PDA

View Full Version : kasea, polaris and others which parts compatible?

hawaiianbasshed
10-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I got my kid a skyhawk 90 and was curious which all parts are interchangeable?

can I swap full motors with something else like a DRR or Apex motor? or what motor parts can swap if any to other models?

are the rear hubs all the same pattern? or can I put different hubs on the axle?

also who does everyone go to for porting and stuff? I want to get this thing faster for sure as it wasn't too impressive compared to my sons LT80 as far as motor lol. it supposedly has porting done and the carb looks pretty big. it has a pipe and stuff. it came with a 110 stroker motor on the side but I want my kid to race in the 90 class so it's pretty much useless lol. I didn't find much info in the kasea section so figured maybe it'd get better advice here. thanks guys!

Tom

oh, here's pix/vids :) it's not anything like a conventional skyhawk 90 ;) at least once you get past the engine lol

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=449354

qcitytile
10-11-2010, 08:07 PM
the rear hubs on a kasea I believe are 4/100 most of the minis are 4/110 and I know when we had a polaris the kasea axle had a smaller spline so we could not just switch hubs and wheels. all the motors are the same besides the ones with reverse but i think they would fit also.

hawaiianbasshed
10-12-2010, 02:10 AM
we also have a 28mm flatslide carb on ours :) checked it after looking at the ones on

I have two boxes with clutch stuff inside...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/kasearearclutch.jpg?t=1286870961

I was thinking I should sell one. what are these worth? I'm thinking of just putting it on ebay...

nastynotchback1
10-12-2010, 12:12 PM
i am running e-ton hubs on our dura-blue kasea axle and i took the kasea hubs off.i have also ran drr hubs on this axle so i would say yes most will interchange.

Ryko racing
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
call rich or michelle at Hetrick racing, they stock most everything and know what swaps with what. Most of the parts are swapable.

good luck.

Ryko racing
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
call rich or michelle at Hetrick racing, they stock most everything and know what swaps with what. Most of the parts are swapable.

good luck.

hawaiianbasshed
10-13-2010, 01:46 AM
thanks for the replies!

I have a possibly worse question lol. I don't know the conversion to calculate cc's and am not too positive on rules. to run in the 90cc mod class what size piston/jug does my kids bike need to have? I know there are 52-53 and 54mm kits on ebay and I'm thinking of buying a new kit to get ported and I can't seem to find many in 52mm. and if I have to only run a 52mm if I need to bore our jug, would that mean it is worthless as I can't run it in the 90cc class there after?

I didn't pull the head that's on the bike so I'm not sure what size it is yet. but intend to as I want to see if its really ported. as well as possibly clean out any carbon build up and repolish the ports maybe if I feel outgoing LOL

and lastly wtf is a pvl? power valve? I'm seeing what looks like a cool head in an auction and wondering if that's the pvl lol. are cool heads made for mini's?

and is liquid cooling popular on mini's? do I need to do that for a ported motor? sorry, for all the noob q's lol

nastynotchback1
10-13-2010, 06:07 AM
PVL is an aftermarket ignition that is a must for a built high rpm motor.liquid cool motors are the most common motor but there are a few air cooled still out there.

Ryko racing
10-13-2010, 07:12 AM
go to google type in how to calculate displacement. nightrider .com will come up punch in your bore and stroke and it will give you the displacement.

i think 45 stroke 50 mm bore is 90 cc

or stock stroke 43 with a 52 mm bore .

it has been a while.

hawaiianbasshed
10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
thanks again guys :)

so I looked at both motors and the one in the bike is definitely a different looking stator assembly, it has an aluminum spacer looking thing on it where the one off the bike looks like a stock setup... any pix of what a PVL should look like by any chance? I searched on ebay and didn't find much.

