PDA

View Full Version : do K&N filters make a difference?

bump1
02-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Are K&N Filters really worth the money? Do they flow that much better than stock? Has any one ever noticed a difference in power with changing the filter, or is it just peace of mind that it is the right thing to do because everyone else has one? Give me some of your opinions, and or experiences.:confused:

loganB
02-07-2003, 10:06 PM
Yes you can feel the diffrence they flow much beter than stock.:)

bump1
02-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Well I have been arguing with one of my friends who has a cr250 he thinks they are just a waste of money that It will not make a noticeable difference between stock and K&N. I argue that it may not be the power gains that they advertise but I believe it helps especially if you have aftermarket exhaust and rejet the carb. Just looking for some ammo to back up my story. Thanks:macho

racerx573
02-07-2003, 10:17 PM
I dont hear much bout the bike guys using K&N, as often as I do quad guys. I think theres a biggere difference in quads, because stock quad motors are tone down a lot more than bike motors.

Martin Blair
02-07-2003, 10:38 PM
yeah alot more power on my dads rancher and the 400, especialy if you get the jet kit long eith it, but u need to run a outerwaer with it.

DEAL
02-07-2003, 10:58 PM
To tell you the truth I'm not sure if they make k&ns for alot of newer motocross bikes.
The power kit itself will not make a really huge diffrence in a stock 400 but once you add a pipe you will notice a huge diffrence.

roostu
02-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I have to say that I can feel a HUGE difference when I put on my K&N, as aposed to my UNI. The difference in flow and power is amazing.

~Roost-U

Steve-o 400EX
02-09-2003, 09:19 AM
i would recommend a sparks or another foam filter, the k&N is so unrestrictive it will let dust into your motor. You can run it with an outer wear but that will make it more restrictive than a foam filter. I was going to get a K&N but everyone i talked to steered me away from it so i got a sparks and it gave me a noticeable gain.

HSD400EX
02-09-2003, 09:25 AM
hey fellas whats up..i ran a no toil..i loved it...but then i ran a k&n for ****s and giggles..i think the k&n is better.....but there one honest think i dont like about k&n..id rather soak my air filter in oil..than having to trust a prefilter...just gives me more peace of mind...

QuadTrix6
02-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Steve-o 400EX
i would recommend a sparks or another foam filter, the k&N is so unrestrictive it will let dust into your motor. You can run it with an outer wear but that will make it more restrictive than a foam filter. I was going to get a K&N but everyone i talked to steered me away from it so i got a sparks and it gave me a noticeable gain.

how do u like the sparks? Is it as good as a k&n?

Steve-o 400EX
02-09-2003, 07:59 PM
I really do like my sparks. I would stick with foam and not take the risk, there isn't really going to be any power difference but ur motor will appreciate it later.

Good luck with it.:macho