PDA

View Full Version : ATVs and SXSs Banned in U.S.

87HONDATRX250X
10-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey guys i was reading the atvrider magazine i got today and saw this column in it. I hope most of you get the magazine so you can read it for your self but, if you don't go out and buy it. Its worth the read. Its the Nov/Dec issue. What do you guys think about all this? I dont know what id do if i couldn't ride any more. :confused:

Here is a pic of the first page of the article. I do not own or claim to own the contents in this picture all rights go to atvrideronline.com (http://www.atvrideronline.com/index.html)

250ex_dan
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
WTF!
THEY ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER RODE/HAD/APPRICATED ATV AND ARE PROABABLY PEOPLE THAT ARE IRRESPOSIBLE AND DONT RESPECT THE MACHINES POWER AND ABILITES.
tHESE LAWS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND!
(sorry for the caps,they got stuck)

87HONDATRX250X
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by 250ex_dan
WTF!
THEY ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER RODE/HAD/APPRICATED ATV AND ARE PROABABLY PEOPLE THAT ARE IRRESPOSIBLE AND DONT RESPECT THE MACHINES POWER AND ABILITES.
tHESE LAWS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND!
(sorry for the caps,they got stuck)

I know man is BS!!! :mad: Tell some more people about this post so we can get some more input and get something done about it! We gotta act before they ruin are love for this sport!

CJM
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone got a link to the whole article?

dr qwerty
10-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I didn't read the whole post but i do know..
They stop selling kids atv's under i think 250?? because of lead content in the atv's that ban was lifted some time ago...(about a year and the banned lasted about 4-6 months)
I doubt they will win this...Too much money lost which is the first thing, second too many riders....

But we MUST STOP IDIOTS from letting their kids ride with no helmets, riding with kids doubled on while drunk etc...Those are the people who kill it for us and give them ammo...

beags86
10-13-2010, 11:31 AM
i didn't read it but i would bet a weeks pay that this would never happen...to much money would be lost, if anything the gov will just stick its hands into the sport farther and incease fees and taxes..blah blah blah

87HONDATRX250X
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Anyone got a link to the whole article?

Not that i know of. But i could may be take some close up pics you can read it.

Rohr397
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Here's the full article. Absolutely disturbing. They should leave the decision making to the people who actually know enough about the sport to make a smart and responsible decision on laws rather than pass something that sounds good because they are mis-informed.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/141_1011_dont_make_dirt_bikes_extinct_vote_novembe r_2/index.html