PDA

View Full Version : Questions about WB quiet core and Uni filter

radchad3
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Hello everyone! I have a few questions regarding these items. First, here is my setup:

2001 400ex
WB E-series slip-on with 12 discs
K and N air filter
158 main jet
Rest is stock

I don't ride a ton but have started to want my quad to be a little quieter. I have the opportunity to buy a used quiet core insert for my WB. I have been thinking of adding the QC and going down to about 8 discs on it as well. Do you guys think this will help the sound? Will my performance lack significantly?

Also, I have decided to replace my K and N with a UNI for peace of mind as I ride in quite dusty conditions. Will the air flow be about the same as the K and N or a little less? Should I look to rejet to 155 or so given I am restricting things a bit with the UNI, less discs, and QC?

Thank you all for your input! Chad

Honda4life05
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
I would def swith over to the UNI, specially if your mostly in dusty/sandy conditions. But if your concered about sound, a quiet core would really help and putting your airbox on helps alot too. (i don't know if yours is on or not) If you have it jetted with the airbox lid on and leave it on i would say you should be alright with the same jetting because it wont make that much of a difference, but you will only know if you try though.

radchad3
10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the reply! I did forget to mention that I did have the airbox on.

radchad3
10-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Does anyone else have any opinions? Thanks in advance!