PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. E Series Exhaust

11-30-2001, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking of getting a White Bothers E Series slip on exhaust for my 400EX. How loud is the WB compared to stock exhaust?

redrider ex
11-30-2001, 09:35 PM
I heard one the other day and it was'nt that much louder than stock. redrider ex:huh

11-30-2001, 09:55 PM
I have a white bros e-series on my 300ex
IT IS VERY LOUD
much much much loader then stock
stock puts out i think 85db's (loudness of sound)
white bros puts out 94-98 db's (loudness of sound)'
its really loud, but sounds nice.

11-30-2001, 09:58 PM
The "E" Series exhaust is great!!! You can adjust the pipe by adding and subtracting the discs. Adding all the discs makes it extremely loud, but reducing the amount of discs makes it quieter, but not as quiet as the stocker. It may sound easy to change the number of discs, depending on riding location, but I found it to be a bother removing the bolts, deciding the number of discs, and reapplying the bolts.

Hope this helped.

Warrioreater400ex
11-30-2001, 10:14 PM
i have a WB E-series on my 400, and yes it is loud as a pissed off beast. i had an fmf performax on my 300, if i had to buy pipes all over again id get an FMF powerbomb header with an FMF Powercore 4 Q tailpipe.... but im not that rich at the moment. but the wb is a great pipe!

kc 300EX
11-30-2001, 10:44 PM
theres 2 different kind of quiet core inserts for the E-series, one is made by WB, its 37 dollars from Dennis Kirk, I have that one, makes it considerably quieter, Dirt Wheels says around 92 db. Also there is a "Silent Sport"(I think?) packing material that you can put inside it(aswell as amny other exausts) that is also supposed to reduce noise

12-01-2001, 07:51 AM
The min. # of disks you should run is 6 i think
(i think)
im running 12 right now.
if i only keep 6 in, will it be quiter?
thanks

12-01-2001, 11:46 AM
On my 300ex, I used all the discs it came with. I Went out and counted them, it is either 12 or unlucky 13 disks. I have the E-Series Pro Meg with aluminum silencer.

To answer the question if you go down to 6 discs, will it be quieter? Yes, but you may notice a difference in performance. I never tried to minimize the number of disks, but those that have and I first hand heard, were much quieter.

Note: The more discs, the louder it gets. I don't think this was the design by White Brothers, I think it was designed to tune your performance.

Let us know if you go down to six discs what your findings are.

Good luck:)

12-01-2001, 11:55 AM
I went down to 6. it sounds a little quiter.
i'll know if i get the cops called on my or not
:D

clymerclan
03-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I recently purchased a used 300EX with the WB E-series exhaust. I pulled the end off along with the discs assuming I would be able to inspect the packing, but only could see the inside tubing. Is there indeed any maintenance (i.e. packing replacement) required with this exhaust? If so, what other steps are needed?

matthewb20
03-07-2008, 06:43 PM
i have the e series also, is it bad to take all the discs off

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by redrider ex
I heard one the other day and it was'nt that much louder than stock. redrider ex:huh WHAT? the person that you saw obviously only had approximately 4 discs on then because with all 12 of mine they claim it to be 99db.plus my e-series papers that came with my pipe state that with the minimum number of disc you should run is 4 and it would be just as quit and corked up as stock.

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by matthewb20
i have the e series also, is it bad to take all the discs off this is right from the e-series manual(question:can i run an open end cap?
answer:yes, but you may actually lose horse power and torque.You will also lose the ability to adjust powerband,sound levels and jetting.it will become less sensitive to changes.if you chose to run an open end cap,simply remove the blank disc.Be prepared for a dramatic increase in sound levels!)

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Matrix250R
The min. # of disks you should run is 6 i think
(i think)
im running 12 right now.
if i only keep 6 in, will it be quiter?
thanks again from the manual.....(question:what is the min/maximum number of E-series discs i can run?)
(answer:The minimum number of discs you should use is 4.Thiswill still be flowing the equivalent of a straight through one inch hole;normally still much more than an OEM system.The maximum number of discs depends on the diameter of the core.In most cases,this will be somewheres between 18-28.Its very important to remember that more discs doesn't necessarily mean more horsepower.All exhaust systems come with the recomended discs in cluded to address both performance and sound requirements.)

JOEX
03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Dang... this is an old thread:eek:

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 07:33 PM
JOEX ...wow i guess i would of told someone about 8 yrs ago lol.

kenheehn3
04-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I just bought an e-series for my 300ex, but i don't think that i am getting the jetting specs with it, is there any way I could get those else where or could anyone send me the specs that came with there 300ex e-series slip-on muffler.
thanks
~Kenny

dpizz450
04-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by kenheehn3
I just bought an e-series for my 300ex, but i don't think that i am getting the jetting specs with it, is there any way I could get those else where or could anyone send me the specs that came with there 300ex e-series slip-on muffler.
thanks
~Kenny

this is a really old thread but im only replying cause this post im answering is new.

try search button and or google. you will find all your answers between those two. i promise. its not hard. good luck

Ralphieg
04-06-2008, 10:01 PM
i have a question about this and google isn't helping me....

You know how the e-series comes with a plate in front of it?

I removed that before i rode it... does that help performance and make it louder? or what? i am currently running 6 disc because that is the ammount it came with and for all you ex riders... i just recently traded my ex for a yfz.. and it's like night and day..

spent 1500 in the ex over winter, still couldnt keep up with my buddy.. now we both got yfz's and it feels good not being n the back of the pack now