PDA

View Full Version : Jason Luburgh Arrested, Faces 20 years in Prison

becci4
10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x2074148374/Scope-of-drug-conspiracy-grows?r=p

This dont seem to good!

Quad18star
10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
That's crazy ... but then again , that's what you get for aiding in the dealing of drugs.

Dan_Guetter
10-13-2010, 12:46 PM
800 pounds of weed isn't a big deal....................... . . . . ............

honda250xrider
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Very doubtful that he receives the maximum sentence. More than likely a year in jail and some other odds and ends.

On another note some things don't add up such as it stated he received $1,800 for each shipment, and they are stating each shipment contained roughly 800lbs. Well if he was smart he would be receiving much more than just $1,800 for letting them use the garage. Considering on net average a lb of marijuana will net roughly $600-$1,000.

To put this in other terms the marijuana was roughly in the price range of $480,000-$800,000 per shipment and he was only receiving $1,800. Seems that these figures do not add up.

He was seeing .2% - .3% of the gross profit. If all this is true then he should perhaps take up some business classes.

rollie
10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Guess he wanted to stay on team green

tyyllleeeerrrrr
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Guess he wanted to stay on team green

BAHAHAHHHAH!

SRH
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
Very doubtful that he receives the maximum sentence. More than likely a year in jail and some other odds and ends.

On another note some things don't add up such as it stated he received $1,800 for each shipment, and they are stating each shipment contained roughly 800lbs. Well if he was smart he would be receiving much more than just $1,800 for letting them use the garage. Considering on net average a lb of marijuana will net roughly $600-$1,000.

To put this in other terms the marijuana was roughly in the price range of $480,000-$800,000 per shipment and he was only receiving $1,800. Seems that these figures do not add up.

He was seeing .2% - .3% of the gross profit. If all this is true then he should perhaps take up some business classes.

i see u got a trucking company muhahaha

yeah 1800 doesnt seem like **** , there has to be more to it , the amount of weight he was dealing with and holding ud think ud want to pay the guy watching it more

honda400ex2003
10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Dan_Guetter
800 pounds of weed isn't a big deal....................... . . . . ............

4800 like stated is though :blah: :blah: :blah: steve

redrocker
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
What a dumb *****

JR3
10-13-2010, 04:47 PM
i respect his gangster:bandit:

becci4
10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
If you do a little google search you can find out that they had it coming from mexico thru arizona. Prices are low probably cuz its mexican swag weed lol:uhoh:

JR3
10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by becci4
If you do a little google search you can find out that they had it coming from mexico thru arizona. Prices are low probably cuz its mexican swag weed lol:uhoh:

haha thats funny he could of at least gotten caught pushing some banger

CADWELL
10-13-2010, 05:39 PM
What's funny is a while back someone on this forum started a topic about "What happened to Jason Luburgh" or something to that effect lol. He claimed he was a big fan and wanted to get in contact with him.

JJs450r
10-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by CADWELL
What's funny is a while back someone on this forum started a topic about "What happened to Jason Luburgh" or something to that effect lol. He claimed he was a big fan and wanted to get in contact with him.

lmao i was just thinking that

sly400ex
10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Legalize it!:bandit:

jherbie28
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
stupid ***

10-13-2010, 08:20 PM
not surprised. he was smoking 90% of the time. rolling to races with a baked out rig.

madskrillz2
10-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom
not surprised. he was smoking 90% of the time. rolling to races with a baked out rig.

Always heard that too. Not surprised here either.

mx8
10-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Most people that get everything given to them there whole life, end up in some kind of trouble like this. It's not like he needed the money. So why risk giving up something good, for something like this. Maybe this will make him get his head out of his ***, and see what he has.

One_Bad_400
10-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom

happens more then you thing.............:chinese:

yam450_53
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
I bet that family garage smelled good with 4800 pounds stacked in there

miller821
10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Just when you think you've found a stable dealer....

Back to Craigslist to find another.

400grl
10-14-2010, 12:54 PM
No surprise here at all - he was in AZ a number of years ago with some of his other Pro racer buddies at the time - he rolled up the door to his box van and came out with a couple of friends and you could totally smell the weed in there......I was pretty disappointed that some of the racers I respected at that time were pot-heads.

muddy400EX
10-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Legalize it!:bandit:

i honestly think they should. if they made it legal and made the same rules as alcohol it would be better i think

it would put weed dealers out of business, if you could buy a joint at a gas station, who would wanna deal with there sketchy weed seller.

just make it 21 to buy, driving high is illegal, going to work high is illegal etc

people think that everyone would just be high all the time, but i really dont think they would. pot heads would still be pot heads. people with brains that like weed wouldnt be going to work blazed outta there mind, cuz they dont wanna get fired

and they would make ALOT of money off it!

300ex_#387
10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i honestly think they should. if they made it legal and made the same rules as alcohol it would be better i think

it would put weed dealers out of business, if you could buy a joint at a gas station, who would wanna deal with there sketchy weed seller.

just make it 21 to buy, driving high is illegal, going to work high is illegal etc

people think that everyone would just be high all the time, but i really dont think they would. pot heads would still be pot heads. people with brains that like weed wouldnt be going to work blazed outta there mind, cuz they dont wanna get fired

and they would make ALOT of money off it!

