the TRX. I checked into them for the KFX, but forgot all about them because they were like 48.4" overall... that's WIDE for XC nerfs.

MtnEX
10-23-2010, 11:13 PM
OK, so if I were to do this...

I think I would look hard at EXIT shocks and ARS-FX arms, or Houser arms... down the road...

If this thing responds to "full" aftermarket exhaust... I think I would lean towards going with Jardine.

What I am most confused about is which model year to look for to start from and why?

And then of course I'd want to do the motor stuff right off the bat to get that low end lugging.

Anyways... do I have this right?...
'04-'05 front end is better?
'06-'09 rear end is better?

And there are some differences between the '04-'05 motor & trans versus the '06-'09 motor and trans?

'06-'09 has different or lower internal trans gearing?...

DnB_racing
10-23-2010, 11:43 PM
if you do mostly tight woods racing and riding, then I really think you might be disappointed in the 450!! the 400ex in my opinion is the perfect trail quad.the 450 definitely takes much more clutching and stalling down low! I know you want the extra speed but if your in tight trails most of the time the extra you get from the 450 wont matter!!!

just my opinion!!!!

MtnEX
10-24-2010, 12:22 AM
if you do mostly tight woods racing and riding, then I really think you might be disappointed in the 450!! the 400ex in my opinion is the perfect trail quad.the 450 definitely takes much more clutching and stalling down low! I know you want the extra speed but if your in tight trails most of the time the extra you get from the 450 wont matter!!!

just my opinion!!!!

Believe me I know exactly what you are talking about all too well... and for sure your run of the mill TRX450 isn't going to cut it for what I want it to be like.

I know this because I have ridden them.

However, I also know it is possible to extract this out of a TRX450R... because I have ridden exactly (1) that has that sort of low end stall resistance.

It's the only 450 build I have ever ridden that felt like this to me. And it was pretty nice.

Now no, it was not the kind of brutal explosive power my KFX450R has... but instead more of a brute power that just kept coming... and still a world more explosive than an EX.

I don't know what was done to it... maybe a big bore, etc, but I gotta think the thing had to have a heavy flywheel or flywheel weight added... cause I can't see how else it could lug like that without it.

I'd do this to my KFX450R and just sell the EX for mod money. But I don't see where this is a possiblity on it... because of the tight clearances, electric start stuff, etc...

fomospede
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM
rekluse
gt thunder short link
revalve stocker thru higear add 2speed comp. clicker
front, keep stock front, run it its great
axis or ohlins front 2 speed comp.
gt thunder sprocket and rotor gaurd
plastice frame skid (less stiction)
precision damper
rossier head pipe
crf450 muffler (bullet proof)
hc2 cam ,web cam adj. gear
hicomp piston
adj. accellerator pump ,correct jetting
electric start hell yes with kicker 2
gussets- if you actually race, it will need these first ride out
flexx bars antibe stem and bar inserts
omi greasable stem clamp
thats about all on my pratice machine but it can win anytime the rider can keep up :p :p

300racer
10-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
rekluse
gt thunder short link
revalve stocker thru higear add 2speed comp. clicker
front, keep stock front, run it its great
axis or ohlins front 2 speed comp.
gt thunder sprocket and rotor gaurd
plastice frame skid (less stiction)
precision damper
rossier head pipe
crf450 muffler (bullet proof)
hc2 cam ,web cam adj. gear
hicomp piston
adj. accellerator pump ,correct jetting
electric start hell yes with kicker 2
gussets- if you actually race, it will need these first ride out
flexx bars antibe stem and bar inserts
omi greasable stem clamp
thats about all on my pratice machine but it can win anytime the rider can keep up :p :p

i would agree with that except i would say rossier full system and if you are racing 24v system. and 13 tooth front sprocket.

if you want long travel and an 06-09 i would go with teixeira tech a arms and fox shocks or arsfx a arms with fox shock and 06-09 swinger with teixeira link and revavled shock by gt thunder or jett. a rekluse is a must you can lug your bike as low as you want with one of those. if you get 06 up i would go with 04-05 carb cause it mellows it out a little but that is all rider opinion. and i would have the mxp gear mod done to 06-09 bikes so you don't have problems later down the road. and also 04-05 hubs and spendles for handling.

if you go with 04-05 basically the same as above just don't have to tear motor down for the gear mod and less work really. the motor is alot mellower it don't hit as hard as 06-09 but i was told you put a 06-09 carb on it they are arm rippers also but never rode one.

if

MtnEX
10-24-2010, 09:58 PM
I used to run Ohlins back in the day with great results...

