View Full Version : Blingstar dual sprocket guard problem...

SHIFTx450
10-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Just put it on last night, it is rubbing my swingarm. Not too bad, it does still move, but you hear metal to metal and can see the wear already after just pushing it around the garage. I tried to grind the swingarm slightly at the affected area, it kinda helped, but still rubs and squeals and I don't feel comfortable grinding my swingarm anymore.

Anyone else run into this problem??

Scro
10-16-2010, 09:04 AM
What kind of carrier are you using? I know the GTT guard doesn't work with some aftermarket carriers.

SHIFTx450
10-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Magnum Carrier. The guard is not a gtt product though. Is the gtt a similar piece? I haven't seen it..

Scro
10-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes, it's dual guard like you have. I would give them a call and make sure it will work with that carrier. The outside where adjustments are made, can be different thickness on different brand carriers.

SHIFTx450
10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
So if the meat is thinner, it will allow the guard to ride close to the swingarm as it is and rub?

SHIFTx450
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM
You know what else too? That would make perfect sense.. I am having a problem with my axle locknut too, like it's too f'n short.. By the time it's tight, it's only grabbing by like 4 threads. That would make sense if the carrier is a smaller/thinner unit. Roughly like 1/4 inch on each side. What is the overall length on a stock carrier? I can rule this out, or in if I have that information.