PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice please

meankfx
10-21-2010, 02:02 PM
I bought a jeep. It was made February of 2004. The power steering fluid is leaking through the AC condenser. I went to Autozone and told them I needed an AC condenser for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I got it and put it on and now power steering fluid went into my AC lines. I called the manufacturer and they said I need one for an 05, but my car is an 04. So why are they telling me I need one for an 05? They said if the car was made in Aug or after that year it could have 05 parts on it, but mine was made in Feb so it should have 04 parts. Now some how I have to get this AC fluid removed from my lines, which is probably going to cost me a lot of money. I feel like either Autozone or the manufacturer should be responsible and pay, because they gave me the wrong part. What should I do?

quadrcr161
10-21-2010, 02:49 PM
you didnt check to make sure everything was the same and trace your lines out?

wait....., i havent worked on many jeeps but how is the ac and power steering tied together? usually you have a ps pump that runs to the steering box and back, and you have an ac compressor that goes into the condenser, into the cab and back, usually 2 separate systems unless im missing something.

meankfx
10-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Everything fit the same way as the old one did.

I know its weird that the ps and ac are together first time ive seen it. The top half of the condenser is ps and the bottom is ac.