And they could tax it! Its a win win situation.

eastside 400
10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
i know pot is illegal but is it really that bad? you would probably be surprised how many people you talk to do it regularly and you usually dont even know

becci4
10-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Prop 19 is all about making it legal here in California. If it passes I think it really would be good for the state cuz it will bring in lots of money. Theres a lot more closet smokers then people really think.

How bad is pot really when compared to alcohol or cancer sticks?
Just think about it. Is it really that bad? Its just a plant.(that some like to smoke lol)

Also he's lucky thats all it really was cuz it could have been coke or meth some kind of stupid ***** like that. Now thats some trouble and just stupid!

440racer66
10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by JR3
i respect his gangster:bandit:

x2 and they should legalize it. but it really doesnt make me feel less of a pro if he smokes pot. its less harmful than alcohol.

madskrillz2
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
No surprise here at all - he was in AZ a number of years ago with some of his other Pro racer buddies at the time - he rolled up the door to his box van and came out with a couple of friends and you could totally smell the weed in there......I was pretty disappointed that some of the racers I respected at that time were pot-heads.

You'd be surprised how many of them do. But like a few of you guys, I don't see the problem with it. The reason it gets such a bad rep is because the people that sell it usually sell everything else you can think of too. To be perfectly honest I used to be a huge stoner but drug testing for jobs put an end to that.

OutlawEX
10-14-2010, 05:34 PM
So glad he dont race anymore after this. Huge disappointment to the sport and would make us look shunned even more. its hard enough getting accepted at the tracks as a quad as it is

blacknblue#2
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
So glad he dont race anymore after this. Huge disappointment to the sport and would make us look shunned even more. its hard enough getting accepted at the tracks as a quad as it is

im not taking up for what he done but you cant say smokin pot makes quad riders look bad. Im sure quite a few bike guys enjoy the buzz too. I know a few around here that claim pot is why they are as fast as they are. Dont think about the possible outcome of what may happen if they case their next 100ft jump. I have never touched the stuff but have never looked down on someone that did. its natural. Now prescription drugs and meth.............anyone that does that stuff gets my cold shoulder

yam450_53
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM

Are you really that naive? Sure, only quad riders smoke weed... only takes a few week-ends hanging out at the races to see that a lot of racers smoke some ganja in their rig between motos, and not only at amateur levels. I don't endorse it but to be honest I'd feel a lot more worried if they played flip cup or beer pong between two heat races.

muddy400EX
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by yam450_53
Are you really that naive? Sure, only quad riders smoke weed... only takes a few week-ends hanging out at the races to see that a lot of racers smoke some ganja in their rig between motos, and not only at amateur levels. I don't endorse it but to be honest I'd feel a lot more worried if they played flip cup or beer pong between two heat races.

haha now that would be interesting

they walk out of the trailer stumblin side to side

gate drops and they just fall off there bike,lol

88redrocket
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
God made pot, man made beer....who do you trust???:devil:

SRH
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM

come on now, id say more motocross guys smoke weed than dont smoke weed, and ontop of that, it shows how popular our sport is, they didnt even mention pro atv racer, washed up dirtbike guys rob a bank and its former pro motocross racer

OutlawEX
10-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I am just saying we are already under a magnify glass as it is. He is one of the 30 pro"s we have had in ATV pro history we hear about to date even tho he dont race. We hear of 30 retired dirtbike pro's in a month watching supercross and motocross . He was one of the very few that are a ATV figure we have. Oh believe me I know about pot at the track. My point was that I was glad he was not racing anymore and was caught. Very glad. So many kids looked up to him . Hopefully a few prison showers will wake him up and get his crap together. It wasnt for the money why he was doing it. He was doing it because he has an illness and a drug addict. Money flows thick in the Luburgh company.

madskrillz2
10-15-2010, 01:08 AM
I am just saying we are already under a magnify glass as it is. He is one of the 30 pro"s we have had in ATV pro history we hear about to date even tho he dont race. We hear of 30 retired dirtbike pro's in a month watching supercross and motocross . He was one of the very few that are a ATV figure we have. Oh believe me I know about pot at the track. My point was that I was glad he was not racing anymore and was caught. Very glad. So many kids looked up to him . Hopefully a few prison showers will wake him up and get his crap together. It wasnt for the money why he was doing it. He was doing it because he has an illness and a drug addict. Money flows thick in the Luburgh company.

Drug addict? Really? Hope you're not insinuating he was addicted to pot

trick450r
10-15-2010, 07:35 AM

what exactly do you mean by he has an illness and is a drug addict? You do realize that it has been well documented since the 70's that THC is infact less addictive than caffiene? to be honest with you guys i'd rather see a pro racer walk out of his trailer with a smoke haze following him than with a red bull in one hand and a five hour energy in the other....

OutlawBill
10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Prop 19 is all about making it legal here in California. If it passes I think it really would be good for the state cuz it will bring in lots of money. Theres a lot more closet smokers then people really think.

How bad is pot really when compared to alcohol or cancer sticks?
Just think about it. Is it really that bad? Its just a plant.(that some like to smoke lol)

Also he's lucky thats all it really was cuz it could have been coke or meth some kind of stupid ***** like that. Now thats some trouble and just stupid!

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm

becci4
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm

What are you trying to say with this. Its not even up to date its from 84. Its 2010.

