PDA

View Full Version : 87 250r fasteners/collars

bikernaz
10-14-2010, 12:53 AM
1st 250r....right now its dead(no spark) and missing fasteners/collars(washers)...does anybody know if someone aftermarket sells all the collars for the bolts...ie: fender tank etc...honda has discontinued...just trying to piece this together without butchering it...I only paid 300 for it...but it was a family deal....and i want this to be clean when im done...maybe someone parting out a bike that will be willing to get a set of bolts/collars together as a package?...thanks for your time

trx250racer
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
what do you mean by collars? where do they go?

i have enough oem bolts to put together 2 or 3 quads, so i may be able to help with that.

Robert

bikernaz
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Heres a parts breakdown on the fuel tank......its numbers 27 28 and 29....there are some on the front fender under the wheelwells where it bolts to frame....lol.....probably think im crazy..........but i dont want to have the bike look crappy with mis matched hardware....its pretty clean looking except where its been cannibalized for hardware...just bought all new rubber grommets/cushions for it....well what was new still in stock....and then some good used off ebay....hope to fire this thing up saturday on my next day off... i need to ride

bikernaz
10-14-2010, 01:56 PM
....and thanks for taking time to reply

trx250racer
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
ahhh very PARTicular i see!!! i have those collars or bushings. what bolts do you need?

bikernaz
10-14-2010, 03:14 PM
the ones for the front fenders....all the fuel tank mounting/fuel valve ones....im also missing exhaust pipe srings....a few lug nuts and my mind....lol...this bike came with spare aluminum front wheels....the stock gold wheels have a steel insert the lug nuts seat into...do i need special washers or lugnuts to mount the aluminum?....this may sound stupid but this is all new to me...ive had a few atvs......185s..110 even....and my last was a tecate 3 wheel...still have a 200x...but never did any mods/upgrades....not even a pipe...so im just not sure what fits/hits/replaces on these bikes...my cousin just knew that i said if i was gonna ride again it was gonna be on a 250r.....and so she and her husband sold me theirs...at a great price...its been sitting for a long time.but came with extra stock plastics..spare wheels/paddles etc...

10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Just look around, check a few suppliers, some are available new from Honda…all parts, nuts & bolts are available used, just check on eBay…

Carlos.