PDA

View Full Version : seasonal brews

extremeblastr
10-22-2010, 09:10 PM
well i've found myself drinking less for the partying side of things and more for sitting back and enjoying the taste of whatever i indulge in on that given night and its led me to the world of seasonal brews. wondering if anybody has a favorite i or anyone who wanders across the thread should check out. right now the fridge is stocked to the hilt with shipyard pumpkinhead which i thank god i found when i did because it is already out of stock for the year again in my area.

NacsMXer
10-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Two of my favs this time of year

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/samuel-adams-octoberfest.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2836919264_abc556e6dc_o.jpg

Pipeless416
10-22-2010, 11:44 PM
^ ive been wondering about the harvest moon. blue moon is one of my favorites, so of course i'm curious about this.

feuerstack411
10-23-2010, 12:48 AM
I just had some Octoberfest and honestly, I wasn't too impressed. But that might be because my friends hyped it up so much.

Although I love Dogfish Head.

bbender85
10-23-2010, 04:49 AM
fall is the best season for beer IMO! oktoberfest is one of my favorite styles. been pickin up any pumpkin ale i see this year, and so far i've liked New Holland Brewing's Ichabod pumpkin ale.

my favorite beer of the season overall so far has been Goose Island's Harvest Ale tho. good n' malty like a fall beer should be, but has a faint mild hops thrown in there to brighten up the finish a little.

99400esex
10-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Screamin pumpkin spiced ale. My favorite.

bbender85
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 99400esex
Screamin pumpkin spiced ale. My favorite.

mm, good too.. and a michigan beer i think!

extremeblastr
10-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
^ ive been wondering about the harvest moon. blue moon is one of my favorites, so of course i'm curious about this.

harvest moon is pretty decent stuff i suggest drinking it while eating something with a lot of flavor because its a very monotonous beer after the first couple of sips it doesn't surprise your mouth every time haha what i really mean is you can't really find the extra flavors they include every time unless you have something to clean it up after every couple sips

Pipeless416
10-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
harvest moon is pretty decent stuff i suggest drinking it while eating something with a lot of flavor because its a very monotonous beer after the first couple of sips it doesn't surprise your mouth every time haha what i really mean is you can't really find the extra flavors they include every time unless you have something to clean it up after every couple sips

i know what you mean, some just need to go with something. i'm not a big drinker as it is, so i like to try all the weird ones when i go out to dinner and stuff.

99400esex
10-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
mm, good too.. and a michigan beer i think!

Yep its brewed in michigan and its so good! Definitely one of my fav beers. I went to the beer store today to get some to stock up before they ran out.

Thumpin440ex
10-24-2010, 11:18 PM
One of my fav's :D

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/messersmith/punkin-ale.png

John

spdygonzalez450
10-24-2010, 11:38 PM
while it is not a seasonal brew per say, it did come out on 10/10/10 it is an amazing beer. its stone vertical epic ale. such a good beer. google search it, but if i were to say a seasonal beer i would have to go with the winter ale or white ale, sam adams, which should be out pretty soon. such good beers. but try the stone beer, well any stone beer pretty much but the vertical epic is nothing short of epic