PDA

View Full Version : Any sand close by?

SpeedBump
02-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Anybody know of a fairly large dune area around. I live in central PA. I am willing to travel a bit. Not more than 10 hrs one way. Can that get me to anywhere worth the drive. I plan on staying about 3-4 days or so. I would like to find someplace that doesn't charge an arm and a leg, if anything at all. I have a motorhome, so I can either stop at a nearby campsite, or just pull over near the dunes and camp there. Any info would be great. I was planning on going to DirtWeek around the middle of June, but still can't find any info on it. (the last week in june, called DirtDays isn't the same thing) My next choice is riding some nice dunes. Thanks in advance for info.

luvmyex
02-08-2003, 07:51 PM
did you try trailsheven.com>sp?its haitfields website.There is also a pretty big ride at windrock in Tenn.in april 10-13 i think.It just NW of knoxville.

SpeedBump
02-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Yep, been at all the sites. Thanks for reply. My problem is I have already scheduled my vacation time for the 2nd-3rd week of june. Those were the dates from last years DirtWeek, I had to schedule them before I got confirmation on the dates of the event. Now I will be stuck if they switch dates of DirtWeek. That is the reason I am asking about different riding areas. If dirtweek falls thru, then I want a backup plan.:D

SpeedBump
02-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Can anyone think of any? :(

BIG ORANGE
02-10-2003, 04:52 AM
Silver Lakes, Michigan.

I dont know the town that its near, but I believe that it is a 12 hour ride from our place in MD. Have not been there, but we are in the planning stages of doing that trip.