But where do you even buy them now?
And do they come set up custom for your weight and riding style?

fastredrider44
10-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Rekluse if you're worried about stalling, and leave the flywheel alone. The suspension is endless, so many options.

fomospede
10-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Rekluse if you're worried about stalling, and leave the flywheel alone. The suspension is endless, so many options.

actually no one can operate there clutch like a rekluse it gives perfect engagement out of every corner.also when running super technical section you will be out of it first as for ohlins there r suppliers for new and anyone can revalve them for you if used where purchased

marmino
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
just bought this one 07' dual 12v battery starts ith 24v welded starter gears, rekluse, gt thunder revalves, and gt thunder xc link, hipers, itp quad cross xc's, and flexx bars. hrc kit comming soon

Scro
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by marmino
just bought this one 07' dual 12v battery starts ith 24v welded starter gears, rekluse, gt thunder revalves, and gt thunder xc link, hipers, itp quad cross xc's, and flexx bars. hrc kit comming soon

Curious as to what you mean by welded starter gears?

MtnEX
10-25-2010, 07:26 PM

I like it!

Have any pics of the tire/wheel combo?

I haven't seen good "actual" pics of the Quadcross XC's.

MtnEX
10-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Now sorta the point of my idea here was to have a sort of budget trail 450 to replace the 400EX with.

Like for example I know the Rekluse is a popular piece. But it's $600 for one part for example... much more than a flywheel weight or a heavy flywheel.

If I wanted to do a ton of spending, I could just sell the EX and put such parts in my KFX... which is not out of the question either.

So far though, I remain sorta confused on which model year to start with. But it kinda sounds like the '04-'05 model has the better turning front end for the tight woods... etc...

So look for '04-'05 or an already modded '06-'09.

I can't find the flywheel weights or heavy flywheels though. It would appear that trail tech did make them, but not anymore.

Trail Tech told me the only thing they make a heavy flywheel for is the YFZ.

I would have thought the plain old kicker TRX would have been the easiest one to find that for. Go figure.

DnB_racing
10-25-2010, 10:07 PM
I though you were on a mission to make a perfect trail machine out of the trx!!!

you said it can be done, your right! but it will cost you some cash..

im sure the "one" you drove that was just right wasn't cheap..

your choice is for the perfect trail quad is keep your ex or be ready to spend at least 5000 for what your looking for.. that's if you start with a free machine....
suspension 2000,
motor work and carb 1500,
tires and rims 700-1000
and thing like handle bars, and gripper seat, pegs, exhaust, skids another 700,, frame gussets, you get my point! its not cheap!!!!

something else to consider is looking for a good 250r!! they are out there, and I love mine in the tight woods! get a 330pv and you have a great trail motor that screams!!!

MtnEX
10-25-2010, 10:30 PM
I though you were on a mission to make a perfect trail machine out of the trx!!!

you said it can be done, your right! but it will cost you some cash..

im sure the "one" you drove that was just right wasn't cheap..

your choice is for the perfect trail quad is keep your ex or be ready to spend at least 5000 for what your looking for.. that's if you start with a free machine....
suspension 2000,
motor work and carb 1500,
tires and rims 700-1000
and thing like handle bars, and gripper seat, pegs, exhaust, skids another 700,, frame gussets, you get my point! its not cheap!!!!

something else to consider is looking for a good 250r!! they are out there, and I love mine in the tight woods! get a 330pv and you have a great trail motor that screams!!!

Yeah, I thought I might luck up and trip across one with a good bit invested... do a little to the motor to make it trail happy and be good for a bit... at least as good or better than the 400EX.

I just wanted to get an idea of what to keep an eye out for.

I guess I'll filter through the YFZ's also.

I could dump some in the EX and that is still on the table. I just don't know that even a 440 build will be enough to get a passing grade to me.

I might just sell it and if I don't find anything, just do the Rekluse on my KFX and some other things. It's just nice to have that extra machine sometimes. Spreads the hours out, spare bike when one is down, buddy quad, and on and on....

