PDA

View Full Version : Removed wire harness

procraft7399
10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
I removed the wire harness today, one small problem something happened with the ign. key switch, I dont have to turn the key on or off, not sure what I did b/c I didnt touch it? I just shut it off with the kill cord. I want to remove the rest of the junk but not sure what I need. I dont have a battery, starter, or oil tank. What can I remove? Some of the wires I think I may need are taped with things I dont need i think. On the right side of the quad there is a small square thing with wires do I need that? I no I need the coil and cdi.

Thank you 4 your help.

nastynotchback1
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
http://g-forcepowersports.com/wihaby1.html

This is what you need to do

EthansDad
10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
yea, that link has some good info. you don't need any of that junk when you've properly bypassed the wiring harness. pull the whole long wire bundle out and remove all the handle bar mount stuff and key ignition.

when you are done, should end up with the wires coming out of the stator (from motor) to the CDI and coil (per the diagram). then wire in a good after market kill cord from the coil to ground and connect a ground wire from the motor to the frame. thats it. done. electrical problems just got a lot easier to trouble shoot.

also, remember the directionality of the kill switch matters. if you get it backwards, it shocks your rider :eek2:

nastynotchback1
10-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by EthansDad
also, remember the directionality of the kill switch matters. if you get it backwards, it shocks your rider :eek2:

found this out the hard way and let me tell you a pvl has a kick to it:D

procraft7399
10-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Thank you for your help, I found the instructions that nastynotchback1 posted via a search in this fourm, and that is what I did, and it works fine. When I searched i found a key bypass and wire harness bypass, I did the wire harness bypass and by doing that it also bypassed the key switch which I have a kill tether already installed so I dont need the key, but was that supposed to happen? So I can remove the resistor and the
Rectifier & Regulator keep the wires from the stator to the cdi then to the coil and tether and remove everything else without any problem? There is a lot of crap in there to be removed.

Thank you for your help.

nastynotchback1
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
yeah your on the right track