PDA

View Full Version : "The Getaway"

heavy_d
02-08-2003, 03:43 PM
anybody play The Getaway on ps2 yet? I rented it then bought it a couple of days later. I like it just as much as vice city. The Getaway gets to be quite hard, I'm stuck on mission 12 where you have to go to the docks where charlie is but i don't know if the docks are before or after the two-lane bridge with the tall towers, i've been usually getting killed or arrested before i get there and running out of time, can anybody give me some pointers?

Glow Plug
02-08-2003, 03:50 PM
go to www.gamewinners.com there should be some hints or sometihng there to help you that site had all the cheats for vice city the day it came out

Sportrax10
02-08-2003, 04:24 PM
A kid in my class has it and said he liked it more then GTA. I wanna get it but I am saving my money up for quad parts.:blah :cool:

Moto92
02-08-2003, 04:40 PM
It is alot hard than GTA, I hate the whole driving on the wrong side of the road thing.
Im stuck on the mission inside the poilce station when you have to kill the detective.

luvmyex
02-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Graphics are great but i didnt like the way it played.

Nausty
02-08-2003, 06:35 PM
I think i'm gonna get it. So is it like a harder more realist version of vice city?

heavy_d
02-09-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
I think i'm gonna get it. So is it like a harder more realist version of vice city?

yep

heavy_d
02-09-2003, 01:10 PM
well i'm through half the game and playing as DC Carter now

tants
03-02-2003, 03:34 PM
is it any good?

rookiex
03-02-2003, 03:49 PM
is that a grandnational in your avater

Ben
03-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Very good game - awesome graphics, amazing driving dynamics, great sound, very involving missions, etc. One point that amazed me was the extremely obscene language. More cussing than an R rated movie :eek2: I beat it in only a couple of days, however, and once you beat it there is nothing to do except play it again. I like Vice City better because you can do whatever you want instead of having set missions that require you to finish them in one exact manner. If anyone needs any tips on Getaway just let me know ;) Also here is a helpful tip that I didn't realize for quite some time - if you stand next to a wall (not in stealth mode, just stand beside it) your man will put his arm on it, kind of leaning against it. The longer you let him lean on the wall the longer he heals. If you let him lean on the wall until he quits leaning against it on his own he will be completely healthy again.

Ben

Nausty
03-02-2003, 05:00 PM
lol, I just played a real awsome demo. It was for splinter cell and man is that game fun. You can pick locks and like you can put these little cameras under doors and see whos on the other side and shoot them out of the grenade launcher on a gun and it sticks to the wall so you can see whats around corners and see what other enemies are doing. There is so much stuff in it. I think i'm gonna go get it. It is so hard at first and took me a couple days to beat the demo but now I can just breeze right through it. But man it is fun.

gta is getting kinda old imo. Its like is all you really can do is shoot people around you and drive around once you beat the missions which seem to have a crappy storyline in vice. I thought gta3 was much funner to play. I'd like to be able to modify your cars and get differant levels of armor on them and it would be cool to have it online and have it like the online game called gang-wars and pretty much pick what you want to do like pimp, deal illegal weapons, transport drugs, deal drugs, or be a thug not to mention work your way up the gang and get into gang wars with other gangs fighting for turf, cars, drugs and weapons. Now that would be a blast imo:D

cheetah
03-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Yes Splinter Cell is an awesome game!!! I got it and beat it about 2 months ago. One of the most involving games I've played in a while. It just gets harder and harder too. Definately check it out if you haven't yet.

heavy_d
03-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
is that a grandnational in your avater

yep:D

ChadEXer
03-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Man ive been trying to rent Getaway and every time I go to Blockbuster their all rented out,,,and we even have 4 Blockbusters in my town!!!

ChadEXer
03-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Well i finally got The Getaway, and I am on mission 12. I think Im am real close to finishing it but I last was on the forklift thats in the room with all the boxes and got off of it to shoot someone and shot the tank on the front of the forklift and blew myself up. Ill probably be able to beat it next time I try. Is this the end of the game after I beat mission 12????

Ben
03-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Well i finally got The Getaway, and I am on mission 12. I think Im am real close to finishing it but I last was on the forklift thats in the room with all the boxes and got off of it to shoot someone and shot the tank on the front of the forklift and blew myself up. Ill probably be able to beat it next time I try. Is this the end of the game after I beat mission 12????