DnB_racing
10-25-2010, 10:45 PM
why not an older 2 stroke? there are some real nice ones around!!! and there are so many real inexpensive parts available and they are just cheaper and easier to work on. you can find one that has suspension allredy on it!! a fellow forum member just sold a beautiful one for around 3000 that would have fit your needs had suspension skids 310 cc perfect for speed and trail able

MtnEX
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd love to have a 330 PV....

I just don't come across many shots at 250R's. If I did, I probably wouldn't have the EX or KFX. I grew up racing the 2 smokes and miss them.

DnB_racing
10-26-2010, 05:49 AM
keep an eye on the 250 classified in the 250 forum!! shipping isn't that much!!there have been quit a few for sale lately

airmobile101
10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MtnEX
Now sorta the point of my idea here was to have a sort of budget trail 450 to replace the 400EX with.

Like for example I know the Rekluse is a popular piece. But it's $600 for one part for example... much more than a flywheel weight or a heavy flywheel.

If I wanted to do a ton of spending, I could just sell the EX and put such parts in my KFX... which is not out of the question either.

So far though, I remain sorta confused on which model year to start with. But it kinda sounds like the '04-'05 model has the better turning front end for the tight woods... etc...

So look for '04-'05 or an already modded '06-'09.

I can't find the flywheel weights or heavy flywheels though. It would appear that trail tech did make them, but not anymore.

Trail Tech told me the only thing they make a heavy flywheel for is the YFZ.

I would have thought the plain old kicker TRX would have been the easiest one to find that for. Go figure.

You could put a Hinson steel clutch basket on it. Pretty much the same effect as a heavier flywheel.

MtnEX
10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah... the heavy baskets are an option.

I had a guy once tell me it wasn't the same though. I don't know... nor do I remember the exact explaination as to why... but it seems like he was explaining it did not have the same effect because there was a gear reduction between the crank and clutch???

Like I say I dunno... either way...

All I know is stealthy does sell heavy baskets also... and state they have about the same effect as a +10 flywheel.

Anyone have the heavy basket?

smoke tractor1
10-26-2010, 07:34 PM
If your wanting the perfect trail bike,You've aready have it minus a 440 12 to 1, stage 2 hot cam,and an FCR carb,Same power no stalling!Much cheaper! Have both with and raced both the 400s are a much better all around bike unless your just wanting an full race machine,If so buy a used fully set up bike with a rekluse or you'll be wishing you'd kept you 400!Good Luck!

MtnEX
10-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by smoke tractor1
If your wanting the perfect trail bike,You've aready have it minus a 440 12 to 1, stage 2 hot cam,and an FCR carb,Same power no stalling!Much cheaper! Have both with and raced both the 400s are a much better all around bike unless your just wanting an full race machine,If so buy a used fully set up bike with a rekluse or you'll be wishing you'd kept you 400!Good Luck!

Will that run on pump gas? (93)

I was thinking I might go through the EX and make it fresh before selling anyways.

Heck a bolt on with a new cylinder to 440 is not all that much. And I hate that stock cam anyways... it's old and the decompressor sometimes makes a noise that would scare a buyer away.

marmino
10-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Curious as to what you mean by welded starter gears?
they guy i bought it from said that when honda replaced his starter gear or the clutch gear whetever the recall was on that they tack welded them and that they would cover it i never looked at it it's just what he told me

DnB_racing
10-26-2010, 08:17 PM
they guy i bought it from said that when honda replaced his starter gear or the clutch gear whetever the recall was on that they tack welded them and that they would cover it i never looked at it it's just what he told me sorry to tell you but he fed you a line of bullshet

marmino
10-26-2010, 08:22 PM
sorry to tell you but he fed you a line of bullshet
well ok it starts and runs fine for me whatever was done to it

marmino
10-26-2010, 08:23 PM
I like it!

DnB_racing
10-26-2010, 08:26 PM
well ok it starts and runs fine for me whatever was done to it ya they just change them out! at least you know yours is done!!

marmino
10-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I like it!

here they are on my 250r from a side view

marmino
10-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I like it!

another on the 250r

curryd
10-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Whats your opinion on the Quadcross XC's? I am running the GNCC tires and like them a lot. Always looking for something better though.

