PDA

View Full Version : gas tank cleaner? nedd to return

logant14
10-15-2010, 05:51 PM
i bought an aftermarket tank but it has a leak and the usps wont ship it if you can smell any fumes. i tried dish soap but the smell is still there. any suggestions? thanks!!!!

CJM
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Febreeze? Maybe throw in one of those little air freshener trees?

UPS and FedEx will ship it, gotta pay extra b/c its hazardous but they will ship.

MtnEX
10-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Try pouring a bottle of alcohol in it to rinse it out... then leave it open to evaporate out.

That might work.

3400ben
10-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Buy a plastic tub tote and ship it in that. You can seal the top with tape and put adress labels right to the outside of the tote.

brokenmike
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
run a hose from your exhaust pipe on your car so the exhaust fumes go in and come out. Start it up and let it fun for a while. Watch out it dont get too hot and melt. I have did this on alot of metal gas tanks that i had to weld on. The exhaust gasses get rid of the gas fumes

NMills
10-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I would think the company you are returning it to should be responsible for shipping... ask them how to send it back... they should know.. and if they are making you pay for shipping to return a defect tell them to just give you your money back..