PDA

View Full Version : When to leave Neutral Feedback?

Pipeless416
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey all, i have a question regarding feedback on ebay. i bought an SLP air lid for my car for about $100 on ebay last wednesday, and it was just shipped out today. i'm pretty sure the only reason it was shipped today is because i asked for a tracking number last night. this might just be me being impatient, but when i pay for something as soon as the auction ends (which i have every time) i expect it to be shipped sooner than over a week later. mind you, this auction ended in the morning of last wednesday too. if it gets here and it matches the description in the listing, i won't leave negative feedback because i still received the item, but i certainly don't feel like i should be adding to their reputation. at what point do you decide to leave neutral feedback?

thanks for any responses.

csr250r
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
If the item was as good as he descibed I would probably still leave positive. Sometimes you just get busy, but it all depends on the situation I guess.

quad2xtreme
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
I am harder on businesses than individuals. If it were a business, I would leave neutral feedback stating it took 5 business days to ship. That leaves it to the reader to determine if that means anything to them.

Pipeless416
10-21-2010, 11:27 AM
i definitely understand that people get busy, but i still feel like when you're a seller, you have an obligation to get the item out in a timely matter after it sells. i know all about busy, but i could always find time to send something out at some point within a full week's time. it just bothers me that somebody could sit on somebody else's money for pretty much 9 days and not send what was paid for. that's my dilemma.

Pipeless416
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I am harder on businesses than individuals. If it were a business, I would leave neutral feedback stating it took 5 business days to ship. That leaves it to the reader to determine if that means anything to them.

i see your point. kind of a discretionary statement. i guess i'll wait to see what the part looks like. it was listed as 'new' and he said it's just been sitting in the trunk of his car, and he sold the car before he ever got to install it.

bbender85
10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
was there an "allow xx to xx days to ship" disclaimer anywhere on the auction?

Pipeless416
10-21-2010, 12:49 PM
nope, i checked over and over again just to make sure i wasn't missing it.

honda400ex2003
10-21-2010, 03:43 PM
i think that the new setup asks if the shipping and such was up to par so you can score it accordingly. i would def check it out and put it in the statement that it took that long no matter what you decide to score it. steve

Pipeless416
10-27-2010, 11:15 AM
ok, now i have the major dilemma. the air lid was shipped in a giant envelope, part of the intake tract was sticking out, and the overall condition is beat to hell. so, it took two weeks to get here, had crappy packaging, and it was listed as "new but opened."

CJM
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Now its time to demand a replacement. and leave negative feedback..

Pipeless416
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Now its time to demand a replacement. and leave negative feedback..

i messaged him telling him i want to be reimbursed for the shipping. the replacement won't happen because it is a private sale. the item was listed as new and unused, but opened. there's gouges in it, so that's why i'm not happy. the rest i can kind of clean up.

Pipeless416
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
here's the lid after a little bit of cleaning up. i guess i'm ok with the condition now. it never should have been listed as new however. i will be leaving neutral feedback. the white marks are mostly glue residue that will come off after some more scrubbing :o

CJM
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Try using mineral spirits, wont harm paint..

chucked
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I just bought an item on ebay the seller knew was out of stock, and wouldn't be back in stock for at least 2 more months. Of course didn't put that in the auction. NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR HIM. Partially my fault for not checking his feedback, which i dont think is even 90%

CJM
10-27-2010, 05:17 PM
good rule of thumb: dont buy from someone who has feedback less than 95%.

Also when selling stuff describe it to a T. I was selling this gortex rainsuit that is a knock off aka "milspec" and the idiot bought it for 45 dollars and then complained to me it was a chinese knock off..wtf does mil spec mean idiot..it means its not real deal but just as good.

Toadz400
10-31-2010, 12:23 AM
I would've left negative feedback, especially if he refuses to reimburse you for shipping.