PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Coley'sdad#8
10-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Do the pitsters use a 4/110 rear wheel pattern???
Do they have heelguards on the nerfs to keep feet and legs from going under the quad??
Any hidden issues that are arising now that these have been out a while (havent heard of any) ??

Ride1Rob
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd say PM Gary (Quadnana). They ran theirs stock at Nats and seem to be pretty impressed by it.

91gtig60
10-13-2010, 06:26 PM
yes 4x110 on the rear and 4x144 on the front. no heal guards. no issues just small maintenance

jay-r
10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Chris, actually the 2011 models do have heel guards. They do not show them in the pictures on the website. You can see them in the pictures on my ebay listing #270649126822.

I sold the one that Keylee Miller is running in the stock 90 class. I have another new one that I just put on ebay tonight. The biggest issue that I have seen so far is the assembly quality. You literally have to check every nut and bolt, bleed brakes, align front end, etc. when putting them together out of the crate.

The issue that we have seen on Keylee's is the oil lines to the oil cooler leaking where they are crimped. Pitster did send me new ones for hers. Other than that, the steering stems look weak, but has not bent. She has rolled it a couple of times racing a hare scramble and bent the bars but not the stem. It is difficult to get your foot in or out the starting position on the kick starter. Jetting is difficult with the stock carb, most people change the carb anyway. I am sure that other issues will arise with more time. The stock suspension is very good.

Get with us at the races and check out the one that Keylee is racing. I was considering bringing the new one out to show for sale, but I was worried about TMXA sponsorship conflicts.

Jamie

Coley'sdad#8
10-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah Rob,
I have talked to Rozelle and he likes it and talked to Justin yesterday and he said he got the new Fourplay susp. on the bike and it was sweet as well just looking for everyone else's op's on the bike. I rode one last year after LL's and I liked it, just wasnte to give them time to work out bugzzzz.
Jamie, yeah I actually meant to get Coley over there to sit on that bike and check ergonomics for him but got tied up working on others stuff. The reason I asked about the rear wheel pattern size is I just ordered full size 18's to get his 90 to hook up in the sand on new beadlocks and wanted them to also fit the pit if we get one. I do likie the aspect of having a spare motor for under a grand rather than 4k

jay-r
10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes, the spare motors are very cheap and would be easy to change. The ergonomics on the Pitsters are rather large. I just ordered a new set of bars for Keylee that are a lower bend, I hope that will be a little better. She has not really complained, but she looks small on it.

Maybe someone with more time on one will chime in and have more information.

Ride1Rob
10-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
Yeah Rob,
I have talked to Rozelle and he likes it and talked to Justin yesterday and he said he got the new Fourplay susp. on the bike and it was sweet as well just looking for everyone else's op's on the bike. I rode one last year after LL's and I liked it, just wasnte to give them time to work out bugzzzz.

I'd say the proof is in the pudding with Christian the way he rides. They literally beat the bike up at Nats in stock trim and had no DNF's or frame issues. It's great to see more kids hopping on the Thumper band wagon and you'll see this will save A HELL LOT MORE MONEY than running the cvt's. Nice when Jam pulls off the track, I pressure wash the bike, add alil gas, and enjoy my time under the tent while my buddies are going nuts on their kids Drr's/Apex's ;) . With that being said I'm not saying there won't be issues. But if you do they will be really small ones like stated earlier with the oil lines. If you get it and need some help let me know.

T@AFP
10-25-2010, 12:37 PM
This past weekend we put a standard height -1/2" back on my sons. He's a lilttle dude so I brought the stem lower and back towards him. We haven't had a chance to ride yet but just seeing him sit on it, it looks more comfortable for him.

Yes, the spare motors are very cheap and would be easy to change. The ergonomics on the Pitsters are rather large. I just ordered a new set of bars for Keylee that are a lower bend, I hope that will be a little better. She has not really complained, but she looks small on it.

Maybe someone with more time on one will chime in and have more information.

redonkulousruntsracing
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
After talking to Gary and Gary about the Pitsers, when Seth turns 8 he is going straight on a Pitster 125. When he is done with his 50, he is going right to the Pister. I will probably get him one next year so he can practice shifting before its time to race. He's gonna beat up his 50, the it's on to the Pitser, not gonna mess with getting a 90. I already am done with the CVT's.....anyways, he has to learn to shift sometime.:D

Ride1Rob
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
VERY smart move ;)

hwf-racing
11-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah I'm one of Rob's buddies that works on the Apex everytime it comes off the track, While Rob just takes life easy. I got one more season till my son is on his Raptor 250:D

zach R 7x
11-11-2010, 05:29 AM
We just made the jump also! The pister 125 will be here tomorrow.

After many discusions with Tom (Four Play) and Gary Rozell and checking out pricing for replacement parts , aftermarket parts,it seemed like a no-brainer!!!

The plans were to run it stock until he gets good at shifting but I am leaning towards the suspension mods right away. Motor will definately be a slow process,unless Zach progress's faster than I think he will. I also plan to stay with a 4 stroker.The thought of being able to buy a whole motor for what I could buy a cylinder kit for a cvt is just plain crazy!!

Really looking forward to Friday!

Thanks to Tom and Gary for all the advice!!

swamp
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
I run a pitster on a trx robbs racing chassis honda.. Stock carb is alittle small but the motor runs pretty strong rite out of the box....... We rode sat and sun with no problems, except the exhaust gasket blew... I am pleased...