PDA

View Full Version : National Class Interest: Stk Appearing 90cc CVT Class a.k.a. Super Stock 90cc

bulldogfallon
10-19-2010, 07:11 AM
In Fl, we have a large consistent turn out in our Stock Appearing classes and I thought that if this type of class could be introduced at a national level that more families could get involved in the sport.

I spoke with Rich Hetrick this am and we both feel that this could really be a solid class to add to the event.

This post is meant to help gauge the interest of potential families and not to create and uproar or any fights among groups with various opinions.

Some of the basics behind the class:
OEM Cylinder
OEM Pipe
OEM A-Arm and Swingarm
OEM Carb Size
OEM Ignition
Stock Appearing from the outside

Mods Allowed:
Porting
Reed Cage Upgrade
Chain Tensioners
Air Filter
CVT Parts
Body Parts-Nerfs, Wheels Foot Brake Etc

Aftermarket Shocks--Stock Mounting points??? Who knows...I guess that would be up to the participants feedback, but either way would be fine if the riders showed up and were safe, while keeping the class affordable.

Rich and I will pursue this class with the AMA and promoters if the feedback is positive and enough interest is shown.

If you can pass this thread on to parents that would potentially be interested that would be great...

Also please share any positive things that your tracks do to help maintain a consistent turn out.

No matter what the opinions are...this is an attempt to create more interest in the sport and to make an affordable class that is more competitive for the average rider and family. A class to get a taste of racign without the huge investment and the need "to know the secrets" to go fast.

Hope this threads finds everyone well and that it enables a lot of good feedback

Thank you for your time

Gary

selbygirl
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
sounds good i have 4 kids just so long we can use after market shocks more for safty reasons , plus i see a lot of parents put ther kids on bikes way to fast for ther abiltiy to ride i think it would be a good stepping stone for the young riders like a-b-c 450 class

nutech
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Sounds awesome. Sign us up. We run 3 different 70/90 apex 2 with stock shocks one with motowoz shock, shocks can get expensive but have seen the safety value of them. Thank you Gary and Les for all your support. Great asset to the sport.