PDA

View Full Version : Shock Help

woodsridn400
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I have some 450r dual rate shocks used, ive been riding on them for a couple rides since i got them but yesterday after riding they are supr SQUEAKY!!! Does this jsut mean they need rebuilt? Any info would be great thanks

NMills
10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Grab some aerosol spray lube... chain lube... or anything like that... spray the bushings... that might be all it is... dry rubber on metal... lube it and see if it's gone... bounce the machine a bit too... just because you spray it does not mean it's instantly fixed...

woodsridn400
10-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Ok sprayed them and bounced it no luck. Anything else or just need rebuilt?

01 400EXer
10-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Take the shock mounting bolts off and put a little never sieze on them and tighten them to spec. Hopefully that is all it is. My dad has a Rancher and the front end would squeak and I determined one day it was just the shock mounting bolt and did this and it has not sqeaked for a couple of years now. Prior to that WD would make it stop for a while but then it would return. Hope this helps.

f4iracer
10-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by NMills
Grab some aerosol spray lube... chain lube... or anything like that... spray the bushings... that might be all it is... dry rubber on metal... lube it and see if it's gone... bounce the machine a bit too... just because you spray it does not mean it's instantly fixed...

horrible idea!

use silicone spray.