PDA

View Full Version : Aaron's TRX450R Fuel Injection Project

A A R O N
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, somebody might as well do it!

It's been probably 2 solid years since i frequented these forums but i've been very busy racing and building things so i haven't really gone anywhere.

What im starting out with is an absolute CHERRY 2005 Honda TRX450R kickstart.

Tentative plans include Fuel Injection with custom ECU and programming. This will be an MX build so i have something to play with on the track other than my XC quads. I'll be building the a-arms and i'll be using custom HLS shocks on the front with a stock rear rebuild.

Motor will be built by me with the help of a few knowledgable people to make it a rocket :D ...im expecting some SOLID numbers out of this bike.

Soooooo.....since im just getting started, i'll post up a few pics in the next couple days of the quad mostly torn down, ready for motor work and F.I. transplant.

This project is going to take several months due to school, work and preparation for the 2011 GNCC season taking up most of my time. As money and time allows, this project will be pieced together.

Any questions, comments, concerns, objections, recommendations....always welcome!

pics to come soon....

airmobile101
10-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Can't wait! Good stuff!:D

mx Eli
10-16-2010, 03:34 PM
nice to see somebody try this!!!!!!!

Sjorge450R
10-16-2010, 04:12 PM
its bout time someone tackles this project since Honda will never do it.

good luck, keep us updated

honda01400ex
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
awsome cant wait to see build!!

A A R O N
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Here's a few pics of the progress. It's going ver slow right now, but it's still progress of some sort i guess.

A A R O N
10-18-2010, 03:22 PM
It's hard to believe how clean this thing was!

curryd
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
It's hard to believe how clean this thing was!

Are you swapping motors or just modifying the original? Dirt Wheels had a fuel injected Banshee a couple of months ago. Don't remeber who did it, but the fabbed up their own fuel injection body. If you swap the motor, any chance of selling the original motor?

Baileygunns
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
That thing IS clean... Wow.

airmobile101
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Damn, the frame doesn't even have wear marks. lol

A A R O N
10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Slight change of plans. Motor is going to go back together with mild piston/cam/headwork just to get it running and ready for EFI transplant. Then later on down the road a slightly more violent powerplant will be built :o

....down to the piston for now...

Sjorge450R
11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
not trying to steal the thread, but how tight is the fit when taking the head off with the engine still in the frame? I always pull it to do work just because Its easier than bending over and trying to fit stuff inbetween tight clearances.

Scro
11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
not trying to steal the thread, but how tight is the fit when taking the head off with the engine still in the frame? I always pull it to do work just because Its easier than bending over and trying to fit stuff inbetween tight clearances.

It comes right off with no clearance issues. The only thing that can be a pain is getting the cam gear bolts off. You have to take one out, then spin the motor and take the other out because of the frame rail. Much easier than taking the whole motor out, especially if you have a lift to sit the quad on.