PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Calendar

Fear250r
10-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Well boys, I would say the time has come to get this thing going! For those that may have missed it last year or your new to the forum, I put together an all "R" calendar last year made up of members rides. This is last years....http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=420271&highlight=calendar

Anyway, I wanted to get an earlier start this year and leave submissions open longer. I think I'll leave submissions open till the end of the month, then we can have voting for a week. After that, I'll get to work on it and get it to print. I should definitely have this years out before the first, hopefully even before christmas.

Take a new picture of your atv in a setting you see fit. Set your camera to take the highest possible resolution photo with the finest detail, hopefully 1600x1200 or better (prefer 2240x1680 or higher) (any modern camera should have at least this resolution).

Also, when you submit, please include your board name as well as a few details about your ride, year, engine, etc..

Please submit pictures to me @ Beauch412@cox.net

Now if you are wondering about who is eligible, well everyone is, if they were in last years or not. This is how it will work. Some people feel that past winners should not be eligible for the following year. I feel that they can be but the picture has to be different, completely different, not the same setting/background. This way for those that feel a past winner should not be eligible will know and could simply not vote for them. Again I see no harm in a past winner submitting a new and different picture.

On the topic of pictures, here are some hints to get a great photo.
1. Study the background and make sure nothing is distracting. So look out for signs, trees, fence post, anything from growing out of your atv.

2. Make sure the rims are facing the camera, don’t turn the tire so that it points at the camera.

3. Contrast, make sure your atv stands out from the background.

4. Fill the frame, the subject is your atv, so make sure it fills the frame completely, but not so that the atv is touching the edges. It could get cut off during the printing process.

5. Angle, don’t take just a straight on or side shot. Look at some of the atv magazines and see how they shoot their atv's, ¾ shots and so on are the best. Of course there is always an exception to the rule. I would add, get up high or down low for other interesting angles.

6. Even in direct sunlight use a fill flash, it helps soften the shadows and fills in some detail too.

8. Park the atv so that the light is at your back. I find the best times to shoot are actually overcast days versus sunny cloudless days. Of course it depends on what you want in the background too.

I think that about does it. If anyone can think of anything, or you have questions/concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thanks

Jesse

troybilt
10-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I would suggest not driveway shots, which I call "Craigslist Ad photos".... Get out and get your bike dirty (or not :D) but at least have some decent terrain as a back drop... track, trail, dunes, etc... if its not cloudy, early morning (sunrise) or before sunset is a good time as well for decent light, imo...

Hopefully I'll get my wheels back and my graphics done for my XC bike or I'll miss out on yet another calender... :(

Fear250r
10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Excellent point Troy. Let's see them in their natural habitat. lol . Got a couple pics so far, keep them coming guys!

Fear250r
10-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Only 4 pics so far...keep 'em coming. Also, please let me know if you're interested or not as I hate to get everything done and find out 10 people want them. Thanks

Jesse

troybilt
10-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll be sending you pics soon, I'm waiting on a fresh set of nets for my nerfs and finishing my number plates.

SilverLake250R
10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I have pics to send, but I can't decide which one yet... should I send a few and let you decide? Maybe one will be different from the others who submitted and be a good addition to the calendar. Oh, I will take at least 1 calendar, 2 if I get in it!

Fear250r
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Sounds good Troy, I look forward to getting them.

SilverLake, if you want me to make suggestions, that's fine, but in the end, I'd like you to make the final decision. Thanks

Jesse

tritty_wall
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
i'll be sending a picture, and like silverlake250R I'm going want 1 or 2 if i get in. Thanks

brokenbones
10-18-2010, 04:44 PM
sent 2 pics

BCTRX
10-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Sent a couple pics as well. iI'll take a couple, probably have to get a dozen more if chosen,!! LOL
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x33/Superquadswest/WinchesterBayOctober2010013.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x33/Superquadswest/WinchesterBayOctober2010012.jpg

Fear250r
10-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Got your pics Bones. We're up to 7 now. Keep 'em coming. And just a quick reminder for those sending multiple pics. You can only have one submitted for voting. If you want me to make a suggestion, that's fine, but in the end I'd like you to make the final decision. Thanks

hartwill
10-19-2010, 09:07 PM
can you have more than one quad in the pic? or do you prefer we post one pic of each quad? I noticed last years didn't have any with more than one. oh and I want two calendars also (depending on price). thanks

Fear250r
10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
can you have more than one quad in the pic? or do you prefer we post one pic of each quad? I noticed last years didn't have any with more than one.

I would send in whatever you want, then it's up to the people! lol Would the second quad be an R also?

Jesse

hartwill
10-20-2010, 12:24 PM
of course. they are both Rs.

pdxbigfoot
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Im just getting ready to start building my new R.
Even Im tired of seeing pics of Lucretia so I wont be entering this year.
Next year will be a different story and I cant wait to see this years entries.

Ignacia has begun............:devil:

Fear250r
10-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Quick update...I've got 8 pics right now and 2 more on the way. We've got a bunch of great pics so far! Keep sending 'em my way! Still plenty of time to dust off that camera and snap some shots! So...go now!!! :D

troybilt
10-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Quick update...I've got 8 pics right now and 2 more on the way. We've got a bunch of great pics so far! Keep sending 'em my way! Still plenty of time to dust off that camera and snap some shots! So...go now!!! :D

How long do we have? I'm waiting on a couple of "finishing touches" :devil: in the mail right now! Can you give me 1-2 wks?

Fear250r
10-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
How long do we have? I'm waiting on a couple of "finishing touches" :devil: in the mail right now! Can you give me 1-2 wks?

I was planning on cutting it off at the end of the month, but we'll see how many pics I have. I'm not seeing as much interest as last year? :ermm:

leager-n-ky
10-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm interested, just waiting on a few things also.

Honda 250r 001
10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
I would be interested in sending a photo, but ive been motocrossing all year and my R is looking a little tough right now! ill have to remember to snap a pic after the winter clean up. Can I submit racing photos?

Fear250r
10-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
Can I submit racing photos?

Any photos are good!! Send 'em in!! Do me a favor though, pick one and only one. Thanks

Jesse

10-22-2010, 07:57 PM
If you can use an ATC250R, I sent my 1986 in…an ATC250R in a sea of TRX250R’s might look good.

Thanks!

Carlos.
:)

Fear250r
10-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I've got 12 photos so far! If you're planning on sending in a pic, please do so soon! Thanks

Jesse

spintly
10-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Pic sent. Thanks for doing this again!

Fear250r
10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by spintly
Pic sent. Thanks for doing this again!

Got it!

Up to 17 photos now!! I just want to let everyone know, any pic is ok, still or action! If you want to submit something, go right ahead!! Thanks

Jesse

Fear250r
10-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Ok guys, last weekend to get your pics in! I've got 20/21 so far. So, if you've got a pic, action or still, send it in! Thanks

Jesse

ridered250R
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I submitted one early this morning hoping to make the cut, it was a blue flamed 89.

Thanks.

Fear250r
11-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ridered250R
I submitted one early this morning hoping to make the cut, it was a blue flamed 89.

Thanks.

Got it! Thanks

C-LEIGH RACING
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
So, it can be a pic of one racing & maybe with some race dirt on it ??.
Or I'm to late.
Thanks, Neil

Fear250r
11-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Neil, you're never too late! You've helped everyone out including myself enough that I think we can let it slide. lol Go ahead and send me a pic. Beauch412@cox.net

Jesse