PDA

View Full Version : air striker?

hartwill
10-15-2010, 12:33 AM
does anyone know what throttle cable i need to use a 38mm air striker? the guy i bought it from said that my oem cable and thumb throttle will work. but the cap on the a/s is different, i cant seem to get my old cable out of my old cap, and just eyeing it up it looks like the cable is too short any way. also will this carb fit in my oem boot to my air box? i got the cr boysen rad valve so that end isnt a problem. oh he also told me it was a 39mm but i just read that they didnt make a 39mm.

troybilt
10-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
does anyone know what throttle cable i need to use a 38mm air striker? the guy i bought it from said that my oem cable and thumb throttle will work. but the cap on the a/s is different, i cant seem to get my old cable out of my old cap, and just eyeing it up it looks like the cable is too short any way. also will this carb fit in my oem boot to my air box? i got the cr boysen rad valve so that end isnt a problem. oh he also told me it was a 39mm but i just read that they didnt make a 39mm.

I've heard if you heat up the rubber boot with a hair dryer or something so the rubber is pliable you can it get around the airbox side of the carb. Otherwise ESR sells a machined adaptor for them. I bought my carb from ESR and it came with the adaptor.

Motion pro sells the cable for the carb. Its around 15 bucks. I forget the part number but its easy to look up. You can modifiy the stock cable but I wouldn't recommend it. My 35 A/S cable was modified and looked "jerry-rigged"...

hartwill
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
i looked at the other site and alot of people already asked this question. they all seemed to say something about the 85 atc 250r throttle cable works. so thats what i ordered. hope its right.

methyman
10-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Motion Pro Cable part# 01-0604

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/search/by_motorcycle/all/1989/Honda/TRX250R/Cables_-_Special_App/

hartwill
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
anyone know which of the screw on this are the air screw and which is the idle screw? i dont want to take it back out it was hell stretching the boot. lol