PDA

View Full Version : Blown 03 Predator advice/ideas?

rhinomxer
10-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Havn't been on this site in ages... Jeez i'm gettin old.

Anyway, it looks as if I am going to be getting back into the sport quad scene. I am working out a deal and getting a 2003 Predator 500. I havn't seen it in person yet, but the guy tells me that it just had a top end rebuild, and with 5 minutes of ride time on it, it blew again! Aparently the valves are bent and snapped and the plug went through the piston. The engine was stock.

I'm a tight budget here and my wife will kill me in my sleep if I go too crazy here, Haha.

What is the cheapest way to fix this? My original idea was to find a complete engine for sale and buy or trade something for it and just swap it in, but to my surprise I am not really finding any complete engines. Not for a reasonable price anyway.

What would you do if you wanted this wheeler to run as cheap as possible? I dont care about making extra power or anything, I just wanna it ride-able.

Thanks! :cool:

jacob j
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Watch for a deal on ebay, that is what i have been doing, I just bought a 2003 predator and by the looks of things the 2003 model has alot of different set ups than other models, i'm in the process of overhauling my motor, my mechanic is taking his time. I've seen motors sell for around 5 to $600, if you watch closely.