PDA

View Full Version : LT front with ST rear shocks

XC_Racer_129
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
I race cross country and found a long travel front end for a decent price. I only have standard travel on the rear and don't really want to switch over to long travel because of cost. I was wondering how long travel fronts work with a standard travel rear. Some ppl say it works, others say it works aweful. I was just wondering if anyone had experience.

Thanks!

fastredrider44
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
It will be fine. I raced like that for a year.

airmobile101
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Yep, shouldn't be any issue.

XC_Racer_129
10-21-2010, 08:56 AM
alright, very good. I guess I'll try it then.

Lquad71
10-21-2010, 09:36 PM
If you have ran stack suspension this whole time then do it. You will like it.

Suspension has a crazy amount of variables that play into working properly, and so when a front and rear suspension package is purchased, it is made to all work together. so if you buy a rear end later, it most likely will not work how it was made to. and your front end most likely isnt made to work with a stock rear end. just something to think about for later down the road if you plan on getting suspension all the way around.

XC_Racer_129
10-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Yea, I just bought the 450 so it's all stock suspension right now. I got long travel PEP's with Houser arms. The shocks were set up for that setup for a 165lb rider. I'm a little more at like 175 or 180, so I might get them revalved to my specs. I do want to get them rebuilt, so it would be a great time to do it. I think I might just send the rear to Jet or GT thunder, unless I find a decent used rear for cheap and get that rebuilt and revalved. I'm on a budget and school comes first so I can't afford to go out and buy everything new or I would, and anyone that races XC knows it's hard to find things used, even for the Honda.