PDA

View Full Version : can a 2006 yfz with all the race mods and fox keep up with the new race bikes??

florentino
10-19-2010, 07:43 AM
i have a 2006 and i love it. i also think its more realiable then the new bikes. i have a stock ds 450 and i am not sure wich one to built. i am ready to buy long travel and go crazy on it.
i just dont see any more old yfz s at the track. or should i buy the new yamaha. i need guys that race to tell me their input.

i also have a stock ltr and i love it . it had not fail but i am going to sell it before it does.

i also raced a stock kawasaki and thats the worse quad ever rode and it would cost to much to build.

since i have the yamaha already. i am open to all ideas. so please tell me what up.

blaster12s
10-19-2010, 08:06 AM
i can keep up on my 04 in B but it is getting worse and worse everyweekend with the parts i keep breaking.
i dont have the money for a new bike so ill just have to keep fixin the old one, there fast and make good power but it is all about comport on the bike

florentino
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
i can keep up on my 04 in B but it is getting worse and worse everyweekend with the parts i keep breaking.
i dont have the money for a new bike so ill just have to keep fixin the old one, there fast and make good power but it is all about comport on the bike

most new bikes like can am and yfz r will break in less than a year but they are easy to make them handle good.
i not to put your bike down but the o6 is a little better.

blaster12s
10-19-2010, 05:47 PM
oh no doubt, but i my 04 doesnt have a part that is even 2 years old, all be updadted, its just been raced on the whole time so the little stuff tends to break on the old bike

florentino
10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
oh no doubt, but i my 04 doesnt have a part that is even 2 years old, all be updadted, its just been raced on the whole time so the little stuff tends to break on the old bike

so get a practice quad and that should help.
so how do you like your quad vs the new quads.

blaster12s
10-20-2010, 05:47 AM
no money for a practice bike, and honestly i rode a full gytr new yfzr and it was nice but you cant race it with the stock shocks. ide love to get my hands on a can am tho they are so friggen fast.

florentino
10-20-2010, 07:21 AM
the new yamaha is a good bike all stock. and the can am is nice too. but it cost alot more too fix them new bikes and they have all kinds of problems.
on my can am i broke the frame. thats 1500 so you get the idea.
and on the new yamaha lots of friends are breaking the motor mount . so and have eclectrical problems but yes that new yamaha is nice.

blaster12s
10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
well the can am frame problems are WELLLL known, no one would by that with out getting the proper bcs upgrades. and all bikes have eletrical problems, but if i had a 06 or a can am and i can spend money on both build the can am, correctly, they are amazing. sell the 06 for parts lol.

florentino
10-21-2010, 11:39 PM
thanks for the input. like i said i have the can am and the yamaha. and not sure. the only thing i dont like on the yamaha it the way it jumps in the air. it does turn better
theres a a guy that has a set of 3 fox shox and leagers a arms. for 1500 thats a good deal. or i can just put the mx x can am stock a arms and shocks on the can am.
i may do them both. if i can aford it. i have a stock ltr and i dont want to take a chance on it. are they ever going to fix the damm gears.

blaster12s
10-22-2010, 06:30 AM
hahah 3rd gear will be fine until you speed shift, and the xpkg shocks arent that great. but i say build the can am cuz it will have the highest resale value

florentino
10-22-2010, 07:43 AM
hahah 3rd gear will be fine until you speed shift, and the xpkg shocks arent that great. but i say build the can am cuz it will have the highest resale value

i have never had top of the line shocks so i dont know.
my 2008 can am is all stock and the shocks are ok.

on my yamaha i have plus 2 a arms and put the new yamaha yfz shocks and it works just as good as some older elka longtravel shocks. heres a vid on my yamaha testing the shocks at some monter woops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBzW_lgIT4