MtnEX
10-26-2010, 08:44 PM
The Quadcross XC looks like a new age Turf Tamer dimple knobbie with a better pattern... on a GNCC looking carcass...

Or is it just me... the rears look like a rounded GNCC sort of profile on the rear.

Have you had them long enough to know what the wear is like?

quad2xtreme
10-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Minor stuff...

Lonestar stainless steel rotor guard and just use a single sprocket guard...no need for the dual setup. Grind the two stops on the rear brake caliper holder. You can then adjust the chain by rotating the carrier forward. It will provide about 1/2" of extra clearance. I think you have to remove 2 links from your chain.

You can run a 12 tooth on the front with a 39 on the rear. Helps a lot as long as you never need to wind 5th all the way out for long periods of time.

I wouldn't go with a kicker if you are in tight trails with creek crossings, etc. It really sucks to try to kick in precarious situations.

Use Walsh adjustable steering stem for the tightest turning without grinding at the stem stops. Use 2005 a-arms, spindles, and hubs even if you get a 2006+ for the tightest turning. Or, use Houser a-arms and adjust the caster so the top is 4-5 degrees forward.

MtnEX
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Nice to run into an NC guy that can understand a little more what we look for out of a machine in the woods.

With that said, now understand I live and ride over here in between Steele Creek, Brown Mtn, & Brushy Mtn.... Roots, Rocks, Ruts, Rough, Tight & Steep.

If you have been over this way you know how it is... and the public spots and race tracks are the easy places.

Now I think the kicker is nice and simple, but YEAH I've figured out it can really suck from riding some of my other friend's milder 450's.

Really sucks to get bogged down behind a 400EX going up a hill on an R and have that sucker stall out on you... especially in the dark... lol... that BLOWS.

I was manly looking at the kicker because I though for sure that would be way easy to find a flywheel weight for.... thinking it might be the same as the CRF...

Turns out I was wrong. The only ones that ever made one for the TRX don't anymore.... but they do make a +12 for the YFZ.

I'm waiting around to see who says what about the heavy steel clutch baskets.

quad2xtreme
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
If you have been over this way you know how it is... and the public spots and race tracks are the easy places.

We ride Hatfield and Black Mountain (Harlan, Kentucky) in addition to Brushy and CAW. I prefer the 400ex which is what I still ride but my wife rides a 450r because she says it is feels much lighter due to the easier steering. She does well on it. I stall it when I have to ride it through a section she isn't confident enough to ride. Honestly, she can ride just about anywhere I can except steep hillclimbs...she doesn't have enough *** weighing the quad down.

She runs aluminum frame skid but no a-arm skids. She did suffer one dented a-arm after 9 years of riding this way. I am not too confident about the plastic type skids. I've worn through them on an mx track in less than a year.

fomospede
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
moose clutch basket ,made by wiseco nice price and last and last
those east coast trails may be tough but dont think that you have it the toughest try a missouri race and you will be buying more parts!!!

MtnEX
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
moose clutch basket ,made by wiseco nice price and last and last
those east coast trails may be tough but dont think that you have it the toughest try a missouri race and you will be buying more parts!!!

You running one?

And does it add flywheel effect???
(Make it harder to stall)

fomospede
10-28-2010, 01:15 AM
yep in both machines, no extra flyweight. REKLUSE and you will never stall! yes even when it rolls over, as long as i can get it upright quick enuf!

airmobile101
10-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Rekluse helps it from stalling, but you will still stall it out occasionally. I have a steel clutch basket, but I can't give an opinion on it yet since its not installed yet. Figured I would ride the quad a few more times before I do a tear down.

hrc450er
10-28-2010, 05:45 AM
if your machine is set up right, it wont stall with a rekluse, bumping the idle up helps, ive yet to ever stall my 450r and ive raced/ trail rode it for 2 years

airmobile101
10-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by hrc450er
if your machine is set up right, it wont stall with a rekluse, bumping the idle up helps, ive yet to ever stall my 450r and ive raced/ trail rode it for 2 years
Believe me, its setup right ;)

Z-135
10-28-2010, 12:37 PM

just my opinion!!!!

