PDA

View Full Version : motowoz shock info

surfer
02-08-2003, 01:18 PM
if you have questions on Motowoz shocks please feel free to contact me, or we can have a discussion here, i am running those shocks, and am providing the owners with feedback.

Juggalo
02-08-2003, 01:28 PM
how do they compare to axis and pep? how well do they handle the little stuff? how smooth are they over small bumps goin slow, how about fast? what about the big stuff. are they standard length shocks or long travel?

surfer
02-08-2003, 02:25 PM
you can get the shocks in standard or long travel lengths. on alot of long travel shocks due to length and location you cant have a lower adjuster, whereas the adjuster on the motowoz is built into the lower portion of the shock. the key elements on how a shock will handle various terrain is its adjustablility.

When building multi spring shocks, you must control how much each spring can work. Most companies do this with cross-over spacers. If you place a spacer between two spring guides, the spring can only compress to the size of the spacer. This works pretty well. By replacing the spacer with a shorter spacer, the spring can compress further. This is the MOST effective adjustment you can make to the feel of your shocks. The problem is that you must take your shocks off your bike, then springs off the shocks to change this spacer. Then you also have to have the right size spacer. Motowoz has improved this area by replacing the spacers with threaded lock rings. In order to change the amount a "tender" spring can compress, you simply adjust the threaded cross-over rings the way you would a threaded pre-load ring. Just few turns really makes a difference you can feel. The top set of cross-over rings mostly affects the ride height. The lower set will control how soft you want your ride.
what sets elka and axis shocks apart from the rest of the field, is the attention to detail, quality, and the finished product. PEP has the same type of valving as elka and axis, but doesnt have the highest quality components available in build up. Motowoz shocks are revolutionary due to many simple improvements that have made them easier to tune, more adjustable, and an overall better shock then the elkas and axis. they use a double braided stainless steel line rather then a standard rubber line covered in steel braiding. the problem with standard steel braided lines is....
they become pinched, and while the steel braiding may round itself out again...the tubing inside remains "pinched" making it harder for fluids to move freely. the larger lines on Motowoz shocks move oil 10x's faster due to larger diameter, and are the highest quality lines you can find (typically found on off road race cars/trucks) being able to move the oil faster makes for a faster traveling shock, which will cool better, and soak up high, low speed bumps/square edges.
if you take a look at the connecting elbows, they are noticably larger and stronger, with a shallower radius, allowing more oil to move through them, and they wont snap off like the typical alumn. elbows found on most other brands of shocks.

i have used many shocks, from works, ohlins, PEP, and TCS, and they dont even compare to the craftsmanship you will find on these shocks, everything is CNC milled/machined to exact specs, the shafts are hardened chromed, evertyhing is anodized for increased wear and protection, they use triple seals rather then the standard seal (meaning....THEY WONT LEAK!).

i think i've covered it all? anyting else let me know

beerock
02-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by surfer
what sets elka and axis shocks apart from the rest of the field, is the attention to detail, quality, and the finished product. PEP has the same type of valving as elka and axis, but doesnt have the highest quality components available in build up. Motowoz shocks are revolutionary due to many simple improvements that have made them easier to tune, more adjustable, and an overall better shock then the elkas and axis.

WHOA!

surfer, it looks like your copying and pasting from the original email. This is the third post like this.

please dont take my criticism as a flame(argument).

I see you added some of your own to it.(quoted)

No doubt axis has attention to quality and detail.
Elkas attention to detail isnt on par with axis,works,tcs or pep. Elka still use thier spring guides for two purposes, seperating the spring rates and as cross overs. this is not detail or quality.
I thought elka changed over to the aluminum crossover rings but they havent. If they did switch back good for them, that remains to be seen as of now.
I'm a dealer for elka but with there price raise and the undetailed crossover spring and iffy valving. I would rather sell my customer a set of billit works.There cheaper and just as good if not better.

Pep may use the same "type"(shim stacks) of valving as axis and elka AND tcs. The difference is pep's are #1 because of there valving and setup.So trying to classify pep in a lower class leaves your post a little flaky(sorry).

Why cant the owners come on here and talk about them instead of a third party?

The moto woz shocks are sweet. I'd like to see them come in blue, red or black anodized aluminum.

One thing moto woz will have to compete with is peps valving.

BadA$$440
02-08-2003, 06:31 PM
surfer, it looks like your copying and pasting from the original email. This is the third post like this.

i thought the same thing. I wonder how much the are paying him to talk good about there company.

Im not saying hes lying, but i also dont know if he is telling the truth.

Surfer, do you have any pics of your setup?

Mr_400Ex
02-08-2003, 10:02 PM
PEP has the same type of valving as elka and axis, but doesnt have the highest quality components available in build up.

Ummm....PEP uses a ball spring valve system very similar too works, and not at all like axis, elka, or TCS. They all use a shim stack. Also, the way PEP ZPS shocks function is MUCH different (I didn't say better...just different) than any of the others. PEP zps pistons actually Float in the shock body....thats why if pick the front end of a PEP quad up it will stay put. There is no pressure build up on either side of the shock. Other shocks will appear to stay up, but if you give them enough time they will settle back down on the springs.

Ummm....The one really neat thing on these shocks it the adj. cross over springs, but you could even copy this with groved body shocks. Its just a different pieace of hardware. Use a tighter tolerance on the spring seporator, and use a normal c-clip (like holds the top spring) to stop the compression.

Just some thoughts,

Mr_400ex

surfer
02-09-2003, 03:56 AM
you know what, im just going to close this issue. you want my opinion you have it. wait a few years and see what happens?