400grl
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
what exactly do you mean by he has an illness and is a drug addict? You do realize that it has been well documented since the 70's that THC is infact less addictive than caffiene? to be honest with you guys i'd rather see a pro racer walk out of his trailer with a smoke haze following him than with a red bull in one hand and a five hour energy in the other....

Seriously?? Wow....I don't even know what to say to that.

I'm sorry, but if I'm sharing a race track with someone, and my very life may depend on whether or not the person racing next to me or behind me is thinking clearly, I would have a HUGE problem knowing they were doped up before they hit the track. Same thing if I knew someone was drunk and riding......it's a difficult enough sport to not get hurt in - to be out there with people who are either stoned or drunk is sheer stupidity. It has nothing to do with if it's addicting - it has everything to do with how it affects your attention and mental awareness - and I happen to know smoking weed definitely impacts both.

For any racer - and a PRO racer at that - to race like that is the epitomy of irresponsibility.

becci4
10-15-2010, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400grl

I'm sorry, but if I'm sharing a race track with someone, and my very life may depend on whether or not the person racing next to me or behind me is thinking clearly, I would have a HUGE problem knowing they were doped up before they hit the track. Same thing if I knew someone was drunk and riding......it's a difficult enough sport to not get hurt in - to be out there with people who are either stoned or drunk is sheer stupidity. It has nothing to do with if it's addicting - it has everything to do with how it affects your attention and mental awareness - and I happen to know smoking weed definitely impacts both.

For any racer - and a PRO racer at that - to race like that is the epitomy of irresponsibility. [/QUOTE

I agree. I dont look down on smokers but if you do it be responsible with what your doing.

440racer66
10-15-2010, 09:55 AM

For any racer - and a PRO racer at that - to race like that is the epitomy of irresponsibility.

i would rather have someone high next to me than drunk though.

400grl
10-15-2010, 09:59 AM
I'll take neither one, thanks. What the hell is wrong with just racing with a clear head? Pot-head or not, just don't smoke up that day......if you can't NOT smoke up, then you have a problem.

muddy400EX
10-15-2010, 10:24 AM

I don't even see how they CAN ride high. I would just sit there staring at my handlebars,haha

protraxrptr17
10-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Damn potheads. Think they can do everything better when they're high. GMFB.

becci4
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Damn potheads. Think they can do everything better when they're high. GMFB.

Haha whats funny is I know some farmers that work really well stoned lol

quadrcr161
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
how do you know he was riding/racing while baked?

FHKracingZ
10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Haha half the pro class smokes weed and everybody is suprised. Open your eyes people, this is 2010. There is a ton more things worse than weed.

yam450_53
10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
I don't even see how they CAN ride high. I would just sit there staring at my handlebars,haha

hahaaha

SRH
10-15-2010, 12:00 PM
its like twitch said he use to ride high and thought he was awesome, but only because he was high and didnt realize it til he stopped smoking

jjames/jlawson
10-15-2010, 12:13 PM
I think you better re-track that statement......NOT.... 1/2 of the pro class smokes pot...........NoWay would they be able to be on top of there game........I think this thread has gotten off the topic of this thread.........So STOP talking the "crap"....

watts16
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
You'd be surprised how many of them do. But like a few of you guys, I don't see the problem with it. The reason it gets such a bad rep is because the people that sell it usually sell everything else you can think of too. To be perfectly honest I used to be a huge stoner but drug testing for jobs put an end to that.
Exactly .. if you want a good job with good pay and benifits you gotta be clean. Or have clean pee on you:chinese:

88redrocket
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Haha half the pro class smokes weed and everybody is suprised. Open your eyes people, this is 2010. There is a ton more things worse than weed.

x2

416exfreak
10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Haha whats funny is I know some farmers that work really well stoned lol

You ever tried farmin' not high? Its borin' as sh*t.. :devil:

becci4
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
You ever tried farmin' not high? Its borin' as sh*t.. :devil:

Haha I kno what you mean bro. We are harvesting rice right now

JR3
10-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

x3

FHKracingZ
10-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jjames/jlawson
I think you better re-track that statement......NOT.... 1/2 of the pro class smokes pot...........NoWay would they be able to be on top of there game........I think this thread has gotten off the topic of this thread.........So STOP talking the "crap"....

Ok jackie maybe not half but I have seen quiet a few of them do it. Not naming names at all, just making a true statement.

SRH
10-15-2010, 04:17 PM
i ordered a swingarm from walsh one time and i opened the box no swingarm, but there was a huge *** bong

jjames/jlawson
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Are you guys " idiots " on here ? Do you not know that there are young kids that look at these postings ?
How is this sport going to go anywhere, talking this BS. This is all we need.....WAKE up.........keep your "bad, nasty" comments to your self.

250ex_dan
10-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i ordered a swingarm from walsh one time and i opened the box no swingarm, but there was a huge *** bong
for reals..?
hahahthats funny!!!
did you get a refund?

Pappy
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Sucks for him...stupid doesnt pay:ermm:

I dont puff the cheeb, but my take on it is this....

They allow cigarettes/cigars but not Mary J. Granted the effects are different between the two they all grow naturally and other then drying need ZERO from man to be used.

Cant say that about alcohol/whiskey and such.