Buy a Rekluse!

quad2xtreme
10-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I've thought about the Rekluse. What happens if you are climbing a steep hill and don't make it? Does it lockup if the engine is completely stalled?

Right now if I don't make a big hillclimb, I stall it in gear, jump off if necessary, and just hold the front brake (I won't take the backward ghost ride).

/jon

Z-135
10-28-2010, 02:18 PM
If you stall it will roll like it is in natural. It is not stall proof but pretty close.

Scro
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I've thought about the Rekluse. What happens if you are climbing a steep hill and don't make it? Does it lockup if the engine is completely stalled?

Right now if I don't make a big hillclimb, I stall it in gear, jump off if necessary, and just hold the front brake (I won't take the backward ghost ride).

/jon

It's not something you want if you do alot of hillclimbing. When the engine stalls, it rolls like it's in neutral in any gear.

MtnEX
10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Ain't nothin but hills around here!

I have been wondering the same thing about it.

My thoughts are that I guess you'd have to set it high enough that it could NEVER stall.

But I'd say that would have you blipping to keep the engine braking going sometimes.

Be kinda like my polaris in that way I would think.

marmino
10-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by curryd
Whats your opinion on the Quadcross XC's? I am running the GNCC tires and like them a lot. Always looking for something better though.
i had the gncc's before the xc's. the xc's clean out quicker when in sand in a low gear they don't feel like they hook up as well as the gncc's did but on hard packed dirt they are awsome

marmino
10-30-2010, 11:00 AM
The Quadcross XC looks like a new age Turf Tamer dimple knobbie with a better pattern... on a GNCC looking carcass...

Or is it just me... the rears look like a rounded GNCC sort of profile on the rear.

Have you had them long enough to know what the wear is like?
have maybe 8 hours on them

fomospede
10-30-2010, 11:09 AM
hey donkey, i know you?to stall a rekluse you have to hold the rear brake for dear life!!! Donkey you know frank d tank??

Originally posted by airmobile101
Rekluse helps it from stalling, but you will still stall it out occasionally. I have a steel clutch basket, but I can't give an opinion on it yet since its not installed yet. Figured I would ride the quad a few more times before I do a tear down.

fomospede
10-30-2010, 11:22 AM
REKLUSE , ive rode with them on bikes and atv's, raced ,practiced and play ridden you will be faster
as for losing momentum on a hill if you are thinking about it, it will happen!
also you will have enough energy to ride harder
and lastly rekluse makes a left hand rear brake control with a clutch over the top this is huge when riding offcamber and hills as you can put your weight where needed 100% of the time
35yrs of riding 33yrs of racing one thing i am sure of comfort makes a huge difference!

MtnEX
11-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I figured the dimple knobby would hook up serious on hard pack.

But I bet the wear will indeed be fast...

Time will tell I guess.

wild250rman
11-02-2010, 06:13 PM
a budy of mine is running a set on his 450x they seem to be doing well in all types of terrain so far, he has not had them in the mud yet, to scarred to get his new bike dirty lol i know they will roost you real bad if you get behind him. he basically goes every where i go with my gncc's. It would be safe to say they will be my next set they are a little lighter than the gncc's.

marmino
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
yeah when i pulled them out of the box i did notice they seem alot lighter

airmobile101
11-02-2010, 11:56 PM
hey donkey, i know you?to stall a rekluse you have to hold the rear brake for dear life!!! Donkey you know frank d tank??
lol........ Yea!!!!!!!! How do you think he got named that? ROFLMAO. He lives about 10 miles from me. Him and I and a few others practice together.

fomospede
11-03-2010, 01:15 AM
yeah tank was on are heartland team! love to hook up play ride ?

airmobile101
11-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Ahhhhh. I know who you are. Your Paul's buddy. Look familiar?
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/TimmyRuark/heartland3.jpg

fomospede
11-03-2010, 09:47 AM
yep sure does, but y are the arrows pointing the other way!
i cant get Paul out to ride :( ya better chat him up so he gets the itch!

Dirtjunkie85
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
if i am remembering right... tranny is the best with that year.

MtnEX
02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Well, I still haven't moved on any of this yet.

I've been unable to find the right buy on the 450R as of yet. I guess it's kind of hard to justify a lot of the used prices when new ones are so cheap.