BadA$$440
02-09-2003, 07:36 AM
but you didnt give us your opinion, you just copy and pasted what someone else wrote

Dave400ex
02-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Just don't worry about these Shocks guys. I mean I hope nobody on here pays $1,400 for a set of Shocks. We won't have any good info until some top guys start running them....

HSD400EX
02-09-2003, 10:17 AM
ive ridden about 3 differnt types of shocks..but my elkas are the best..triple rates with ssd...(zero preload..)i honestly think ther better than custom axis in several ways..motowoz..all i can say is that i dont think no one is going to spend that..when they can get sponsers for cheaper...:devil

Extremeracer167
02-10-2003, 08:23 AM
why is everyone on the board trying to push this company out so much?? Give them a chance. SOmeone comes on that has the shocks, and alls u do is flame him to death. "how much do they pay you to say this stuff" "You just copied and pasted it" LEave the guy alone. If you cant afford the shocks, dont make them out to be horrible shocks. There are PLENTY of serious racers that will pay 1400 for a set of GOOD front shocks. ANd PLENTY of racers that will spend 900 for a rear shock. Yeah they are expensive, but i know if i want an edge over my competition, and they are better then my Axis shocks, then yes im going to switch over, because suspension is the most crucial element on a quad. So if you arent going to buy the shocks cause u cant afford them, then dont buy them, but dont try to push the company away. :rolleyes:

Team Country
02-10-2003, 08:51 AM
I think it's great another company is getting involved. It's definitly good for our sport, and as far as giving surfer dude flak about his reply. You guys asked and he delivered. Take your negativity elsewhere.

Str8Wicked
02-10-2003, 09:31 AM
SURFER just a word of advise. Next time you want to discuss the shocks why don't you tell your own opinion and experience with them instead of sounding like you got all the info off there site or something. Tell us what kinda riding your doing and how they have reacted. Tell us how they have held up under stress. Tell us how you think they have helped you over the comp..... Also why sound like an ad by letting us know the differences between other shocks and these. Just tell us your experience and let everyone else decide if they like them against the shocks out there...

Extremeracer167
02-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Str8,
Were u ever a sponsored rider for any company? If you were, then you would understand what he is doing. His job is to let ppl know EXACTLY what he did. Why the company thats backing him and there products are better then other companies and there products. Thats the whole point of working with a company, they help you out, you help them out. By the sounds of it, he likes them alot more then other shocks hes had.

To everyone else I think Team COuntry nailed it on the head. Take the negativity elsewhere. Afterall its not like anyone on this forum has had experiance with this company. If u got there shocks and they were garbage then come on and flame about them. But until that, i think the company should be shown a little more respect.......afterall they are a new company trying to make better products for us!!!!

Str8Wicked
02-10-2003, 10:01 AM
I said take some advise... I ahve no problem with him promoting the company. But tell us why he likes it and without sounding like a commercial... I always say why I like certain products in here but from my own words...

I haven't been sponsored with my atv which I probably will never since I don't sompete nad ride for fun. Also I'm not good enough yet to even try since I've only been riding for about 1-2 years.

I am fimiliar with sponsors thou since my truck has about 20-30 sponsors total in it. I know that you can promote a product better by telling people your opinion of it instead of memorizing the ad for it and reciting it.

Just my 2 cents.. and I don't care if he post or not.. I am trying to help him by letting him know a better way to get his point across

Extremeracer167
02-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Str8,
I wasnt flaming, but i just think he did a decent job. But i do wanna know more on how they handle:D

BadA$$440
02-10-2003, 10:07 AM
im not flaming.

i jus said that he copied and pasted that one statement and "changd" a couple words around.

How is that giving us "HIS" opinion

I also think it is great that we got another shock on the market but so far the only thing i know about it, is that long statement comparng there shocks to others.

We would just like to know how surfer "personally" likes the shocks.

no flame intended

Str8Wicked
02-10-2003, 10:13 AM
It looks like you don't spell much either.

I don't even pay attention when I post half the time. If there is a mistake typing it's not like I go over the post 10 times to make sure the spelling is correct...

leave my spoke alone!

MX26
02-10-2003, 10:27 AM
BeeRock: Once again, SPOT ON. I knew that Elka raised their prices, but I did not know that they raised them that much. I am in total agreement with you on PEP's valving. They have it down to an art, and it will take a new and upcoming company alot of field time and tuning to get theirs anywhere near PEP. PEP is one of the best because they've been around the longest. They know what works, and how to get their products to do the job.

i thought the same thing. I wonder how much the are paying him to talk good about there company.

That is none of your business. When you put your signature on the dotted line of a sponsorship contract, you cannot tell your riding buddies what kind of price you pay for their products. If you do.. Let's just say one of your buddies calls them up and says "Hey, my friend John Doe got those shocks/helmet/gear/motor work for $650.. You're asking $900. Since I'm his buddy, can I..." THe answer? NO. You will also cost your buddy his ride support.

BadA$$440
02-10-2003, 10:42 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is none of your business. When you put your signature on the dotted line of a sponsorship contract, you cannot tell your riding buddies what kind of price you pay for their products. If you do.. Let's just say one of your buddies calls them up and says "Hey, my friend John Doe got those shocks/helmet/gear/motor work for $650.. You're asking $900. Since I'm his buddy, can I..." THe answer? NO. You will also cost your buddy his ride support.

man, nobody can take a joke these days.

I could care less if they are paying him or not, i was just messing around with surfer.

Dave400ex
02-10-2003, 01:46 PM
I think this new company is great and their shocks look top notch. My only problem is the price. They need to be proven before anybody goes and pays $1,400 for a set. Heck if they turn out to be #1 and they are the shock to own, then I could see getting them. But as a new company I would give them a little time...