I am still on the fence about making it legal but cant really argue against it. Make it legal and let out the ones doing time for IT only....might save us a boat load of cash, free up some space for more criminals and if they tax it then there is more income through the tax base of users.

icecreammaker
10-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by jjames/jlawson
Are you guys " idiots " on here ? Do you not know that there are young kids that look at these postings ?
How is this sport going to go anywhere, talking this BS. This is all we need.....WAKE up.........keep your "bad, nasty" comments to your self.

that was probably the smartest thing stated so far

250ex_dan
10-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by icecreammaker
that was probably the smartest thing stated so far
true..
lets stay on topic please.

lem dad
10-15-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree lets not lead all younger riders to think you have to get stoned to ride Keep in mind what Jason did was stupid

250ex_dan
10-15-2010, 06:15 PM
thank you for helping this cause of not talk ADULT words around here and about smoking...
this is off topic but many teens go into high school scared and end up smoking so they fit in,if seen many people like this drop out and even become criminals to hold their druig addiction thanks to their GATE WAY drug.thats sad this happens but lets try and not talk about this matter.
thanks

3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.

SRH
10-15-2010, 07:23 PM
i dont smoke , drink or any of that, not tooting my horn but it seems as tho someone with no desire will not get involved in that lifestyle regardless, its all about parenting, not what other ppl do

i dont think the fact that some ppl smoke and race professionally will impact the growth of the sport, i bet u 90% of ppl in this country have at one time or still do smoke pot on a regular basis , its not as bad or dangerous as drinking, the govt just doesnt want something u can grow in ur backyard cutting into the money them and the insurance companies are making , its all about business and the dollar

what jason did was dumb only because it was illegal and he was bound to get caught , the risk was bigger than the reward, marijuana is a plant..big deal doesnt make him a bad guy, just poor judgement, ppl who abuse pot have it blue printed into there brain from birth

making weed seem less criminal wont make more ppl abuse it....
ive turned down medicine prescribed to me because the negative effects outweigh what it will do for me, i would make and have made the same decision about marijuna

i can respect jasons gangster i suppose , just not his intelligence or choices, but i dont view him or the sport differently.

but i think he topped ron lechien

SRH
10-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Sucks for him...stupid doesnt pay:ermm:

I dont puff the cheeb, but my take on it is this....

They allow cigarettes/cigars but not Mary J. Granted the effects are different between the two they all grow naturally and other then drying need ZERO from man to be used.

Cant say that about alcohol/whiskey and such.

I am still on the fence about making it legal but cant really argue against it. Make it legal and let out the ones doing time for IT only....might save us a boat load of cash, free up some space for more criminals and if they tax it then there is more income through the tax base of users.

i think were pretty much on the same page ken, but i wonder how much revenue it would generate, if you could grow in your backyard like a tomato plant

i feel like jasons case is a bit diff, a small time weed dealer , why waste prison space, but working for a cartel is actually criminal and whatever has made him desperate is bound to push him into seeking some more fast cash, 3 -5 yrs may be what he needs to get his life on track

FHKracingZ
10-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I for one am not the kinda person that is gonna be blind to the truth and hide the truth from people. Thats how I was raised. If kids are old enough to get on this forum and read this they know what weed is. Thats the truth

Pappy
10-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Billy, the grow your own is probably the #1 reason they dont legalize it. I geuss they could enforce laws against growing it, but I doubt they would.

Ive always said, follow the money to the majority of your answers:p

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't smoke it but have before like most people and I'm 100% for it being made legal. People don't even realise why weed became illegal. It was over making paper that made it become the word illegal because it did better than wood. The reason people think it's so bad is because it's the word "illegal" but the same people will preach about weed being so bad while they have a beer in there hand which alcohol is a drug and one of the top most damaging drugs you can do being right up there with meth litteraly while no one ever died from weed and people do every day from alcohol and even tylenol. Also you can not get a physical addiction to weed like you can alcohol. If you do weed every day and then have to stop it all of a sudden like say you went to jail well you would crave it wanting the feeling but that's it. You drink alcohol every day and then have to stop all of a sudden you can flat out die! And compare a stoned person to a wasted person. Stoned dude is fine just slow, hungry, and thinking stupid crap is funny. Now the drunk guy. Cant walk, cant see, wants to fight and argue and more.
Then the weed vs tobacco as in smoking. Both are bad. Both affect the brain. Weed reduces anxiety. But so does smoking a cigarette that's why people smoke like a chimney when in a group conversation and what not. A joint vs a cigarette, one joint is bad as smoking 5 cigarettes. But then there is the vaporizer. It heats the weed up hot enough to realise the THC into a bag but not hot enough to burn it giving no down side what so ever to it. There is the weed kills brain cells and memory saying but its still a big myth never proven. Memory being bad while on it is proven but after its out of you is not. If you vaporize it or eat it there is no down side to it other than good helping to treat almost all conditions.

250ex_dan
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
you have facts,props,but the thing is that we can't be talking about this type of things on here.
kids get on here to get answers,and sometimes learn stuff that they aren't supposed to even thinkabout like drugs.
im sorry if what i said made someone mad,but we should grow up a little and not talk about this stuff like we have a doctors degree in this subject.
Again im sorry if i made someone mad,my apologies,if i said something dumb,well im sorry too but i want to get my point across

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Imo most adults dont know enough about weed and other drugs which most others are bad. Forums like this are 13+ and they teach drugs in school to kids this age theres no reason not to learn here to.

