View Full Version : cr intake boot

speedfreek
10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I need an intake to fit my 38mm carb and was wondering if there was a specific year or years cr250r that I needed to get.

I bought the ESR reeds and dangit, it needs an intake boot to work. I tried my stock intake but the rubber is hard as a rock and it won't fit on my carb.

86 Quad R
10-13-2010, 04:12 PM
have you looked into the UPP boots?

10-13-2010, 06:02 PM
If your OEM boot is new or like new, you can stretch it over the larger 38-39MM carbs by boiling in hot water and working the carb on…dip in cold water after wards.

Carlos.

speedfreek
10-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
have you looked into the UPP boots?
Yes but I didnt want to spend that much. I was going to buy one today but the ESR site was down.

Originally posted by acecarlos
If your OEM boot is new or like new, you can stretch it over the larger 38-39MM carbs by boiling in hot water and working the carb on…dip in cold water after wards.

Carlos. My boot is original(23yrs old) but I will try boiling it tomorrow. What have I got to lose? Thanks Carlos.

But what about the cr boot. There is one on ebay for $15. Its an 03, will it fit?

10-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Don’t know how far you can stretch a 25 year dried out boot, new or like new OEM boots stretch just fine when boiled…

Might be time to break down and buy a new OEM boot.

Carlos.

speedfreek
10-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Well I boiled my old boot and got it to fit on my carb. Yea! BUT the angle SUCKS. There is NO WAY that the airbox eliminator kit will fit. I ground on the frame this little thin piece but it didnt help, so it looks like I'm going to have to buy the UPP boot or the CR one.

The ESR block bolt holes need to be a little bit larger because I had to kinda force the bolts to get them started. And had to use a ratchet to snug them down. You should be able to run them up snug with your fingers. Needless to say, I got kinda pissed today installing this. Or should I say ATTEMPTING to install it!

As much as it costs it should be made like the Rad Valve with the intake tube.

matt250r21
10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Get a 95-96 CR250 carb boot, it has the best angle of all the model year CR boots.

atv fan 28
10-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I just installed my CR intake boot from ESR today. It fit the eliminator kit ALOT better than my stock intake boot did. It angled the carb more towards the side frame rail, rather than up towards the top rail and shock brace.

When i talked with the guy at ESR, he recommended the CR over the UPP.