PDA

View Full Version : Kasea 70

QUADROOKIE
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Can a Kasea 70 with a Hetrick built motor compete fairly well with the Drr's with a good rider in XC racing? It only has the single a arm suspension still but does have Elka shocks.

nastynotchback1
10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Can a Kasea 70 with a Hetrick built motor compete fairly well with the Drr's with a good rider in XC racing? It only has the single a arm suspension still but does have Elka shocks.

It can in mx so i don't see why it couldn't in xc buttttttttttttt the single a-arm is going to be the stopper

QUADROOKIE
10-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Ok, I don't want to sound like a complete newbie, which I'm not really, but can you explain what the benefit is exactly of the dual a arm set up and also how much would it be to convert approximately? I assume it is mainly a travel difference?

QUADROOKIE
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Another thing, my boy is coming from a completly stock Kymco 50 and he runs as fast or faster laps than the kids on the DRR 50's in the modified class. I guess I was thinking even with the single arm susp. with the elkas it would seem like alot better handling bike than he is used to. Plus, I planned to upgrade to a DRR or similar the next year. I guess just wondering if spending a grand on the Kasea is worth it compared to spending 2 grand or more for a DRR in his first year. Thanks for the advice.

nastynotchback1
10-12-2010, 05:58 AM
with single arms the wheels travel in a half circle pattern when they travel up and down and make the quad very hard to steer.it is very dangerous.the dual arms make the wheels travel straight up and down.dual arm conversions are not cheap new but if you can find a d-c racing set-up your kid will love you.

QUADROOKIE
10-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Awesome thanks for the info!

brokenbones
10-12-2010, 10:06 AM
If you are interested I have a kasea witha hetrick dual a arm set up,front disc conversion. all done right my son ran it in mx and worcs races and beat most drr and apexs. I went and bought a h2o set up but went back to air cooled to save wieght. its disc brake conversion all the way around

let me know i have lots of parts 1 70 motor,1 90 legal motor and 1 95cc motor as well as the h20 90 cc top end and radiator

hetrick,k-fab,DC motorsports,trd innovations,elka,brad loomis carbon parts

nastynotchback1
10-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by brokenbones
If you are interested I have a kasea witha hetrick dual a arm set up,front disc conversion. all done right my son ran it in mx and worcs races and beat most drr and apexs. I went and bought a h2o set up but went back to air cooled to save wieght. its disc brake conversion all the way around

let me know i have lots of parts 1 70 motor,1 90 legal motor and 1 95cc motor as well as the h20 90 cc top end and radiator

hetrick,k-fab,DC motorsports,trd innovations,elka,brad loomis carbon parts

You got a radiator to fit the kasea?what bumper you got?If he is not interested in the front end i may be.Is it long travel or standard and what you want for it?