PDA

View Full Version : what to do????

bens250ex
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
well im in a delima, i dont ride much anymore because there is really no where to ride/or no where i like to ride thats close by. sooooo i have been tossing the idea of buying a boat since i went to the lake more this summer than anything. if i get a boat i am looking for a older competition ski boat (mastercraft, correct craft, natique ect...) im talkin 70's-80's cause thats all the money i want to spend at the moment. but another idea is sell my truck and buy a newer truck. i currently have a 99 f-250 powerstroke its not stock i have sunk some money into it but the problem is it is a extended cab and i want a crew cab. so i have also been thinkin of getting a 04-06 Cummins just to try somethin different. i love fords but like i said just want somethin different. so what you guys think? keep lookin for a boat, or upgrade trucks. either way i will keep the bikes i currently have for a while longer or until they just dont get used at all....

CJM
10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Its your money, but I always feel if one can save cash its better off in the end.

If you want a boat, know this: they are a floating hole you sink money into. if you think the truck or quad can be $$$ forget about it the boat takes the cake. Older it is the more it wil have issues unless you find a cherry someones willing to let go.

TCracin440ex
10-19-2010, 06:46 AM
B.O.A.T.

Bust Out Another Thousand

an ol feller once told me that a boat dont do nothing but make a hole in the water that you put money into

with that being said i do love boating, we have a 26ft searay bowrider with a 454bb and counter rotating props. its awsome and we get alot of enjoyment out of it. they are a hassle to maintain and winterize/dewinterize every year

2 summers ago our boats seawater pump wentout and caused the boat to over heat. it done some damage. we had to pull the exhaust off and put new bellows in it where it damaged teh bellows. we had to rebuild the seawater pump.

it costs alot of money when boat parts break cuz most of the time u have to know what your working on to be able to work on them. hince this is why marinas charge so much money to fix them

TCracin440ex
10-19-2010, 06:53 AM
here is our boat. the blue book value of it was 30k, the guy was asking 24k for it. my mom threw a 13k stack in his face and he took it just because he wanted to get rid of it and had it forsale for so long.
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/003.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/005.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/002.jpg

One_Bad_400
10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
boats are just bad news all over. you think that 400ex you have is problems? a boat and it would be best friends. I vote for the truck. your truck is something you will enjoy every single day! and if you get a 04-06 like you saying, it will be around for a long time to come. a boat is only around for the summer months, and always a pita. buy the truck, and just hang out on someone else's problem boat over the summer.

honda400ex2003
10-19-2010, 01:19 PM
truck for sure first then you can do either one. steve

Warnerade
10-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I sold my practice bike and bought a boat this summer...probably one of the best decisions I've ever made...just dont buy a peice of crap and take care of it. Remember, if you pay 5k for a boat, you'r getting a boat thats worth 5k...

Canadian144
10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Definitely go with the truck...