PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Problems

Ryan300exRider
02-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Well first off i deceided to put my graphics on during the winter which was a very smart choice to start off with...Now they are starting to bubble at the ends and come undone....i can push them down and they stay stuck for a lil while but when im done riding and come back the next day they are bubbled again at the ends....Anyways is there anyhting i can put under the graphics that are coming up to make them stick again or anything else i can do ?

CHAUNCY
02-07-2003, 09:50 PM
you might want to try and just go over them with a blow dryer and keep gettin em flat then they might stay. JMO

QuadJunkies
02-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ryan300exRider
Well first off i deceided to put my graphics on during the winter which was a very smart choice to start off with...Now they are starting to bubble at the ends and come undone....i can push them down and they stay stuck for a lil while but when im done riding and come back the next day they are bubbled again at the ends....Anyways is there anyhting i can put under the graphics that are coming up to make them stick again or anything else i can do ? Hmmm.. not sure but I do know the cold does play issues with stickin:confused: I had to go and have a clear coat vinyl overlay put on my Daughters graphics but i use a totally dif vinly than your kit is made with ,you might call around and ask how much they would charge to make them..When and if you do this, make sure you clean your plastics REALLY good with rubbing Alcohol,these molds of plastics are made with several layers of materials that give it that shine and its sometimes hard to take away the slickness to get a good stick to it...The alcohol will help them sitck better, otherwise I am clueless what to try but starting over..Good Luck... Tina;)

skinrider440
02-08-2003, 12:46 AM
take clear fingernail polish and go around the edges (when you get it to stick) that will help them from comming off.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by skinrider440
take clear fingernail polish and go around the edges (when you get it to stick) that will help them from comming off. good idea.. But doesnt it tend the flake over time?

hessianmx111
02-08-2003, 02:43 PM
go to your local walmart and buy 3m spray adhesive and spray on the back of the graphics and it should stay for a long long time i found mine in the crafts section if you have a hard time finding any ask somebody who works there

toby400ex
02-08-2003, 02:47 PM
you can get sticker glue from rockymountain atv, it might work:confused:

Rip_Tear
02-08-2003, 05:24 PM
.... You really should have waited till it was warmer, but, try warming it up(the plastics) then try and smooth them out. If the bubble wont come out, get a pin and put tiny pin prick in them and then flatten. I put my Sleds #'s (licence) on in the winter, first I go the blow drier on it, and it was in the sun, and I had to pin prick a few spots, try not to do sticker things in the cold.