PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 525 with CT racing exhaust dyno results

Pokoki
10-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I have a STOCK 2007 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS. I got my CT Racing exhaust on Friday, so Sunday was the install and dyno day.

After looking at CT Racing's dyno, I knew the peak HP number after just an exhaust and jet kit was high, so we did pre and post exhaust runs. We used a Dynojet Research Dyno.

It was amazing how lean my machine was running in stock form. We ended up taking out the stock 148 jet and after several trial runs found that the 160 jet was as almost perfect as you could get power/torque wise as well as the air to fuel ration.

After it was all said and done here are the results...

Stock: 39.90 hp and 29.44 torque
CT racing exhaust with jet kit: 41.74 hp and 30.63

Note: We broke 42 hp once out of three runs on the 160 jet but it laid down nearly identical 41.74 hp runs back to back. Not nearly the 48.94 hp that CT racing claims...

I cannot get the dyno chart to upload. I will keep working on that part.

OutlawBill
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
You can never compare hp# from different Dyno's they will never read the same just too many variables. You can go back to the same dyno and end up with 35 max hp All a dyno is a tuning tool for that day.

305stunnin
10-18-2010, 01:53 PM
after looking at this i wonder if i made the right exhaust choice, did you feel any difference power wise after the install or was it kinda normal

Pokoki
10-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 305stunnin
after looking at this i wonder if i made the right exhaust choice, did you feel any difference power wise after the install or was it kinda normal

The exhaust coupled with the complete dyno tune made a very definite gain on the butt dyno experience. I can tell a major difference. The guy who was helping me was very knowledgeable, and make a couple other tweaks for me as well.

My Outlaw had a slight hesitation upon wide open throttle. Well he removed the carb cover and did a little work in there, and immediately that problem was cured.

The exhaust sounds good, and the immediate acceleration from low to mid RPM's is night and day difference.

CJCohan
10-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Pokoki
It was amazing how lean my machine was running in stock form. We ended up taking out the stock 148 jet and after several trial runs found that the 160 jet was as almost perfect as you could get power/torque wise as well as the air to fuel ration.

So the was 160 tested in stock form or did you test the stock with the 148? Second time today I read about how lean it is from the factory !!

Pokoki
10-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by CJCohan
So the was 160 tested in stock form or did you test the stock with the 148? Second time today I read about how lean it is from the factory !!

We dynoed the quad in the purest stock form with the 148 jet, and it was lean. We put the exhaust on and left the same stock 148 jet, and it was lean. Then we tried the 152 jet, 155 jet, and finally got to 160.

We never did dyno the quad with the stock exhaust and the different jets. The different jets did not come into the equation until after the exhaust was installed.

When I say it was running lean in stock form, it was running extremely lean. My A/F ratio was hitting 18!

CJCohan
10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Holy F*#% !!! 18 !! And you rode it for three years like that not knowing? Its a 07 right? And didn't have issues that's amazing ... Not ya got me all worried going to check my plug tonight !!

2006 400ex slsd
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
just go pull ur plug and tell us how it looks itll take 2 min

CJCohan
10-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I pulled it before the Yankees game started looked good. Caramel brown ...

Pokoki
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by CJCohan
Holy F*#% !!! 18 !! And you rode it for three years like that not knowing? Its a 07 right? And didn't have issues that's amazing ... Not ya got me all worried going to check my plug tonight !!

I just bought this quad, and haven't even put an hour on it before the dyno tune. The original plug was pretty well shot, but over all the quad looked in good shape. The stock tires still had the nipples on them.

That's why it is always a risky situation to buy a used quad right.

Do all of your Outalw's back fire as well once you let off the throttle at high RPM's?

By the way, my top speed on the dyno was 75 mph. I still had power left, just not enough gear.

OutlawBill
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes common cause are air leak at joint of header to exhaust pipe and header to cylinder head at exhaust port. Also richen up the pilot jet

Pokoki
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Pokoki
I have a STOCK 2007 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS. I got my CT Racing exhaust on Friday, so Sunday was the install and dyno day.

After looking at CT Racing's dyno, I knew the peak HP number after just an exhaust and jet kit was high, so we did pre and post exhaust runs. We used a Dynojet Research Dyno.

After it was all said and done here are the results...

Stock: 39.90 hp and 29.44 torque
CT racing exhaust with jet kit: 41.74 hp and 30.63

Note: We broke 42 hp once out of three runs on the 160 jet but it laid down nearly identical 41.74 hp runs back to back. Not nearly the 48.94 hp that CT racing claims...

I cannot get the dyno chart to upload. I will keep working on that part.

knothead104
10-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
Yes common cause are air leak at joint of header to exhaust pipe and header to cylinder head at exhaust port. Also richen up the pilot jet

What's the best way to check for air leaks? Also I've read the outlaw 525 has 52 stock horsepower. Is this correct? It seems way faster than my buddies 450's that have 38-40 HP

big440dodge
05-30-2011, 04:27 PM
ok you said that the bike was running lean stock?? and ive heard of other bikes running lean from the factory so what sould a good 525 motor have in it as far as jets go????