PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk nerf bars and frame skids???

Thumpin440ex
10-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I just received my alba nerfs. Great looking bars btw, but it seems that the way the front bars mount to the frame is the same way my skid is attached to my frame. In this instance, I can not use them with out modding my skid( which I do not want to do) Can you guys with the albs or tusks post up some pics of how you have them mounted.. I have just looked at it, not close inspected this, so I might be jumping the gun on the actual mounting. But sure as hell looks to be the way they mount.. Thanks

John

trailrider894
10-11-2010, 07:49 PM
They have to be cut... You can look on the ATV Riders Custom 400ex. Thats how you will have to do it. I am pretty sure.

Thumpin440ex
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
They have to be cut... You can look on the ATV Riders Custom 400ex. Thats how you will have to do it. I am pretty sure.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would ya??

Thanks John

400man
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
I just got my alba nerf bars on my bike today and I love em. the bolted on perfect and are built strong. i'll post some pics up later

NacsMXer
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I had to modify my skid plate when I switched to IMS/Roll nerfs. They mount with a u-bolt setup, which i'm sure is how the Alba's are. I simply mounted the nerfs without the skid plate on, and test fitted the skid plate to where it would hit the u-bolts. I then marked it with a Sharpie, and cut out notches in the skid with a sawzall. At first I didn't want to have to modify the skid, but it was simple to do.

Thumpin440ex
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
So the bar that ties the 2 sides of the nerfs together, runs underneath the frame(as in hngs bellow it)??

John

NacsMXer
10-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
So the bar that ties the 2 sides of the nerfs together, runs underneath the frame(as in hngs bellow it)??

John

No, it sits on top of the lower frame rail passing beneath the oil tank area. I can get you a pic if you like.

Thumpin440ex
10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
No, it sits on top of the lower frame rail passing beneath the oil tank area. I can get you a pic if you like.

Yah thanks after looking at it today I fig that out. I am still up in the air about it. I really don't want to cut my skids. For 1 the area where the bars need to mount with the frame clamp is almost exactly where my skid clamps are :sigh:

John

NacsMXer
10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
Yah thanks after looking at it today I fig that out. I am still up in the air about it. I really don't want to cut my skids. For 1 the area where the bars need to mount with the frame clamp is almost exactly where my skid clamps are :sigh:

John

I had the same situation with my setup. I relocated the clamps for the skid a little further back.