PDA

View Full Version : Frame Repair???

Les Davis
10-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey Pap, broke another frame last weekend. Wanted to see what your thoughts are on repairing it?

It's an '04 frame and broke in the curved section where the top rail meets the vertical rail just behind the upper motor mounts. It's the area where the kicker tucks in. Frame broke completely through. From what I can tell, the frame is solid in that section and not hollow. Not sure if it can be welded and a gusset kit added in that section. Any thoughts master of the powder gun?

If so, is this something you would be able to do? Also any thoughts on what a ball park cost might be?

Pappy
10-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Its one of those things I really need to see Les. If it can be fixed I dont think I will have any issues. Can you get it to Kevin in gaithersburg or at his house in carroll county? If so Roger can bring it to me. Ofcourse you are more then welcome to bring it, just trying to save ya some time and running

Les Davis
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
no problem Pappy. Probably gonna start tearing it down beginning of the week. Found some frames but there a little pricey so thinking about "plan B"..lol Will get it up to you soon. Probably drop it off so I can see your smiling face :devil: :blah:

Pappy
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Ill be here:p