PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a trashed frame?

xtremeatv
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Anybody out there have a trashed dual arm frame that i could buy from you? I dont want the whole frame just looking for someone with a frame and a sawzall that could cut me off a piece of the front end with the upper a arm mounts. Wanna try to get some extra DRR Arms i have to work on a single arm quad. I know i can probably fabricate my own but im lazy and would rather just weld the drr brackets to my mine.

mydirtkids
10-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Anybody out there have a trashed dual arm frame

I think you described most DRR's that have made it out of the showroom:D

I had a friend (bike builder) weld up a Polaris scrambler for a practice bike. Went well, he had about 8 hrs or so and got the geometry correct. The entire rear half of our 2010 frame is a mess. Been welded 9 or10 times now (really). I planned on buying a new frame for next season. How soon do you need it? The front half has held up so far except for the engine mounts (bent down pretty bad).

xtremeatv
10-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Im in no real hurry but sooner is better than later. Any idea what you might want for yours?

Logan #34's Dad
10-18-2010, 06:47 AM
I got what you need. I can cut off the front part of the frame and send it to you. You cover the shipping and its yours. PM me and i'll give you my phone number.

xtremeatv
02-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Looks like im gonna need another one of these. Gotta make it as a bolt on, no welded on arm mounts allowed.

Im thinking if i can get a complete front section of a drr with upper and lower arm mounts i can fabricate a bracket from the lower mounts to the uppers, weld the bracket to the upper bars, cut the welds on them and pull it out of the frame. If i do it right I could have a bolt on upper mount that bolts to the outsides of the lowers. A clamp of some sort on the upper mounts to the frame and i should have a single arm quad with bolt on duals.

If anyone has one let me know what you want for it.