Woz
02-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Well, It sounds like there are some concerns about the prices of MOTOWOZ shocks.

Here is the thought process behind our pricing...
We could offer our shocks for a lower price, get them out there, and then raise the price back up, but that just doesn't seem like good business to us.

We have invested the time and money to develop a superior performance product. Although we would like to be able to sell it at half the price of our competitors, that's not possible. Many of our parts and materials are more complex and just plain more expensive.

There may be some speculation that our production costs are higher because we are new. This is not so. We (myself and my partner) have been around the industry for many years, and I am quite sure that no other company could produce this product for less money.

We do realize however that our prices are higher than some, but we feel that the performance gains that we offer are well worth the price difference to a competitive racer.

If you really get down to it, they're really not that much more either. $1450 for our top of the line fronts is only a little more than Custom Axis at $1395. Rears are close too at $985.

If you're trail riding, just out for weekend fun, or just getting into racing, these shocks would work great for you too, but I can't say that you would benefit enough from them to justify the cost. There are several other options out there that would suit you fine. If you're serious about your racing, and just can't get quite what your looking for from other companies, we can probably help.

If there are any other questions, I'll try to keep an eye on this board and follow up when I can.

B@ckBoneBelgium
02-10-2003, 03:24 PM
PEOPLE !

You just sound like a bunch of kids on this forum ....

I live in belgium and in here it is very difficult to get ANY aftermaket part . SO JUST BE HAPPY THERE ARE SO MUCH DIFFERENT COMPANIES STARTING / MODDIFYING / IMPROVING DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET .

I drive with reiger Shocks , made in The nederlands and I think they are the best shocks because I have ridden all the brands that are available in belgium.I tried works , WP and Ohlins and for now the Reiger are the best !

Like some people said : " Do not puch the company out " and stop being negative until you personnaly have ridden them .

Just my 2 cents

Ben
02-10-2003, 04:10 PM
WOZ - I had been thinking about what suspension I am going to run on the Project 400ex I am building with manufacturers' support. Works doesn't offer all the features I am looking for and Elka's latest price hike, as well as the direction they are moving, i.e. away from supporting the little guy - and our members, has me looking for an alternative. Contact me if you are interested in participating in this project :)

Ben

Doibugu2
02-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Woz
Well, It sounds like there are some concerns about the prices of MOTOWOZ shocks.

Here is the thought process behind our pricing...
We could offer our shocks for a lower price, get them out there, and then raise the price back up, but that just doesn't seem like good business to us.

We have invested the time and money to develop a superior performance product. Although we would like to be able to sell it at half the price of our competitors, that's not possible. Many of our parts and materials are more complex and just plain more expensive.

There may be some speculation that our production costs are higher because we are new. This is not so. We (myself and my partner) have been around the industry for many years, and I am quite sure that no other company could produce this product for less money.

We do realize however that our prices are higher than some, but we feel that the performance gains that we offer are well worth the price difference to a competitive racer.

If you really get down to it, they're really not that much more either. $1450 for our top of the line fronts is only a little more than Custom Axis at $1395. Rears are close too at $985.

If you're trail riding, just out for weekend fun, or just getting into racing, these shocks would work great for you too, but I can't say that you would benefit enough from them to justify the cost. There are several other options out there that would suit you fine. If you're serious about your racing, and just can't get quite what your looking for from other companies, we can probably help.

If there are any other questions, I'll try to keep an eye on this board and follow up when I can.

Thanks for the nice response. I thought this was going to turn into a flame fest. I hope everything works out for you.

Str8Wicked
02-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Great reply... Didn't sound like a commercial yet it was from the owner.

Good job....

Dave400ex
02-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah that was a good reply. Heck hopefully the business does well and maybe some day us EXriders can get some % off.

BadA$$440
02-10-2003, 08:39 PM
ya, nice to hear from you woz.

sounds like some good shocks.

one question, if your production cost are lower than others, then why do you price the shocks so high? ( not trying to flame or run anybody away, for all you whiners)

Im not familar with this business field. Is there other costs? R&D tme? labor? or is it that they are that good of a shock?

thanks for coming to exriders. can we get a discount? lol:D

Woz
02-10-2003, 09:19 PM
one question, if your production cost are lower than others, then why do you price the shocks so high? (

I may not have been clear here.

Our shocks do cost more to build than others, because they are a more complex design, and some of our parts and materials are high end.

What I meant about our production costs being low is that we have combined our buying power with out of the industry (very large) sources to get great prices, and we have kept our overhead very low. I don't think that any of the other shock companies could build the same product that we do for less money.

In other words we've done a lot to make sure our products are as inexpensive as possible, but in order to make them what they are, they do cost more to produce.

Thanks for asking,

jesse

02-10-2003, 09:22 PM
I am in the market for nre shocks right now. I am going to get the tcs at this point just because I can get them new at a kick a$s price and they are what suit my needs.These seem like asom shocks(i kinda know about the shockmarket seeing as I have been researching them for like 3weeks straight). The main thing I see in these shocks is their quality seems to be really good, but I have no personal experiance om them nor have I heard any feedback from anyone on them beside the owners of the company and that didnt even discribe the proformance of them just what they are and their componets.I do realize that in this biz it is kinda hard to be successfull in starting a new product and have peopel buy it. And let me say one thing they better be DAMN good seeing as they are the highest price I have seen for shocks. I can't wate to see how they actually proforme, better yet I cant wate to see a professional run em! Good luck guys!