250ex_dan
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
thats true,BUT i think that they should be informed of the facts and not random people(no offense) saying taht they don't have a concequence. They should be able to learn the clear truth,so then later they don't go and try the drug because it simply makes you feel good and stuff.If they are going to do to it,let them have the facts in front before they do it.
that just my opinion....

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, but don't think any one in this thread is going to start or stop weed over this thread lol.

250ex_dan
10-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
Yeah, but don't think any one in this thread is going to start or stop weed over this thread lol.
true
lets move on then:)LOL

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Billy, the grow your own is probably the #1 reason they dont legalize it. I geuss they could enforce laws against growing it, but I doubt they would.

Ive always said, follow the money to the majority of your answers:p

Well the people who are prescribed to it can grow it, but are limited to a number of plants. Ha but if it was legalized to use every one would be growing it haha. Not even 2 weeks ago 7 miles away from my house weed was found growing in the ditches. And then not far from there some dope head ripped out an area of corn in a field and had weed growing there but before the dope heads could come grab there plants the owner of the land found it combining the corn. Big circle of corn gone with weed growing lol.

TWISTED
10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Well the people who are prescribed to it can grow it, but are limited to a number of plants. Ha but if it was legalized to use every one would be growing it haha

Speak for yourself.... I think anybody that goes out on a track with others with that crap or any other substance that hampers and impairs their judgment should have the S##T kicked out of them.............

Pappy
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Speak for yourself.... I think anybody that goes out on a track with others with that crap or any other substance that hampers and impairs their judgment should have the S##T kicked out of them.............

+1

honda400ex2003
10-15-2010, 09:53 PM
x3 it is sad to see where this thread has gone off to. it is even worse that so many people want it legalized...

speechless,

steve

TWISTED
10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
It's one thing to do it in the privacy of your own home, which I still don't condone, but when you do it and participate in an activity such as a this, that's plain stupid............ Would you want somebody high or drunk out there jumping on your kids?????

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 10:06 PM

Well on the track is another thing I wasn't talking about that. But high on weed racing I cant see any one performing good at less there's a damn burger king meal at the finish line.

Quad18star
10-16-2010, 12:14 AM
You do the crime , you do the time.

It's an offense to sell it or aid in distributing it. He knew what he was doing and he was getting paid to do it. Helping to store it and distribute it, is no better than the guy on the street corner selling it. Until it is LEGAL , it remains ILLEGAL and is a punisheable offense. Simple as that. Argue til you're blue in the face ... it's still ILLEGAL by LAW .... and the LAW always WINS.

SpasticR450
10-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Good people do bad things. Realy what he did was not all that bad it hurt no one. Bet you he gets 5 years probation.

And im going to laph my *** off when I end up right lol.

madskrillz2
10-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
x3 it is sad to see where this thread has gone off to. it is even worse that so many people want it legalized...

speechless,

steve

All I gotta say is wah wah wah to everybody condoning it. When's the last time someone got "high" and went on a rampage and killed anybody? Exactly, never. I understand it could be argued all day but you can't sit here and tell me it's worse than alcohol.

SpasticR450
10-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
All I gotta say is wah wah wah to everybody condoning it. When's the last time someone got "high" and went on a rampage and killed anybody? Exactly, never. I understand it could be argued all day but you can't sit here and tell me it's worse than alcohol.

Im not sure if what you said is for or against marijuana. Well most stoners would rather eat a bunch of mac n cheese than kill some one lol.

Warnerade
10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by 250ex_dan
thank you for helping this cause of not talk ADULT words around here and about smoking...
this is off topic but many teens go into high school scared and end up smoking so they fit in,if seen many people like this drop out and even become criminals to hold their druig addiction thanks to their GATE WAY drug.thats sad this happens but lets try and not talk about this matter.
thanks

3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames. really? I was surprised it took someone that long to mention the "gate way" drug...I forget the comedians name, but he referred to as milk for being the "gate way fluid"

Weed is not a gateway to anything, sure, its usually the first drug someone does...they may or may not end up doing the hard stuff...What if someone has never smoked before, got hurt really bad...got admitted to a hospital, had surgery, and in the middle of the night the nurse gives him an extra dose of morphine because he cant sleep? Happened to me, it didnt put me to sleep, just made me high as crap...I enjoyed it, and if I didnt know any better I'd be on pain killers like it was my job.

Do not use that gateway drug bs that D.A.R.E uses as a propaganda to scare 8 year olds. Anything can be a gateway to anything.

honda250xrider
10-16-2010, 08:56 AM
My problem comes from when they want to sentence him and it is my tax money that will put him in jail and keep him there.

Just to give you some figures, in 2008 there was roughly 754,224 individuals arrested for marijuana, The total number of marijuana arrests represents 6% of all arrests made in the United States and has an estimated cost of local and state governments of 10.3 billion a year. This number is from the incarceration of the inmates, prosecution, arrest, treatment, and probation of the individuals who were convicted of the crime.

The united States houses more inmates then any other country in the world at around 2.2 million.

There is aprox 10-24 metric tons of marijuana available annually within the united states. estimating this puts the gdp of marijuana at 35.8 billion. Larger than corn and wheat production value.

