PDA

View Full Version : oxygenated vs nonoxygenated

jlrenken
10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
looking to run race fuel and was wondering the pros and cons of oxygenated and nonoxygened fuel. i know we talked about it awhile back. can u refresh my memory.
thanks

rrguy
10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
You can ask JSR racing about E85 they have been running for a few years. It is oxgenated. It cost about $2.00 a gallon here an allows up to 14:1 with a good increase in power.

http://www.bigboremotors.com/

motox_rider695
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
whats the pros and cons of running e85 besides price per gallon?

cannondale27
11-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Worst part is the formula changes with the seasons.You would have to retune alot.It also doesnt store well.When going from regular to E85 you will need to be around 30% richer.Stock injector might not flow enough to tune well.Motor does run alot cooler also.But thats good thing.

craigmacphee
11-01-2010, 05:40 PM
If you run an autotuner, you can run E85 and never have to retune on a dyno. If you run AMA races, I don't think you can run it (e85) legally.

If you run oxygenated VP racing fuel (I run VP MRX01), you will see a considerable increase in HP.

One of the downfalls is that you have to purge the system of fuel after each ride or within a few days because it is corrosive. Not a big deal. All you need is one of those $5 hand siphons. Once you siphon it out, dump in 8 ounces or so of premium, start it up and let it run till you can't smell the burn or race fuel anymore. Takes about 2 minutes. It also costs about $110 for 5 gallons.

rrguy
11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
PROS
Power increase
price
burns clean
burns cool
avalibility, most areas have to buy race fuel bulk or travel
if you run e50 the mixture is consistant 50/50

CONS
need to rejet, reprogram about 30% richer for e85
efi adding autune will be suggested
burns faster

the mixture does vary form e85 to e70 but the cold weather almost compensates as to be on you want to richen for cold weather

alky does not ignite well cold