BadA$$440
02-11-2003, 05:53 AM
ok, thanks for filling me in jesse, i wasnt sure if i read it right or not

Team Country
02-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Jesse,
Don't know if you got my reply yesterday. This is Fred from Atlanta. Baja 2000 (Team 4a). I need those shocks we were talking about. PM me or call at 770-490-2708. I've got two weeks to do something and I don't really want Elkas. I need the emulsion type setup for 200 lbs. XC racing.

Price is definitely not a factor when you run in the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Man,

Fred J.
Team 4a

Duncan Support Rider

MX26
02-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Price is definitely not a factor when you run in the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!!

Mxbubs
02-11-2003, 11:32 AM
"Price is definitely not a factor when you run in the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HaHa.....yeah, but common sense should be a factor.....

Just because you can afford something doesnt mean its worth that much.

02-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Wow a more expensive shock, who would have thought :rolleyes:

Sounds like these shocks have some improvements or changes over the current stuff avail but from what I have read here so far the price is still heavier than those changes.

i have used many shocks, from works, ohlins, PEP, and TCS, and they dont even compare to the craftsmanship you will find on these shocks, everything is CNC milled/machined to exact specs, the shafts are hardened chromed, evertyhing is anodized for increased wear and protection, they use triple seals rather then the standard seal (meaning....THEY WONT LEAK!).

Hmmm if I remeber correctly thats very much the same as Elka had claimed on their shocks, except maybe for the triple lip seals as I never asked and figured if they were not there easily changed on the first rebuild.

No doubt axis has attention to quality and detail.Elkas attention to detail isnt on par with axis,works,tcs or pep. Elka still use thier spring guides for two purposes, seperating the spring rates and as cross overs. this is not detail or quality.
I thought elka changed over to the aluminum crossover rings but they havent. If they did switch back good for them, that remains to be seen as of now.

Bee I am not sure I am completely agreeing with all that. I am not completely impressed with the cross overs but the attention to detail seems above some of the others you claim.

I am sure we all will agree that the main thing on shocks isnt just how there made but rather set up is the key. This is why so many people get mixed opinions on the brands mentioned. I hear that Baldwin as well as Dirissi do great set up work and that is why so many love their product.

Recently I had seen a set of pep on a laegers framed yzf450 that were set up end to end full boat for the previous rider/racer and I have to say they were not only different than the other peps I have seen but looked to be made much better and after seeing the machine in action they deff performed better also. Through discussion with the rider I found out that Wayne at PEP had these set up and valved with the machine in shop and they had made changes to get it 100%.

Now I know my Elka's , Beerocks Works and the other PEPs and Axis that I have seen are all good shocks but none of them were 100% when received and most still arent now, and thats what makes the diff.

Just my .02 for free :)

Extremeracer167
02-11-2003, 01:28 PM
I just wanna know what everyone thinks of there BELOVED ELKAS now since the prices went up. Now nobody can complain about Axis being too much, becuase the Elka rear and Axis rears are the same price now. And the elka LT fronts are only about $80 cheaper then the Axis LTs. So whats everyone think now, which would you buy now??

MX26
02-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
I just wanna know what everyone thinks of there BELOVED ELKAS now since the prices went up. Now nobody can complain about Axis being too much, becuase the Elka rear and Axis rears are the same price now. And the elka LT fronts are only about $80 cheaper then the Axis LTs. So whats everyone think now, which would you buy now??

:D

Dave400ex
02-11-2003, 01:52 PM
I would buy PEP ZPS now! :D

02-11-2003, 01:52 PM
I"d still buy Elka's..:macho

Go pick up a magazine and look at what 3/4 of all new quads being built for all types of racing are using for the photo shoots. If your not following all these new built race machines by IMS, ROLL, FST, DUNCAN, ETC, ETC, ETC they all have Elka's..what's thaty say about them..Even the almighty bazzilionair Doug Roll is starting to use Elka,,,you guys are just sad the almighty AXIS is gettin it's arse kicked by the Junky Elka's...:blah :macho It's OK,,axis is still good and I'd run them on my quad any day..I just chose Elka,, plus the price was much better than axis.

And you mention elka's are as much as axis...NOT.. Sure the top rate all adj. LT elka's might be..but remember JR..you got weekend warriors on this board that don't give a rats arse what top of line products are out there,,it's what they can afford..and when it comes to that...triple rate Elkas are still way below the price of Axis..front and back...:macho :blah :macho :devil Please compare apples with apples... and maybe I'm wrong and if so I'll admit I'm wrong,,but didn't the price of elka's only go up..like $50 - $75 a shock and which puts front triple rates around $800,,when axis are still over $1000..:confused:

MX26
02-11-2003, 01:58 PM
And you mention elka's are as much as axis...NOT.. Sure the top rate all adj. LT elka's might be..but remember JR..you got weekend warriors on this board that don't give a rats arse what top of line products are out there,,it's what they can afford..and when it comes to that...triple rate Elkas are still way below the price of Axis..front and back... Please compare apples with apples...

It's been my understanding that this whole post is made for the top-of-the-line shocks produced..

Works would suit many people on this board, but some people just want to be like everyone else and run a certain brand. That's bias. Rico I'm not calling you out, or getting on your case in any way, but if I'm not mistaken I also remember seeing Gust run a DG pipe on that Suzuki 440 he ran.. And EVERYBODY knows DG pipes arent the greatest. :D

I'm afriad I'm going to end up pissing people off, but this has been a good topic for the past 2 weeks. I know that IM not trying to make anyone mad, but a forum board is for opinions.. So I'll state mine. If we don't match up, I'm sorry you feel that way. lol:p

Dave400ex
02-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Well about the DG pipe Gust ran, I believe it was the TC pipe, but just had a DG sticker on it. If it was a DG, I about bet the outer shell was the only normal part, I bet Tom took out everything on the inside...