Currently there are 269,420 patients who are qualified to smoke medical marijuana legally within the registered states. Studies have represented the total number of the population who has tried marijuana to be upwards of 69 million individuals- this is a low value as some reports much higher.

The ultimate question to be asked is would legalization of marijuana increase the usage? According to Jeffrey A. Miron; who explained that the demand would not change as long as the price stayed consistent with the current price. With the demand relative to the price; it would depend on how much the marijuana would be sold for, as the inelasticity for marijuana is estimated to be -.5, -1.0. He also stated that the increase in demand would come from casual users but would tend to be offset by the forbidden fruit effect from prohibition. Miron is a visiting professor of economics at Harvard University

:meaning if the government controlled the supply and price; they could theoretically control the demand.

I have did several studies and reports on this topic. and all i have to say is do what you will. I will say in years to come many states will turn to legalizing marijuana and have a restriction on the use.

It is estimated that California could get around 105 million a year in tax revenue for marijuana.

just a bit more info.

subsidies
In 2005 there was 25 billion dollars spent annually to farmers who grew commodity crops. The majority of the crops that are eligible to receive subsidies if grown are corn, wheat, cotton, soybeans, and rice.

Tobacco closely resembles marijuana in growing qualities. Marijuana and tobacco are both a fast growing and hardy plant, which can survive in diverse conditions. The average cost of production and sale of a lb of tobacco is $1.74 in 1999. The federal tax on a pack of cigarettes is $1.01 per pack and the average state tax is $1.45 per pack. In 2007 the state’s collected more than $19 billion in revenue from cigarettes while the federal government received 7 billion in tax revenue in 2007

Think of the effects of allowing farmers to plant marijuana.

The moral of my post is, its silly to put a non violent drug offender in jail, This country is already in dept and putting jason in jail only adds to the problem. You cannot eradicate all the marijuana grown. I do not support smoking marijuana nor do I condone it but i do have a opinion on how it effects where my money is being spent.

madskrillz2
10-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Im not sure if what you said is for or against marijuana. Well most stoners would rather eat a bunch of mac n cheese than kill some one lol.

Haha exactly. That's my point. Nobody gets that "liquid courage" feeling you get from alcohol to do somethin stupid.

88redrocket
10-16-2010, 12:01 PM
The only thing Ive ever seen marijuana hurt is the cookie jar :p

SpasticR450
10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
I didn't read what honda250xrider said other than the first part but just to correct the paying tax money for them to be in jail thing is not true. Jails charge $11 to over $30 per day that you are in jail that the inmate has to pay out of his pocket not the tax payers at less you are in jail but if not sentenced then it's tax money paying for you to be there till sentenced. It's prison that your tax money is being used for.

Yeah and the gate way thing. Your never more than a few houses away from some one that has weed and that's why most people the first drug they do is weed because its every where. If they smoke crack after it's not because they smoked weed it's because weed was easier to find. And then there are them people thinking weed makes people into lazy losers. Them people are lazy losers that smoke weed not lazy losers because they smoke it.

honda250xrider
10-16-2010, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SpasticR450
[B]I didn't read what honda250xrider said other than the first part but just to correct the paying tax money for them to be in jail thing is not true. Jails charge $11 to over $30 per day that you are in jail that the inmate has to pay out of his pocket not the tax payers at less you are in jail not sentanced then it's tax money paying for you to be there till sentanced. It's prison that your tax money is being used for.

Your right, I could have worded it better. What we pay for is to have all the administration/ inmate health-care which is unnecessary if there was a reduction in the amount of inmates. So in turn we do pay for the inmates being in jail.

More inmates= more administration/health-care costs
less inmates= less administration/health-care costs see my drift.

rep863
10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
It really does not matter what anyone’s personal beliefs on marijuana are - it is illegal. Outside of a few states that have legalized it for medicinal purposes, and what Jason did was not for medicinal purposes. Although he may have played a small role in this conspiracy, he played a role. People can also debate marijuana being a gateway drug if they wish, but what drug conspiracies are, are actions by others that lead to addiction. Murder and other crimes are also a part of drug conspiracies, due to greed and addiction. You talk to any meth, crack, or heroin addict and they will tell you the first drug they used was marijuana.

Jason is not going to get 20 years. If this is his first offense, he will probably benefit from several federal sentencing guideline applications, such as a role reduction, and will probably be eligible for probation or a short imprisonment term. The next several months, as he goes through this process, it will be difficult on him and his loved ones. I hope he has learned a lesson from his actions. As far as who pays the costs for federal imprisonment - that would be tax payers. Federal inmates do not pay towards their incarceration. They may be assessed a fine, which will go towards the costs of prosecution, etc, but assessment of a fine is up to the Court.

