PDA

View Full Version : Brake line question

Baileygunns
10-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Can some one tell me how wide the front end of 525 Outlaws are? More specifically the distance between the calipers with stock a-arms and also the distance from the union in the brake line to the master cylinder...

Wondering if the stock brake lines will mount up on a Honda 450R. Right now I have stock width arms with a +2 stem and CR high bend bars. I'm eventually going to go +2 arms and ATV high bend bars which would put the bars about an inch higher than they are now... The stock lines on the 450R are long enough for +2 arms but I'm at the limit for the bar height now and the ATV high bend bars will put me about an inch higher.

The stock lines on your bikes are braided and if they fit, would make a nice and low budget upgrade for me... Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Baileygunns
10-21-2010, 01:14 PM
No one with a 525 has a tape measure?!?!

Common Guys... Hook me up!

Baileygunns
10-24-2010, 04:44 AM
40 views and not a one with a tape measure...

Oh well... Thanks anyhow.

Brown450R
10-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Next time I have my 525 far enough apart to take that measurement, I will. But why would I? What your asking for is a lot of work, unless you just want a rough idea. I will go outside right now and take a rough measurement from the union and then up and over from what I can see with everything together. Back in a minute.

Brown450R
10-24-2010, 07:37 AM
The way the line snakes around the left side and then goes to the right handlebar leads me to believe there is plenty of length for what you want to do. Like I said, it is tough to get a real measurement with plastic in place. I'm guessing 30 inches? I have a honda 450r sitting right next to my outlaw, and the outlaw brake lines look to be a lot longer. Distance between calipers is about 32 inches, but there is a lot of slack in the lines. I think your plan will work.

Baileygunns
10-24-2010, 07:49 AM
That's all I needed brother! I can find the stock 525 lines cheap but wanted to make sure I was in the ball park before tossing money away...

Thank you!

SSJEFF
10-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I would say yes they will work. The lines on the Outlaws are very long. If they will bolt up, I do not know. I do know the top part will bolt up to the master cylinder because I have run Honda MC on my outlaws.
check out polarispros for more info