I'm considering doing liquid cooling, all I need is a liquid top end and the radiator right? or does the block house a pump of some sort? if it's really in depth I may just leave it air cooled...

jetta75
10-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Here is a good calculator http://www.xr4register.com/cccalc.php

hawaiianbasshed
10-14-2010, 12:00 AM
thanks jetta

Results:
Bore: 52.00mm
Stroke: 42.00mm
Cylinders: 1

Engine capacity: 89.20cc

Results:
Bore: 53.00mm

Engine capacity: 92.66cc

Results:
Bore: 54.00mm

Engine capacity: 96.19cc

I have no idea how the dude came up with the spare motor being a 110cc... even with the 45mm stroker crank (it doesn't have a spacer plate under the jug tho) and a 54mm bore it would still only be 103cc...

Results:
Bore: 54.00mm
Stroke: 45.00mm

Engine capacity: 103.06cc

I believe that's at max bore and max stroke for the motor itself and still won't be a 110cc lol

I figured out why he got that... this company who sells stuff called it that. ALOT of his parts had lakes motorsports on the packages..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLARIS-ETON-DINLI-90-53MM-BIG-BORE-CYLINDER-KIT-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem33617651d0QQitemZ22067 8476240QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

THEY advertise it as a 110cc big bore kit... so he just got a top end and assumed it was what they claimed...

hawaiianbasshed
10-14-2010, 01:26 AM
can I change carriers? and run something that uses disc rear? or swap whole swing arm to something better/longer? could convert axle and brakes and all that one time.

if not I may run like a 300ex swing arm or something lol. rebuild it back into a big bike again or at least a little bigger. not right now, but down the road...

nastynotchback1
10-14-2010, 05:54 AM
I run the stock carrier and installed e-ton rear disk brakes on it.

hawaiianbasshed
10-14-2010, 11:18 PM
the stator looks to be different than a stock one. but I don't really know what I'm looking at lol. it has a 1/2" billet plate where the stock stator is on the other motor.... right under the magneto thing that the fan mounts to..

hawaiianbasshed
10-14-2010, 11:24 PM
here's the one on the stock looking motor...

hawaiianbasshed
10-15-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.maximumrpm.com/images/products/preview/pvl_701.jpg

I think this is what is on my son's new bike :confused: it has a big fat aluminum plate and the coil looks the same. it looks alot more like what is on the bike then what the spare motor has. that thing looks like the stator on our LT80...

bike has pretty intense off the line but I gotta check compression. seems like it's slacking off a little after.

if so it's a $550 ignition setup?

http://www.maximumrpm.com/index.php?p=product&id=46&parent=21

I think the pipe is a hetricks MX pipe all rusted out lol, gotta check compression and cvt stuff I suppose... maybe clutch springs and such. how do I know if the clutch is needing work?

am I supposed to change the clutch springs and weights all the time on this bike? I suppose I better open it up and see what it looks like...

hawaiianbasshed
10-15-2010, 02:24 AM
also have one of these

http://www.maximumrpm.com/images/products/preview/dp014000.jpg

the koso intake mani, if I put a boost bottle on the bike does it just plug into the opening nozzle things whatever they're called? they're just capped off right now...

nastynotchback1
10-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Yours does have the pvl on it but it can be had for less than 550.00.Boost bottle would hook up to one of the nipples on that intake.I use the big one.

hawaiianbasshed
10-16-2010, 01:04 AM
pulled the top end off the spare motor, it's a 78mm tall jug 53.6mm opening, it had a 1.6mil spacer on the bottom but it also came with a few different larger spacers in a box but all look home made...

is there any way I can tell how it's a stroker crank and how much? can I measure how far the rod sticks outta the top of the block at full extension or something?

from the height of the spacer that was on it tells me 45mm (+3mil stroker thus 1.6mil plate but some of the plates were up to 5mm and all were used...) but to make a 110cc it needs the 48mm crank and a 54mm bore....

also the top end on the bike put up 155lbs psi on my compression tester. I'm not sure if it's a high comp head I imagine it is, as he said the top end was ported and it does have a pipe, koso 28mm carb, koso intake mani and PVL... so how do I see if it's a high comp head?

I'd like to freshen up the top end, replace it with a nicely ported one and do a milled head while I'm at it. if the head is already milled I'll just get a jug setup and have it ported.

is Lakes motorsports ok? Hetricks and Max RPM seem to be the most sought I'm guessing that's for good reason.