SpasticR450
10-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Most of what you said is wrong. But will mention that Federal prison is much better than normal prison. The living conditions are much better and the gaurds treat you like a human.

extremeblastr
10-16-2010, 05:27 PM
flat out plain and simple english for all of those with your brainwashed heads where the sun don't shine, marijuana is far less harmful then many other things that you can go and buy at your grocery store. those using the "gateway drug" term should clamp their mouths nice and tight also the reason 99.99% of drug addicts say the first drug they used is marijuana is simply because it is the most easily obtainable illegal substance. the kid sitting next to you in history in 7th grade was probably selling and crack, meth and other such things were unheard of. legalizing marijuana will not harm the population in any way because the people who will be doing it are doing it now there 100,000x more postive points to legalization then to continue with things the way they are now. as for smoking and racing i can see where this would upset a lot of people but at the same time this is coming from those who have no real experience with smoking, smoking does not affect your ability to focus and pay attention to whats going on in the way you were told or think it does in truth most people feel a certain clarity and are able to focus on the one thing they are trying to do without their mind going off in 9794327509759432759 different directions and creating dangerous distractions. the arguement that it is unsafe stems simply from the fact that it is illegal, it will not make anyone a better rider but it certainly does not make them a more dangerous rider by any means.

rep863
10-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Most of what you said is wrong. But will mention that Federal prison is much better than normal prison. The living conditions are much better and the gaurds treat you like a human.

Everything I said is correct, considering what I said is in direct correlation to what I do for employment. Point out specifically what you believe is incorrect and I will show you why it is not.

rep863
10-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
flat out plain and simple english for all of those with your brainwashed heads where the sun don't shine, marijuana is far less harmful then many other things that you can go and buy at your grocery store. those using the "gateway drug" term should clamp their mouths nice and tight also the reason 99.99% of drug addicts say the first drug they used is marijuana is simply because it is the most easily obtainable illegal substance. the kid sitting next to you in history in 7th grade was probably selling and crack, meth and other such things were unheard of. legalizing marijuana will not harm the population in any way because the people who will be doing it are doing it now there 100,000x more postive points to legalization then to continue with things the way they are now. as for smoking and racing i can see where this would upset a lot of people but at the same time this is coming from those who have no real experience with smoking, smoking does not affect your ability to focus and pay attention to whats going on in the way you were told or think it does in truth most people feel a certain clarity and are able to focus on the one thing they are trying to do without their mind going off in 9794327509759432759 different directions and creating dangerous distractions. the arguement that it is unsafe stems simply from the fact that it is illegal, it will not make anyone a better rider but it certainly does not make them a more dangerous rider by any means.

I usually don’t post on these message boards- just lurk for entertainment purposes, but I find this to be an interesting topic, although I think it has gone off the original intent of the post. It seems to me that if you race, and take it seriously, you would want to win based on your own talent. Not by using a substance that you claim gives you more clarity. Steroids give you more strength, but how would you feel if someone won a race over you- not based on their ability, skill and dedication to the sport, but based more on a substance they used?

You are correct though, Marijuana is more obtainable then crack, meth and heroin. You can grow it your back yard. That does not make it legal. For medicinal purposes, it is typically used for pain management with cancer patients.

Overall though, I grew up when 20/20 was bashing 3 wheeled ATC riders as drunken fools who where a menace to society. That ended up with the 4 major manufactures entering into a consent decree with the government, the end of 3 wheeler sales in the US, and a long dark time for atv racing as a whole. So, whenever there is talk about using any drugs (including alcohol) and operating an ATV (even for clarity purposes), I get a little concerned.

extremeblastr
10-16-2010, 06:34 PM
i understand what you are saying but i don't see it as any different then having a cigarette or two to calm your nerves before riding, however i do not see it as an acceptable thing to be doing in such a situation while it is illegal. i am not condoning in any way the use of marijuana as an illegal substance but simply to trying to convey the reasons that those of us educated on the topic are using to justify making it legal. i feel far safer being around a bunch of stoners then a bunch of alcoholics or pillheads or methheads or anything of that sort... with the things that most people are told happen when you smoke i can understand the reluctance to accept the inevitable but most of the advocates against legalization of use have no solid facts and no experience what so ever with marijuana.

madskrillz2
10-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i understand what you are saying but i don't see it as any different then having a cigarette or two to calm your nerves before riding, however i do not see it as an acceptable thing to be doing in such a situation while it is illegal. i am not condoning in any way the use of marijuana as an illegal substance but simply to trying to convey the reasons that those of us educated on the topic are using to justify making it legal. i feel far safer being around a bunch of stoners then a bunch of alcoholics or pillheads or methheads or anything of that sort... with the things that most people are told happen when you smoke i can understand the reluctance to accept the inevitable but most of the advocates against legalization of use have no solid facts and no experience what so ever with marijuana.

I'm with you on everything but I personally wouldn't do it before I rode. Lol that's just me though. I know it effects people different but whenever I did it, riding was one of the last things on my list.

SRH
10-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
really? I was surprised it took someone that long to mention the "gate way" drug...I forget the comedians name, but he referred to as milk for being the "gate way fluid"

Weed is not a gateway to anything, sure, its usually the first drug someone does...they may or may not end up doing the hard stuff...What if someone has never smoked before, got hurt really bad...got admitted to a hospital, had surgery, and in the middle of the night the nurse gives him an extra dose of morphine because he cant sleep? Happened to me, it didnt put me to sleep, just made me high as crap...I enjoyed it, and if I didnt know any better I'd be on pain killers like it was my job.