Woz
02-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Many of the shock companies who make shocks today make great shocks. I'm not afraid to say it.

The big question here is, of course...
What is the best shock?

This totally depends on you.
Your budget, Your skill level, your riding type, your machine, your location, and even your taste.

Almost every shock ever made can be called the "best" shock if it is a good fit to the needs of the person using it.

Extremeracer167
02-11-2003, 02:35 PM
here is the price quoute i got directly from Elka. Just to see what there new prices are. And for there top of the line shocks, looks liek they are RIGHT with Axis now. Sorry Rico:D

Here’s the different kind of shock we built with prices.

The ones we recommend for your application are in red.

They will offer a smoother ride; removing headshake and arm pump for a more
comfortable and faster ride, all shocks are ride height adjustable.

FRONT SUSPENSION

Pair fully adjustable (compression and rebound), in remote reservoir or piggyback:

For the Dual rate spring set up: $1040.00 US
(Banshee, Blaster, 300ex, Lt250r, Lt500)
For triple rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $1070.00 US
(400ex, 250R, Raptor, Z-400, Kfx400, Cannibal, Blaze, Fx400)
Long travel, Predator500 and DS650 with quad rate spring: $1245.00 US
(Houser, Walsh, Merrell, Pro-trax, Roll, Gibson)

The triple & quad rate set up has a 600lbs/inch mid spring that eliminate bottoming out.
The First spring is a self-sagging device (zero-preload) that lowers the center of gravity by 2 inch.

Pair adjustable in compression only, in remote reservoir or piggyback:

Dual rate spring set up: $865.00 US
(Banshee, Blaster, 300ex, Lt250r, Lt500)
Triple rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $895.00 US
(400ex, 250R, Raptor, Z-400, Kfx400, Cannibal, Blaze, Fx400)
Long travel, Predator500 and DS650 with quad rate spring: $970.00 US
(Houser, Walsh, Merrell, Pro-trax, Roll, Gibson)

If you are looking for maximum wheel travel, you should consider the compression only
shocks. They offer 3/4 inch more of shaft travel, so 2inch more wheel travel, compared to
the fully adjustable (except for long travel and Z400, Predator500, Kfx400, DS650 these set-up
have the same amount of travel either compression only or rebound and compression)

We can build those shocks and send them to you in 3 weeks or less.

All of our front shock comes with a rod of 5/8 for more resistance.

REAR SUSPENSION

“Most of our rear shocks offer more wheel travel than the stock units”.

The rear shocks come's fully adjustable (compression and rebound) in a remote
reservoir.

Single rate rear shock: $745.00
Double rate rear shock with self-sagging device: $775.00 US

Those are the EXACT PRICES that you would get them for TODAY!
:D That is the email i got from them from there quote page.

02-11-2003, 02:46 PM
MX26 no offence taken man...;) I ran works for years and went to elka and they are great..

Extreme,,i guess I'm wrong,,those prices seem to be a bit high..I can't disclose what i paid for the elka's I got..but the price list you posted is crazy high...:(

WOZ..your shocks do look highly pissed off and I'm not sayin anything negative about them what so ever..the blue kicks arse for sure..I'll get off the soap box now...:cool:

Extremeracer167
02-11-2003, 02:54 PM
i like this for marketing though, they do what Works used to do. Works used to say, "WILL NOT BOTTOM OUT!" listen to Elka now. "The triple & quad rate set up has a 600lbs/inch mid spring that eliminate bottoming out.
The First spring is a self-sagging device (zero-preload) that lowers the center of gravity by 2 inch."

Now most of the suspension guys that i talked to, say that u want to bottom out. Not all the time, but u DO WANT TO BOTTOM THE SHOCKS! SO if the SSD device lowers it by 2 inches, and then they tell you that they use some special spring to eliminate bottoming, that seems to me like you arent getting alot of the desired travel. Ill admit it, i bottom my Axis out, but atleast i know im getting the full amount of travel im supposed to.

I just want to see what these Motowoz shocks are like. Im kinda getting excited actually!

Pappy
02-11-2003, 02:56 PM
i priced a front set of elka..tripple rate...compression adj shocks yesterday.....$830. im glad i ordered mine a few weeks back.

somebody post some pics of these new shocks showing the differences. please:)

Dave400ex
02-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Well I don't think the Shock brand matters, it's who sets the Shocks up. If I sent my Elka's to Derisi and he put a Pro Millieum (SP?) valve in them I bet they would be about the best shocks out there. Same with Baldwin and PEP. If only Derisi would make that setup....

dezertfreak
02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
hey woz when are we gonna see an internal bypass shock on quads, it cant be far off

beerock
02-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ben
WOZ - I had been thinking about what suspension I am going to run on the Project 400ex I am building with manufacturers' support. Works doesn't offer all the features I am looking for and Elka's latest price hike, as well as the direction they are moving, i.e. away from supporting the little guy - and our members, has me looking for an alternative. Contact me if you are interested in participating in this project :)

Ben
This is what im talking about! I have 2 quotes here to explain the false information going around about works.

Ben what do you mean works doesnt offer all the features you want? Works makes shocks with all the features every company on the market has AND ONE FURTHER there the only ones with a patented valving system.
Or are you saying that because they wouldnt give you a "project deal"??

Originally posted by Rico

MX26 no offence taken man... I ran works for years and went to elka and they are great..

This statement is another reason WOrks has a bad name!!

