PDA

View Full Version : Grease all over

woodsridn400
10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
does anyone else have a problem with grease flying off their chain and getting all over everything? Or is there a bigger problem and its not my chain lube? Just recently i wash the bike and i get done riding and i have grease/lube on inside of airbox between the battery, all over the top of sub frame, caked on the case saver and all over the swing arm on that side. Anything else that would be leaking onto my chain and throwing it everywhere? never had this problem before and i cant say i really changed anything except new rear linkage and shock? but any advice or help be great

honda400ex2003
10-13-2010, 08:46 PM
imo you need to find a better chain lube to use. I like the maxima synthetic stuff in the black can and the honda hp in the red can but i havent used that for a while. one can will last a long time and i have never had any trouble with it getting all over. wd-40 and such will fly off and get all over. wd is great for doing most of the bearings and moving parts but on the chain it doesnt work very good imo. the actual chain stuff will stick great and not collect dirt and such on it. steve

IMSROLL450R
10-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree the maxima works great, almost like a wax....

Originally posted by honda400ex2003
imo you need to find a better chain lube to use. I like the maxima synthetic stuff in the black can and the honda hp in the red can but i havent used that for a while. one can will last a long time and i have never had any trouble with it getting all over. wd-40 and such will fly off and get all over. wd is great for doing most of the bearings and moving parts but on the chain it doesnt work very good imo. the actual chain stuff will stick great and not collect dirt and such on it. steve

atv fan 28
10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Try come NAPA brand chain and cable lube. I really love this stuff! It comes in a blue can.

honda400ex2003
10-13-2010, 08:59 PM
pep boys does everything for less. lol sorry bored and just saw the commercial for pep boys. lol steve

01 400EXer
10-14-2010, 07:25 AM
I use maxima chain lube and it does not fling. From time to time when I notice my chain getting a little sticky I then lube or put WD-40 on it to get the grime off. It will fling then and then I wipe with a rag to clean the chain works great and then I go back to the maxima chain lube. This has been a great method for me and has not caused any issues.

trailrider894
10-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Kalgard ClearÂ_ChainÂ_LubeÂ_doesn'tÂ_slingÂ_andÂ_isÂ_clear Â_toÂ_topÂ_itÂ_off.Â_NotÂ_likeÂ_thatÂ_peeÂ_colored Â_Bel-RayÂ_stuff.

Deluzioned
10-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Bel ray Super clean

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2007_Bel-Ray_Super_Clean_Chain_Lube_--.jpg

CJM
10-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Walmart carries champ brand chain lube, its nothing more than white lithium grease but it works well.

HondaRacing83
10-14-2010, 05:41 PM
i use maxima synthetic and love it

Deluzioned
10-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Walmart carries champ brand chain lube, its nothing more than white lithium grease but it works well.

Guess you didn't read his post....

CJM
10-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Deluzioned
Guess you didn't read his post....

Gee, I dunno everyone else suggested what kinda lube they use that works for them. Apparently you didnt want to join in on that and add your favorite chain lube. You instead adecided to pick apart my post. Do us all a favor and please only post if you have something nice and helpful to say.

Deluzioned
10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Gee, I dunno everyone else suggested what kinda lube they use that works for them. Apparently you didnt want to join in on that and add your favorite chain lube. You instead adecided to pick apart my post. Do us all a favor and please only post if you have something nice and helpful to say.

Now I see you haven't read any posts at all in this thread.

The OP asked what chain lubes he can use that WILL NOT SLING all over his bike. Champion lube is cheap junk that will coat everything around the swing arm with lithium grease. Believe me, I have a can that was used once and will now sit on my shelf until I die, unused.

Bel ray super clean is the best, no sling, chain lube. Period

bkb88
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
I have had no luck with Bel-Ray chain lube. The only lube I have found to not sling everywhere on my machine is Maxima Chain Wax. Also, Bel-ray is way overpriced IMO. Just throwin my $.02 in.

Deluzioned
10-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Did you use the super clean formula? It dries tacky in 15 minutes. After that there is 0 sling. It is pricey though, for sure.

CJM
10-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Deluzioned
Now I see you haven't read any posts at all in this thread.

The OP asked what chain lubes he can use that WILL NOT SLING all over his bike. Champion lube is cheap junk that will coat everything around the swing arm with lithium grease. Believe me, I have a can that was used once and will now sit on my shelf until I die, unused.

Bel ray super clean is the best, no sling, chain lube. Period

I dunno, works fine for me and all my friends who use it.

ETA: Lets try and fight nice eh?

slightlybent47
10-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I dunno, works fine for me and all my friends who use it.

ETA: Lets try and fight nice eh?

Pssssss!!!!!!
http://planetsmilies.net/obscene-smiley-1022.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)