No - you aren't even half way through the game yet ;)

heavy_d
03-10-2003, 02:38 PM
i beat the game a few weeks ago, the second half is easier than the first half i think

ChadEXer
03-11-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Ben
No - you aren't even half way through the game yet ;)
Man thats crazy! I heard the Getaway was extremely hard. the first 12 missions were pretty easy to me, and heavy D says the second half is easier?? Some of the missions were a tad bit hard but after a few times and I had it down! My favorite one so far is the one were you have to sneak through the security system in Charlies Mansion!! I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get by those lazer beams at first but I finally figured it out!!! But then again I bet it would have been a lot harder if I hadnt used the unlimited ammo cheat after the 3rd level!!!

heavy_d
03-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Man thats crazy! I heard the Getaway was extremely hard. the first 12 missions were pretty easy to me, and heavy D says the second half is easier?? Some of the missions were a tad bit hard but after a few times and I had it down! My favorite one so far is the one were you have to sneak through the security system in Charlies Mansion!! I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get by those lazer beams at first but I finally figured it out!!! But then again I bet it would have been a lot harder if I hadnt used the unlimited ammo cheat after the 3rd level!!!

yeah the lazer beams that set off the gas sucked:mad:which i think was the hardest of the second half of the game

ChadEXer
03-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by heavy_d
yeah the lazer beams that set off the gas sucked:mad:which i think was the hardest of the second half of the game
Yeah it was pretty hard at first but I knew there had to be a way to get around them, and when I figured that out I beat it pretty quick! Did you figure out how to get around them??

Doibugu2
03-12-2003, 12:10 PM
I was playing Max Payne for awhile, and went back to Getaway. I like it even more now. Might have to rent it for another week.

I just found out you can sneek up behind guys and break there neck, thats fun.

ChadEXer
03-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I was playing Max Payne for awhile, and went back to Getaway. I like it even more now. Might have to rent it for another week.

I just found out you can sneek up behind guys and break there neck, thats fun.
Yeah i found that out on the mission that your in the warehouse and you have to sneak upstairs!! Then when I was on the mission in the police station I though I was supposed to break the guys neck that shows you to the phone room, but quickly found out that not the way to do it!!

Doibugu2
03-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I found that out on the warehouse mission too. Haven't gotten to the police station yet, thanks for the tip.

heavy_d
03-13-2003, 06:16 AM
Yeah it was pretty hard at first but I knew there had to be a way to get around them, and when I figured that out I beat it pretty quick! Did you figure out how to get around them??

yeah, i beat the game and been doing all sorts of mayhem in free roam:devil

Ben
03-13-2003, 06:47 AM
I though I was supposed to break the guys neck that shows you to the phone room, but quickly found out that not the way to do it!!

lmao :D :D I guess you figured it out when 50 cops started shooting you after you broke his neck!? lol! :D

ChadEXer
03-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ben
lmao :D :D I guess you figured it out when 50 cops started shooting you after you broke his neck!? lol! :D
Yeap, thats what happened!! But actually they all would just point there guns at me until I got to close to them or made a move and then they would all start shooting at me!!

Doibugu2
03-13-2003, 08:47 AM
I got to that level last night. How do you beat it? I couldn't find the guy you had to kill.

Oh, and why is everyone wearing bull proof vests?

ChadEXer
03-13-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I got to that level last night. How do you beat it? I couldn't find the guy you had to kill.

Oh, and why is everyone wearing bull proof vests?
As soon as you find the evidence room upstairs and get the gun, take a right out of the room and you will see him standing there in a white shirt talking to another cop, shoot him but it will only let you shoot him twice and he runs off, then a bunch of other cops will start shooting at you, then i run back into the evidence room and wait for them to come through the door and I shoot them,,,,after about 4 or 5 come through the door and you shoot them go back out and shoot the last few people,,,then you will need to find the office he is hiding in but again it will only let you shoot him once,,,,wait beside the door that he ran out and after a few seconds a SWAT guy with a machine gun will run through the door,,shoot him and take his machine gun,,,then wait a few more seconds becasue one more SWAT guy will run through the door, shoot him,,,,then find the stairs you will need to go down them,,,as soon as you get to the bottom of the stairs you will see the detective in the white shirt but again it will only let you shoot him a few times and he willl run off,,,then you have to find the office he is hiding in and kill him,,,he is hard to kill!!! Then you will meet up with Charlies girl(in the office) and have to get out of the Police station, that is a little difficult too!!!!!!

Doibugu2
03-13-2003, 09:07 AM
oh, joy.

Maybe I will leave early today, so I can beat the level. Just have to get my boss to approve that one.:confused2

Nausty
03-13-2003, 10:02 AM
hey guys I got splinter cell for pc, i'd highly recommend it. I'm about half way through. The game is a blast.

Doibugu2
03-13-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
hey guys I got splinter cell for pc, i'd highly recommend it. I'm about half way through. The game is a blast.

They don't have that for PS2 do they?

Ralph
03-23-2003, 07:40 AM
this game is f-ing impossible, im on like the first mission after the car chace,,, its too hard to shoot the guys and then too many come and then ur screwed...

ChadEXer
03-24-2003, 03:45 AM
You gotta run in and shoot a guy or 2 then run back out and lean against the wall until your health is all the way back up, then repeat till their all dead!!!