Rico, you switched from WOrks triple rate at steelers w/rezzies 1/2" shaft To a elka with a 5/8 shaft and a larger shock body.

right?

YOU CANT COMPARE THEM!

now maybe if you went from a works pro series(5/8 shaft large shock body) then you could compare the two. But you had steelers.

the steelers have a skinnier shock shaft and a smaller shock body which allows the shock to fade faster.

so could everyone please compare "comparable" shocks and not "uncomparable" shocks?

p.s.
Pep doesnt use a ball style valving system, thats works.

another little tid bit is that the BILLIT works shocks with comp and rebound DONT LOSE ANY TRAVEL like the elkas.

lenny, my works shocks arent comparable to the others. I thought I had pro series shocks when i first got my bike because they had the threaded preload on top, but they are just at steelers with the threaded preload option.(and my conversion to a ssd shock) I have the 1/2" shaft and smaller bodies, ssd spring and racetech suspension fluid.

the shock shaft thickness ALONE makes the bike feel more solid let alone a larger capacity shock body

I may buy the works staidium series just because I still believe in works and the reason behind that is because they have been around longer then any other atv shock company and there valving system is pretty cool.

Tommy 17
02-11-2003, 04:33 PM
i have bottomed my elkas out atleast 5 times for sure... one was casing a single to table about 35ft and landing flat ontop of the table part...

and at rausch there is a small 25ft to 30ft double that me and pappy were over jumpin all day... if i landed wrong and flat landed i did bottome them out...

Ben
02-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by beerock
[B]This is what im talking about! I have 2 quotes here to explain the false information going around about works.

Ben what do you mean works doesnt offer all the features you want? Works makes shocks with all the features every company on the market has AND ONE FURTHER there the only ones with a patented valving system.
Or are you saying that because they wouldnt give you a "project deal"??

It has nothing to do with a project deal - I have talked with a single shock company about our project - and have no intention of doing so yet. I will spend 90% of the money out of pocket to build this project quad ;)

Ben

02-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Yeah I can't say my works sucked by any means. I thought they worked great for what I used them for which was MX racing..they soaked up big jumps..some of you guys have seen jumps I"ve taken with them..and the rebuilt rear was just as good. But it was not the setup i needed for XC racing which is what i"ll be doing a whole lot more of this year.. And the Elka's are kicken butt in the woods...:macho

Woz
02-11-2003, 05:13 PM
hey woz when are we gonna see an internal bypass shock on quads, it cant be far off

Thanks for the inquiry dezertfreak, I am willing to answer almost any questions you have about our products or our company...

This goes for everybody. We're an open book. Ask away.

1 exception.
Regarding any sort of new "bypass" or "position sensitive" rear shock. I will not coment on this. I will not confirm nor deny that we are even thinking about such a product. Seriously.

Sorry, but I do appreciate the inquiry.

02-11-2003, 05:55 PM
ooo looks liek somone is trying to develop it.......:macho

Team Country
02-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Woz,
Are you currently selling these shocks or not? I posted a couple of times and would like to speak to you about purchasing some of your shocks?

02-11-2003, 11:35 PM

Though a little sarcastic I do agree with your point and it would have been a much harder decision if I would have to pay the current list prices. Also now that C&D is or is working on becoming a Axis dealer I would assume the discounted prices would make a potential for Axis to be the better value.

I had purchased the Elkas after a long frustrating evaluation on suspension componets (you just cant get "real" info easily etc) and was looking at all the names mentioned here and I have to admit that I didnt find reason to have any concern to the quality of the product on any of them and they all do compare well except for the AT-Steelers which are a lower priced product.

Like Beerock had said the steelers are the low end for Works and they have some other very nice stuff like the pro and stadium series which are completely diff than the steelers.

I stand behind my set up comment and still believe that if you are able to get the same "special" treatment as a sponsord racer you will love them no matter whos name is on the shock.

02-11-2003, 11:49 PM
WarriorMan I would buy PEP ZPS now!

If I could get (and afford :) ) the ones I had seen on that yz450 laeger I wouldnt give it a second thought and am sure I would like them.

here is the price quoute i got directly from Elka. Just to see what there new prices are. And for there top of the line shocks, looks liek they are RIGHT with Axis now. Sorry Rico

Elka is trying to get the most $$$ out of our industry just like everyone else, and from what I can see Martin has some sort of Axis envy and seems to want to replace or replicate them.

As I had said in another thread I think this price increase is going to hurt Elka's sales and I hope that it doesnt backfire on them(well sort of) to the point that they loose their "value" sales. Lets be honest with each other here that Elka was a deal even if you didnt get the best discount when you compared them to the other shocks out there.

BTW I will admit that IMO all the top name shocks are overpriced and we are paying what the market will allow.

Thanks for the inquiry dezertfreak, I am willing to answer almost any questions you have about our products or our company...1 exception.
Regarding any sort of new "bypass" or "position sensitive" rear shock. I will not coment on this. I will not confirm nor deny that we are even thinking about such a product. Seriously.

Woz, great to see your willingness to help answer our questions and concerns but then you go and back out on the most interesting or important one :( but at least its a start :)

Enough from me for now.

airheadedduner
02-12-2003, 01:38 AM
So whats everyone think now, which would you buy now??

TCS:D There top of the line, triple rate, zps, compression and rebound adjustments $850.

Thoose really look sweet and you guys are bringing some nice features to the ATV industry but as for me, and lots of others I know like me cannot justify spending $1400 on a set of front shocks. Yeah, you are bringing forward some advancements but what about us peeps that want the best bang for the buck?? Not flameing, I really want to know.

