PDA

View Full Version : Polishing sidecases.

Martin Blair
02-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Can you polish side cases and starter cover, and such while it is on the bike? or do you ahve to remove them? and what to use to get the paint off? thanks.

O yeah it wont void the warrenty will it?

02-25-2003, 03:15 PM
tkae the starter cover off and send to me...ill do it for 5 bucks and it will turn out mirror like mine...ill even remove the paint, no it does not void the warranty..i dont think

racin 400
02-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Hey lrdrider1 look at rule number5.Or are u paying to advertise.

zephead400ex
02-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by racin 400
haha...do I sense some sarcasm in that statement?

02-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by racin 400

:rolleyes: i realy dont cal that advertising..advertising would be more like me making a thread...showing my work....giving people my email address....and liting a bunch of prices

racin 400
02-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Ummm says no prices well looks like u gave a price.And lrdrider1 i am just tryin to tell u to watch ur self so u don't endup in the ***** creek.

02Yellow400
02-25-2003, 03:43 PM
I just got done polishing my side cases...Took like 3 weeks of working on it off and on. Yes you have to take the cases off. So before you start you might as well go buy some new gaskets and some oil and a new filter because when you spilit the case all the oil is going to come out so i suggest draining it first.
Then get ready for alot of work. I will get some pictures on here as soon as i can.
You can go to any pepboys and get an aircraft stripper. Let that sit on the cases for about 30 minutes...then get some 000 or 00 steel wool (home depot) and start taking the paint off. You may have to repeat the process a bunch of times just take your time. Then get a DA Sander and use either a 1500 grit or 2000 grit paper and go to town with that. Then once most of the scratches are out ( the polish will take out the hairline scratches ) get a bench grider and a buffing wheel and start with that..Maybe and emery compound and the jewelers rouge. Your gonna have to do that over and over and over again. But you will be happy with the results.
As far as the warrenty goes im not sure. As long as nothing goes wrong you should be ok. Just be really carefull when you pull the ignition side off that you have both ( 2 ) of the dowel pins. One of mine feel on the magnet and when i put it back together it tore the stator to pieces and i had to replace that.

But if you look in your honda manual it will tell you that warrenty is valid as long as you dont mess up. You are allowed to do the work yourself as long as you use genuine honda parts. So if you dont mess anything up they shouldnt have a problem with it.

Any more questions my AOL name is SIXSPDCELICAGTS or you can PM me.

02-25-2003, 03:46 PM
yea i listed a price...but its not like i gave him a price quote for everything on his quad...i know the limits on advertising but thanks for watching by back;)

racin 400
02-25-2003, 03:48 PM
no prob just don't want people gettin mad b/c i reminded em that there is rules but i see u are flexible on things like that.

02-25-2003, 03:51 PM
yea some people are very irritable about rules

CBW
02-25-2003, 03:57 PM
i remember starting out like you guys...(and there wasnt anybody to ask how to do the stuff)......using anything that said METAL POLISH at wal-mart,,,using steel wool and brillo pads,,,,,,,ETC,,,,,working my fingers off trying to get it to look like the stuff in the magazines..........it never really worked. Sure it got a bit brighter than plain aluminum,,,,,and i felt like i really did something,,,(not to take away from anybodys work,,,it all takes time and learning),,,,but there is really only one way to do it right,,,,,,,,,and yes it costs money......either to buy all the corrrect materials or to pay some polishing shop to do it for you. Sooner ...or later,,,,,,,you will see the difference,,,,,,,..............i decided to buy all the stuff for myself.......(and I do STUFF ONLY For MYSELF;) )

Sparks425Ex
02-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Send me You cases and Covers and I will do them. IM or PM me sand I will get your More information.

Thanks,
(XP)Racing...

lil400exman
02-25-2003, 04:45 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm:devious: :bandit: chris ur quads are the best and please pc my frame................;) if ur still doing that........

Team Outlaw #34
02-25-2003, 04:59 PM
I'll do your starter cover or oil cover for free.....just want to show what i can do....let me know if you are interested....

oh yeah let me know if you want to see some pictures....

CBW
02-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm:devious: :bandit: chris ur quads are the best and please pc my frame................;) if ur still doing that........

this frame......... :p

CBW
02-25-2003, 05:17 PM
is on this quad............:devious: :D

luvmyex
02-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Where's the billet wheels dude!?Thats the only thing missing:eek2:

CBW
02-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
Where's the billet wheels dude!?Thats the only thing missing:eek2:

they are coming dont you worry,,,,,,,,,it is far from done;)