PDA

View Full Version : Reed Cage I.d. Need Help

trx250racer
10-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I HAVE THESE TWO SETS THAT WERE ON SOME 250R'S THAT I HAVE HAD AT ONE POINT.

THE ONE ON THE LEFT HAS THAT INTAKE BOOT THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS OFF OF. IT HAS KZ3J ON THE SIDE OF IT.

THE ONE ON THE RIGHT HAS THAT BLOCK THAT HAS BEEN PORTED, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SETUP THAT IS?

ALL INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

trx250racer
10-12-2010, 12:04 AM
THIS INTAKE IS FOR A 38MM CARB. IT HAS THE WIDER OPENING THEN THE STOCK BOOT.

troybilt
10-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Looks like the stuffer on a CR reed cage. I have that same setup on one of my motors.

trx250racer
10-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Looks like the stuffer on a CR reed cage. I have that same setup on one of my motors.

which one are you refering to? the ones on the left or the ones on the right in the first picture? thanks

also including another picture

TLR-Online
10-12-2010, 05:22 AM
The right one looks like an FMF, but the one i had only had 4 pedals instead of 6?

troybilt
10-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by trx250racer
which one are you refering to? the ones on the left or the ones on the right in the first picture? thanks

also including another picture

The piece that you have in your hand looks like a CR stuffer. The one of the left looks like a stock 250r reed cage, the one of the right looks like CR, not positive though.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I could stand corrected, but from dim memory, the one on the left is a stock Honda CR250R cage & intake manifold, & it didnt come from Curtis Sparks, cause he cuts a little gap in the middle of the reed stops to clear the bridges in the TRX cylinder.

One on the right, is the FMF Ram valve with stuffer & I beleave TLR is right about the 4 petals.
If I remember right, the CR had 4 & the TRX came with 6.
I could stand corrected though.
Neil

trx250racer
10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
thanks Neil,
i did a little more research myself yesterday and found that the intake boot on the left is indeed a cr250 intake.
thats wierd how it has the stuffer built into the boot itself, i had not seen anything like it. why does this boot accept a big 38mm carb? shouldn't a stock CR come with a smaller carb? just wondering.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-14-2010, 09:14 AM
CR250 comes stock with a 38mm.

Honda put the 34mm on the TRX250R, way back to start with, because they didnt know if the buying public was going to be buying those racing bikes for a baby sitters like they did the utility bikes.

You know they have the 2X4 & 4X4 utility bikes, that everybody thinks you are suppose to buy your kid & send them out of the house to ride so the parents can sit on their duff & not have to look after them. Then when they get hurt bad, cause nobody was watching them to keep them from doing stupid stuff on the atv's, they file a big law suit aginst the companys when in reality the parents should be locked up for child abuse.

Just kidding, had to vent.
Neil

trx250racer
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
thanks guys.... we have this one figured out!!!