Team Country
02-12-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Team Country
Woz,
Are you currently selling these shocks or not? I posted a couple of times and would like to speak to you about purchasing some of your shocks?

Woz,
Thanks for informative reply. I look forward to working with you, and can't wait to hear from you.

To all you guys who think a little more money is just to much to spend to get a better product. I'll be waiting for you at the finish line.

Don't support CANADA support AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extremeracer167
02-12-2003, 08:22 AM
To all you guys who think a little more money is just to much to spend to get a better product. I'll be waiting for you at the finish line. Don't support CANADA support AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preach on brother!!!:p

Pappy
02-12-2003, 08:29 AM
the american retailers do quite well selling the canadian product...and from what i hear they actually do a better margin on the elkas. 2 cents thrown in thar;)

and if you can get me a set of shocks that garuntees me to win...ill buy them:p

02-12-2003, 08:59 AM

To all you guys who think a little more money is just to much to spend to get a better product. I'll be waiting for you at the finish line.

Don't support CANADA support AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little more money...:huh Someone stole my money tree about 3 weeks ago...$1000 more dollars for the new WOZ shocks over some other brands...that's not a little more money that's my mortgage payment... :eek: Not saying there not worth it by any means..they look badarse and I'd love to have them..just found the little more money comment funny..;) :D

And the next comment you made should get all are northern buddies fired up...lmfao ;)

02-12-2003, 10:12 AM
I'll be waiting for you at the finish line.
Cool than you will be the guy waving the checkered flag :)

Yeah, you are bringing forward some advancements but what about us peeps that want the best bang for the buck?? Not flameing, I really want to know. aaah $crew us, I guess its like if you got to ask you cant afford it :)

and if you can get me a set of shocks that garuntees me to win...ill buy them I am with Kenny on this one, and lets see that guarantee before we fork over the EXTRA 700.00.

02-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Cool than you will be the guy waving the checkered flag :)

ROFLMFAO...now that was funny..:D

PS...Team Country,,, how do I get signed up for the FAR racing team???:D I just noticed that and think it's great..:devil

Dave400ex
02-12-2003, 01:59 PM
440EX4me what yz450 are you talking about? I don't know if I have seen it. I think PEP and TCS are the best value out now. If PEP only had a shorter wait more people would buy them. Heck I am really surprised more guys don't run TCS. Short wait, good quality, and from what I hear they work great...

Team Country
02-12-2003, 07:19 PM
You guys are Hilarious LMFAO!!!

Pappy,
Didn't really mean anything about the CANADA/AMERICA thing. Just trying to get a rise out of someone. Been to Canada several times and their strip clubs are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey 440, I'll be the one with my tongue in the trophy girls ear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico,
As far as Becoming a member of the infamous FAR Racing Team. We have a few qualifications. First of all: are you missing any teeth? Are you married to a relative? How many dogs do you have. Have you ever ran into your ex at a family reunion. There are some other requirements I'll be glad to talk to you about later.

Me personally I've been married 3 times and if it doesn't work out this time I guess I'll Have to resign as President because I'm definitely marrying outside of the family!!!!! This cousin stuff just ain't working.

Mxbubs
02-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Youll never stick that 1400$ pair of front shocks up this boys butt. I smell something cooking, and it smells like overpriced ****.

Mxbubs
02-12-2003, 08:10 PM
P.S. And if you were thinking people with the money would pony up for them, better think of something else. I can pony up, but Im not giving anyone 1400$ for a front pair of atv shocks.:D

Team Country
02-12-2003, 08:22 PM
So, you've rode a few ponies?

02-12-2003, 09:12 PM
I thought this would turn into a humerous thread but dont be looking here cause the jokes in your hand. :D :macho

440EX4me what yz450 are you talking about? I don't know if I have seen it. I cant remember :grr It was blue and I am sure it was for GNC MX or I would remember the name easier LOL.

The current owner is from NY/NJ and I know it came from more central US but I will get the info if I see him again. I think he is going to be practicing at a place here in NJ (atco) when it opens, so if any of you guys notice this quad check it out cause its sset up sweeeet.

BTW the quad had the 426 motor in it when the previous guy had it but this guy put the 450 in it and it looks like it was made for it.

Team Country
02-13-2003, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 440EX4me
[B]I thought this would turn into a humerous thread but dont be looking here cause the jokes in your hand. :D :macho

Didn't mean to iritate anyone. Just having a little fun. I guess we kinda' got away from what this thread was supposed to be for. Anyways, I got some MOTOWOZ shocks coming and I'll let everyone know about them when I've ridden them a while.

Anyone running the 4 Stroke stock class at the GNCC's?

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 08:37 AM
i thought one of the qualifications for 4 stroke stock class is that you cant have ressies on your shocks and you just said you go tthe MotWoz shocks coming. Are you going to be in 4 stroke stock?

forum
02-13-2003, 09:48 AM
hey, to the guy saying don't buy from canada. Its ok. we will see who sells the most shocks by the end of next season. Cause im willing to bet it'll still be elka. despite them being made in canada. Keep bringing on them american like hate coments it only proves so many more points!

Extremeracer167
02-13-2003, 10:34 AM
With there recent pirce hike, i bet works still outsells them:rolleyes:

MX26
02-13-2003, 11:31 AM
With there recent pirce hike, i bet works still outsells them:rolleyes:

For sure. Forum, take a joke bro. It's all good

Dave400ex
02-13-2003, 03:09 PM
I bet Elka will still be very high on the sales list because they offer many different sets of shocks. I think after this season they will have their shocks even more dialed in...

