PDA

View Full Version : Gold colors? Paint or powder?

TJ Bradley
10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Im still trying to decide what colors i want to go with on my build. Im looking for a gold/bronze color for my upper a arms. I saw the color done on NEATV rider #44, Myles Santaniello's trx from the wallpaper section on Dec 2nd 2009. Im wandering if you could post some colors you have that are similar to that. Or do you think that was painted to get that effect? Thanks for your help.

Pappy
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I havent done a ton of gold colors, its not realy that popular unless its someone trying to match the stock 250R colors.

The golds I have used are all so close it did not seem like it was worth carrying a bunch of them:p

TJ Bradley
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Im not wanting to match the 250r colors. I think im looking for more of a transparent gold over a silver. i know its not popular thats why i want to do it. :cool:

Pappy
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Ive never done a trans gold so I cant comment on how it looks or how it will turn out LOL!

TJ Bradley
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Well theres a first time for everything. :D Im still welding the gussets in right now. But could you give me a rough estimate on what this trans gold would cost me? Since theres a base coat involved. If its gonna be too much trouble and expense maybe i need to just find another color. lol.

Pappy
10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Candy color frame and sub are $225

I will look into seeingw hat golds are available, in all honestly I havent needed any in a long time so maybe there is something new out there