PDA

View Full Version : need some help guys..

mineralgrey01gt
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
My brother and I been talking about me flattracking his 250r lately and today I took it out to get "used" to riding it again. Well i notice the throttle is rather tough to push on it. It has an airstryker carb, stock 250r thumb throttle but im not sure what cable it has. Its also a 330 ESR trx9 port with vforce reeds if that makes a difference with any of it. Also the clutch cable feels like its too short. Like it doesnt disengage right and everything is put together according to spec and such. Its also very tight to pull. Does it need a longer cable? We are trying to get this thing ready to go within the next few weeks so I can take it on its maiden voyage on the flattrack

mineralgrey01gt
10-18-2010, 10:24 AM
anyone?

sixer3
10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
you can try a different cable, however my first idea would be to pull the top of the carb off and remove the slide, clean it and inside the carb. sounds like there is some dust or sand in there , i use a tiny bit of motor oil on my slides before i re-assemble. i may get grief for this. TINY bit to free it up. even use a scotch brite if your slide is in real bad shape. sounds like that is the case

TLR-Online
10-18-2010, 10:49 AM
As for the stiff throttle...You can take the liittle spring out of the throttle housing, plus you can cut about a coil and a half off of the slide spring (in the carb).

I did this and it was a night/day difference. I think the tension was cut by 50%... I believe it was cutting the slide spring that helped the most.

mineralgrey01gt
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM
thanks ill have to try all this out