PDA

View Full Version : ProCircuit T4 Tips

generalg
11-30-2001, 09:38 PM
Wondering if anyone has the knowledge of what exactly the tunable tips on the ProCiruit T4 silencer does. Currently I have the 2", probably stock. Wondering if I should buy the smaller diameter tip. Any HP gains from one to the other or just the sound?

THanks

400ex Magnum
12-03-2001, 12:09 PM
General

I was wondering the same thing as Pro Circuits website offers no help on what the additional tips will do for you. I think it is pretty crappy that they call it a "tunable" exhaust and don't help with information on tuning. I am guessing that the smaller endcap will reduce noise and flow slightly. I couldn't see where the smaller endcaps (as opposed to the 2 inch from the factory) would make much of a difference for the $30 they want for them. I would be curious to hear of anybody who bought all three and what effect the different ones had, besides lightening the wallet :)

inacoma91
12-03-2001, 12:37 PM
I am guessing the small end cap will supposly give you more tourqe and the short end with large opening will give you more top end...............I am guessing not for sure though :)

Thunder Racing
Andrew

12-03-2001, 04:04 PM
The only thing I got from them when I asked is they ship 'em with what they feel is the best for your specific bike. Mine came with the 2" and when my friend had his Warrior, his came with one of the smaller ones. I think really they would just slightly change the sound and not the performance.

generalg
12-03-2001, 08:38 PM
Heck for the cost I could build a couple of tips, the only problem I see is to somehow roll the end of the pipe. I will call ProCircuit tomorrow at work and find out what they say.

inacoma91
12-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Did you call Pro Circut and find out about the tips?? I am wondering if they actually do change performance or not. I dont think they could change performance enough to tell by the seat of your pants.

Thunder Racing
Andrew

redrizza
01-03-2002, 01:36 PM
I got the Silencer tip for christmas. It made the bike considerably quieter. It doesn't have that loud thump anymore, but that keeps the neighbors happy. I noticed I lost some of my bottom end power, but overall it isn't that much of a difference. I will definately run my stock 2" tip when I race though.:square