Team Country
02-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Keep bringing on them american like hate coments it only proves so many more points! [/B][/QUOTE]

Forum,
Not hating here. Just a little joke aye!

Team Country
02-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bad*****440
i thought one of the qualifications for 4 stroke stock class is that you cant have ressies on your shocks and you just said you go tthe MotWoz shocks coming. Are you going to be in 4 stroke stock?

You are correct, but who said they didn't make shocks without rezzies. Gettin' made specially for me.

Hey just a little note. To all you guys racing this year good luck and hope to meet some of you guys at the races. I've enjoyed chatting with ya'll.

Team Country
02-13-2003, 03:21 PM

I spoke with the owner personally about his shocks and he is very helpful, and personable. I think after you guys see these shocks in action, and talk to some people using them. Some of you will be running them. Me personally I like the fact that you can talk to the Man behind the shock and he will work for you. That definitely should count for something. Just give them time.
Like I said, this guy knows his stuff and is partnered with an engineer in the field. AXIS<ELKA<WORKS watch out.

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 03:43 PM
you didnt answer my question, are yu running 4stroke stock class?

And will you be atthe florida GNCC? if so, can we meet up so i can try out our shocks?

Team Country
02-13-2003, 04:12 PM

And will you be atthe florida GNCC? if so, can we meet up so i can try out our shocks?

Yes, I am.

Our Shocks? Are you sending me some money?

Team Country
02-13-2003, 04:14 PM

I won't have the shocks until North Carolina. You can't rush perfection.

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 04:15 PM
lol, my bad, i meant "your" shocks. But i thought you cant run Ressies in the "Stock" class?

Team Country
02-13-2003, 04:33 PM
You can't. The ones I've got coming don't have rezzies.

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 04:37 PM
ok ,gotcha

but if you are so fast ( which you seem to be since your buying top of the line shocks ), why are you just running in the stock class?

not trying to be a smart ***, just wonderin

Team Country
02-13-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm not saying I'm fast, but I'm not slow either. I've been away since the 2000 Baja race due to several reasons and I'm just now getting back into it. I'm just taking it kind of slow and would like to win a class championship. Not saying I will. I'm just hoping. Theirs going to be a couple of fast guys and I know Adam Howell will be back on a Kawasaki 700. We'll see. I'm getting old so I'll be able to use that excuse.

If you've never raced the stock class at GNCC then you are in for a suprise. STOCK doesn't mean slow. They are some really fast guys in that class.

You racing that class?

Good luck.

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 05:01 PM
naa, this will be my first GNCC race, i was thinking of running 4 stroke B but decided to run 4 stk Novice.

Team Country
02-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Good Luck guy. Two hrs. is a *****.

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 05:08 PM
ya, im use to racing for 1 1/2 hrs straight so i hope i got enough endurance for 2 + hrs

does the stock class run 2 hrs?

Team Country
02-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Yes

02-13-2003, 05:37 PM
The race will be 2 hours minimum probably..the more ya get lapped the less laps you have to do. But they are very long races...and team country..my money's on the way dude..I can't wait ta try out our shocks...:eek: lmfao :D

Team Country
02-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Cool Man. I can't wait either. I wish I could get them sooner but they haven't made any without rezzies yet.

BadA$$440
02-13-2003, 05:43 PM
i meant to say "your" but i forgot the "y", lol:D

Team Country
02-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Rico,
Does Meszaros have a web site?

Team Country
02-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey Bad*****440,
Is that your girlfriend? OO<OOOOOO!

Dave400ex
02-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Man our local races are only an hour I couldn't even imagine 2 hours plus...

Woz
02-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Some of you seem interested in how many shocks a company sells, or will sell this year.

Someone claimed that Elka will sell the most shocks this year.

Typically, WORKS sells almost as many shocks as all the other companies combined. From what I have seen, Elka will be selling a lot of shocks too, but from what I know about the industry, I don't think they'll come close to what Works can do.

Believe it or not, FOX also sells a ton of ATV shocks, which I don't understand. The numbers I've seen put them in 2nd behind WORKS, but I never see them out there, so I don't know where they're going. I guess it's OEM type sales.

MOTOWOZ...
I bet we'll sell less shocks than almost everyone else. That's OK though. Our focus is on quality, and making sure the customers we have are happy with what they get.

Doibugu2
02-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Rico,
Does Meszaros have a web site?

Team,

the website is www.meszmoto.com. Bob the owner is an extremly nice guy. They don't have a lot on there website so give him a call.

02-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Team,

the website is www.meszmoto.com. Bob the owner is an extremly nice guy. They don't have a lot on there website so give him a call.

Yeah Bob's a really nice guy and owns his own machine shop and CNC machine...if ya want it he can make it..:D

Extremeracer167
02-14-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Woz
MOTOWOZ...
I bet we'll sell less shocks than almost everyone else. That's OK though. Our focus is on quality, and making sure the customers we have are happy with what they get.

They prob. count all the sales they make to Polaris, because as u guys know poooolaris runs fox shocks on prob. all of there quads. SO im sure thats where the high sales comes into play.

Team Country
02-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Hey Extreme,
Tell Tom (TC) that Fred Sewell from Alabama said hello. He's a great guy and I used to use his stuff before I quit several years ago.

Extremeracer167
02-14-2003, 11:23 AM
Will do!
Actually i gotta call him here in a few minutes to get some cams and stud kits. Yeah Tom is an AWESOME guy to talk to. Especially when u are up at his shop.

Team Country
02-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yeah Bob's a really nice guy and owns his own machine shop and CNC machine...if ya want it he can make it..:D

Thanks guys! Cool stuff. Cheap prices.