PDA

View Full Version : Help finding help for Yamaha PW80

ewathen
10-18-2010, 05:44 PM
We eneded up getting a PW80. I have a question about it bogging from 3/4 to wide open throttle. I have already cleaned all of the jets and floatbowl. it starts, idles and run great until 3/4 throttle then it just acts like it is dying. Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? or could you point me to a site that might be able to help me?

Thanks!

Eric

EthansDad
10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
main jet too big? dirty air filter? pipe damaged? old plug /faulty electrical? might also be some sort of restricted CDI/ignition box that will not let it rev past a certain rpm. I don't know that PW80, but those are the things I'd check first.

-EA

Ride1Rob
10-19-2010, 06:30 AM
What he said ;)

ewathen
10-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Its all stock. Just got it off a guy that didnt know anything about it. I will check air filter and plug. I saw in the owner manual on line that there is a restrictor plug in the exhaust pipe. Could this cause the problem?

EthansDad
10-19-2010, 03:28 PM
sounds on the money if they have one. to me, does not sounds like a "bog" or lack or power on top, but rather it just goes flat on top. gets to a certain RPM, then just stays there, or almost sounds like it starts missing. does that sound right to you? something is restricting flow. that exhaust ring would do it, broke pipe, factory restricted CDI/ignition, stuff like that. the good news is I bet once you get it figured, it runs good.

-EA

ewathen
10-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Once you go past 3/4 throttle its like you turned the bike off. let the gas roll back a little and it takes off again.