Do not use that gateway drug bs that D.A.R.E uses as a propaganda to scare 8 year olds. Anything can be a gateway to anything.

haha when i broke my back i was like yeah both meds at once, oxy contin and oxy codone at the same time, i was in pain i wanted relief but that **** would knock me right out id be droolin half asleep, and idk what they were thinkin they tried a fetynal (sp) patch for a few hrs and i wasnt getting relief so they gave me my reg meds...boy it was great, but as soon as my pain was mildy manageable i stopped taking the meds and i dont have the desire to do that again

i know ppl who regularly smoke crack , heroin...some pretty hard ****...i wonder what goes on in there mind what feeling is so good that you can ignore the facts enough too decide its worth a try???

those pain meds i was on were far worse than weed im sure, and i have no desire to try any of it...so that gateway stuff is a hoax

SRH
10-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by rep863
It really does not matter what anyone’s personal beliefs on marijuana are - it is illegal. Outside of a few states that have legalized it for medicinal purposes, and what Jason did was not for medicinal purposes. Although he may have played a small role in this conspiracy, he played a role. People can also debate marijuana being a gateway drug if they wish, but what drug conspiracies are, are actions by others that lead to addiction. Murder and other crimes are also a part of drug conspiracies, due to greed and addiction. You talk to any meth, crack, or heroin addict and they will tell you the first drug they used was marijuana.

Jason is not going to get 20 years. If this is his first offense, he will probably benefit from several federal sentencing guideline applications, such as a role reduction, and will probably be eligible for probation or a short imprisonment term. The next several months, as he goes through this process, it will be difficult on him and his loved ones. I hope he has learned a lesson from his actions. As far as who pays the costs for federal imprisonment - that would be tax payers. Federal inmates do not pay towards their incarceration. They may be assessed a fine, which will go towards the costs of prosecution, etc, but assessment of a fine is up to the Court.

you cant blame drug related crime on drugs, as a whole id say ppl are dumb savages , i think there are very few ppl in the world as a whole that can be considered intelligent, there are many educated ppl that cannot use there brain outside of one area

and id say the govt knows this and uses it to manipulate us because there getting rich

weed is bad its illegal....jason traffics weed= jason is a bad man and shunned in the community

this only happens because the govt knows it will work on the american ppl

when in reality jason made dumb decisions there was nothing evil about what he did... and thats the impression the sheltered get

i really resent that about our society

chucked
10-17-2010, 06:50 AM
The media makes it worse

99400esex
10-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Anyone who sells drugs is just looking for trouble sooner or later, but I cant say I completely agree with pot being illegal.

Jim417mx
10-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I dont want to get bashed for saying this, but I am going to expect it since it is the internet and all people do is dissagree with each other.... but I'd like to see all you "atv riders" just stop riding one of these days after quads become too dangerous to operate under state laws just like 3 wheelers, and they become "illegal". Quads are more dangerous than pot and cause more injuries and deaths, but the word "illegal" wouldnt stop you from riding quads....

You'd be suprised how many FAST mx racers smoke, including pro-am, it just benefits people in different ways, unfortunately I am one of those riders who just "stares at their handlebars" so I dont do it at all at the track.. and its the exact same thing as alcohol, except not as dangerous, AT ALL, but everybody that has never touched pot thinks they know everything about it... dont knock it til you try it.

Hmm driving drunk = swerving with blurred vision with the urge to hammer down and go fast and try to look cool in front of friends....... OR ... driving stoned never speeding and always driving 5-10mph under the speed limit paying attention to traffic signals just trying to find your way to taco bell....

All you people who think pot should be kept illegal and alcohol is just fine are a bunch of idiots. Instead of going to a bar and killing my liver and getting drunk and getting into a fight and getting hurt, I'd rather smoke and be calm and make friends.

becci4
10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Jim417mx
I dont want to get bashed for saying this, but I am going to expect it since it is the internet and all people do is dissagree with each other.... but I'd like to see all you "atv riders" just stop riding one of these days after quads become too dangerous to operate under state laws just like 3 wheelers, and they become "illegal". Quads are more dangerous than pot and cause more injuries and deaths, but the word "illegal" wouldnt stop you from riding quads....

You'd be suprised how many FAST mx racers smoke, including pro-am, it just benefits people in different ways, unfortunately I am one of those riders who just "stares at their handlebars" so I dont do it at all at the track.. and its the exact same thing as alcohol, except not as dangerous, AT ALL, but everybody that has never touched pot thinks they know everything about it... dont knock it til you try it.

Hmm driving drunk = swerving with blurred vision with the urge to hammer down and go fast and try to look cool in front of friends....... OR ... driving stoned never speeding and always driving 5-10mph under the speed limit paying attention to traffic signals just trying to find your way to taco bell....

All you people who think pot should be kept illegal and alcohol is just fine are a bunch of idiots. Instead of going to a bar and killing my liver and getting drunk and getting into a fight and getting hurt, I'd rather smoke and be calm and make friends.

Well put!! I feel the same

Warnerade
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Well put!! I feel the same So you're equally an idiot, congrats

Using your logic...cars should be illegal.

madskrillz2
10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
So you're equally an idiot, congrats

Using your logic...cars should be illegal.

Oh hey there

TWISTED
10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Jim417mx

I bet your parents regret NOT using birth control..............

Warnerade
10-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I bet your parents regret NOT using birth control.............. hey, your not allowed to steal my insulting thunder. haha :p

honda400ex2003
10-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I bet your parents regret NOT using birth control..............

home of the judychop right there ^^^ and awesome might i add. i bet even the kung fu hillbilly wouldnt touch pot or any other drug. steve