PDA

View Full Version : wtf

anywhereEx
02-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Does anyone on here have any experience with the kawasaki 2 stroke 250? I am trying to help a friend with his and do nto have much knowledge with the because I have never been much of a kawasaki fan. He was riding it and went to shift and the peice that the lever connects to kicked forward. It is a weird design because it goes in the left case and the clutch is on the right. The clutch plates are worn down but not to the point to where it shoud affect it to much. There is nothing wrong with the basket and the plunger comes out about 3-5mm. Any help would be appriciated.

nakomis0
02-08-2003, 04:32 PM
its called a Tecate 4, thats all I know.:rolleyes: :)

roostu
02-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Please explain the problem again...I cant get exactly what happend.

~Roost-U

anywhereEx
02-09-2003, 11:35 AM
All that was told to me was he was driving and went to shift and nothing happened. He looked down and the clutch arm on the side of the block was kicked forward about 1 inch farther then the lever will pull it. After that he had no clutch at all.

roostu
02-09-2003, 03:23 PM
I beleive that the arm that the clutch cable connects to can shear off in between the outside and the inside of the case. Now when he had the clutch cover off did he try and disengage the clutch? And if he did could he see the linkage moving? Because if the clutches look ok and the linkage doesnt move...there is the problem...if not we will have to look deeper.

~Roost-U

anywhereEx
02-09-2003, 08:08 PM
The arm still moves when you pull the lever and it will push the plunger out a few mm. With the clutch fully put together it will only move the out side of the basket about 2-3 mm max. I noted that the clutches were worn, one fiber plate had some nicks in it and the metal plates looked like they had rust from sitting but was rubbed off. Another thing is he is running synthetic in the old engine. The arm is fully intact. i pulled it to look at it. What is there between the arm and the plunger on the other side?

roostu
02-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I don't know..hmmmz. I think i would pull the clutch basket apart....Next time you look at it try to get some pictures....im not sure what else it could be. Try to trace the operation of the clutch....Le tme know what you find.

~Roost-U