PDA

View Full Version : 400ex brake bleed problem?

trailrider894
10-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey guys, i am having a problem... I got new brake lines and now i am trying to bleed them, but the fluid won't seem to run through the line? The lever on the handle bars has no pressure on it and moves back and forth almost freely and no fluid is coming out of the calipers at the bottom where the brake bleed nipples are... any help?

CJM
10-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I had almost the same exact issue when I got new lines.

I had to use a brake vacuum bleeder and it took awhile but it worked.

trailrider894
10-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I had almost the same exact issue when I got new lines.

I had to use a brake vacuum bleeder and it took awhile but it worked.

what is that? and how do i do that? I have never done this, so i am kinda dumb...

CJM
10-13-2010, 07:14 AM
you need a brake bleeder kit, something similar to this http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MITMV8500-Silverline-Automotive-Vacuum/dp/B0002SQYUA which you can buy at sears or any auto parts store for less.

Then what you do is hook it up like this: hose over the brake bleeder nipple, to the catch bottle, to the gun. Then you just keep pumping till you get no more bubbles. It took me a good hour to get my brand new lines and calipers to be rock hard but it worked.

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 05:50 PM
What i do is squeeze the lever in. while its pulled in put one thumb over the hole. Then let the lever out. And repeat a few times till a nice stream comes out the caliper hole. Might have to add more break fluid while you do it. Thats how i do it any ways and it works and dont take long.

Do each caliper separate.

atv fan 28
10-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Try this.

http://www.moccsplace.com/images/brakes/bleeder/bleeder.htm

SpasticR450
10-15-2010, 09:25 PM
If you looked on youtube to im sure it would totaly show what you need to know.

togup
10-16-2010, 01:53 PM
you have captured air in your line the fluid doesnt compress the air does so there is "dead" feeling .the vacuum bleeder works best and you can use it on any thing.