PDA

View Full Version : indiana

notsolow400ex
10-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi all i live in monticello and i am looking for other people that ride. I have a small place to ride that im working on. and im also looking at trying to get it legal to ride on roads in white county. If anyone whats to hang out let me know.

Brewer48
10-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I live in Rochester and have buddies in Peru and Logan that ride. Always up for new spots. We should plan somethin!

notsolow400ex
10-11-2010, 03:40 PM
do you guys have places to ride around you? right now im workin on a decent figure 8 i just gotta get some jumps put in. I just got my 08 450r so im ready to do some rideing let me know if you set something up.

YAYHonda
11-24-2010, 12:49 PM
im in indiana, kokomo area. i have some land, and i have a decent small track. im currently working on it to make a compound type of thing. so i can always switch up the track. im trying to find some people to ride with.

DragonGunner
12-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm up by Wabash Co. Anyone been to the Badlands? Haven't been
there for awhile....maybe when it warms up on a weekend we can
meet down there for a days ride? I'm tired of going by myself an riding
alone all the time down there.

ATV Chic
12-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
I'm up by Wabash Co. Anyone been to the Badlands? Haven't been
there for awhile....maybe when it warms up on a weekend we can
meet down there for a days ride? I'm tired of going by myself an riding
alone all the time down there.

Ya we're at the badlands about every weekend. Ton of fun there now because of new ownership and the changes they've made. Very nice mx track now;)

DragonGunner
12-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by ATV Chic
Ya we're at the badlands about every weekend. Ton of fun there now because of new ownership and the changes they've made. Very nice mx track now;)

"About every weekend...".....I would be too if I lived closer!! MX track is a great addition...with gas prices lat couple yrs. it doeesn't seem as crowded as several yrs. ago...it could get real dangerous when it was really crowded....7 dirtbikes came screaming down the road an one hit me head on, he flew off an I was turned almost all the way around in the wreckage....not a good day....first hour we were there...ripped the legamits out of my shoulder an broke my wrist, glad my nephew was with me to take me to hospital an home. I called Duncan racing an told them their steel bumper saved my life by deflecting the bike off to the side...where it then snapped the ball joints off the +2 a-arms. Doc said I wouldn't be able to work for 6 months....I did my own therapy an 6 wks later was back to work an the following yr. was back racing....didn't mean to hi-jack this thread...sorry!

ltfd413
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
6 or so of us are going Friday Dec 31st. I know some bike guys are coming from Indy It actually might get to 50 degrees. I am having withdraws from not riding. Come on out start the New year off right.

DragonGunner
12-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I think I might just go down this Fri.....if it looks like it isn't going to rain
or be real foggy....I'm driving a white blazer, will probably bring my orange an white KTM hybrid quad an maybe a 3 wheeler....#61 on the KTM quad. I usually park down at the bottom parking lot. I'll see if I can round up anyone else.

DragonGunner
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Look for this if you don't care if I ride with you guys?

ltfd413
12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds good, I will have a white chevy dually with a big gooseneck trailer, we will be on honda 450's and a 400, bottom of the hill too.

DragonGunner
12-31-2010, 05:57 AM
Well my son was coming with the 400EX but after watching radar for an hour this morning decided it looked too rainy, so holding off for another day....tuff call because we really wanted to ride...but not that bad I guess, must be getting old an gas prices suck.

Brewer48
01-07-2011, 04:19 PM
we will all hafta get a big group ride goin for the badlands once it warms up!! Were also down to ride wherever else if you guys have land and wanna get more ridin with ya? We are workin on a track right now but it wont be done for awhile.

ATV Chic
01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Brewer48
we will all hafta get a big group ride goin for the badlands once it warms up!! Were also down to ride wherever else if you guys have land and wanna get more ridin with ya? We are workin on a track right now but it wont be done for awhile.

Ya we will ride again when its warm for sure. Would luv to catch you guys out there this spring!

ltfd413
01-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Midwest xc is holding a race there Feb 27th, There are 4 or 5 of us coming to race, come on out!

notsolow400ex
01-15-2011, 05:37 PM
yea, im deffnantly down for the badlands when it warms up. my 450r is very cold blooded and is a pain to start.

DragonGunner
01-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by ltfd413
Midwest xc is holding a race there Feb 27th, There are 4 or 5 of us coming to race, come on out!

I raced MX, Grand Prix an harescrambles for about 7 yrs. an retired 3 yrs. ago....I'm seriously thinking about coming back, more for fun than serious competition, I just might show up an race in the +40 Quad class...thanks for the info!!

ltz?r1?
02-18-2011, 06:13 PM
If your having with draws you can ice race in ceder lake Indiana like I do they have a 2 mile left& right turn and 1/4 mile oval its all about the speed. Anybody live near griffith Indiana looking for places to ride

400exc
02-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Me and about 10 other guys are going there is late June for a weekend. Maybe we will see some of you guys there!

rolfs_7
03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Dragongunner where abouts are you at in wabatucky county? I live by Manchester and we are getting a group rounded up for a spring trip to the badlands and I'm always up for some good woods/trail riding. I'm just rolling on an 89 250r with a few minor mods so if you don't mind riding with a 2 stroke we need to get something planned.

DragonGunner
03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by rolfs_7
Dragongunner where abouts are you at in wabatucky county? I live by Manchester and we are getting a group rounded up for a spring trip to the badlands and I'm always up for some good woods/trail riding. I'm just rolling on an 89 250r with a few minor mods so if you don't mind riding with a 2 stroke we need to get something planned.

Back in the day all my buddies rode 250R's an Banshee's....with all the quad thieves in this Co. ( a friend had his BUILT 250R an Raptor stolin), I'll just say I know where N. Manchester is. Would love to ride with a 250R again, an so would my son....in your neck of the woods there is a place called the Laketon Bog, a guy that owns property around it lets guys that ask permission to ride back there...I was invited to a couple cookouts an riding in the snow over the winter....ever been there or rode there?

Badlands trip I'm always in, just let me know, might get my son an acouple friends together myself...I didn't make the Badlands race, those 40 yr. olds are as fast as the Pro Class!!! I start back at Reads Racing district 15 Grand Prixs this spring...eve been to any of their tracks?

DragonGunner
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Sat. 3-19.....Badlands trip....or Indy Gunshow....hmmmm?

Sat. 3-19....made the Badlands trip...great day, sunny an nice, got the front shocks dialed in an some cardio work. Talked to a bunch of guys whoes ATV club came all the way from Iowa...Now I ache an my butt is sore.....lol...thats a good day of riding right there! O' an one guy wanted to buy my Honda/KTM Hybrid........nope.

rolfs_7
03-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Nah I've never rode at the bog but a lot of guys that used to ride had talked about it. I wouldn't mind going sometime and checking it out. We also do some running around in Lagro by the river in both the quads and Jeeps. I just picked up an 02 400ex the other weekend for my old lady to ride haha which will be interesting since shes 90lbs. I just got my 250 back up and running but the plastics are laying all over trying to get paint and clear coat finished. I'm really wanting to make a trip to attica really really soon. This weekend looks cold so maybe the first weekend of April I might either try making a trip to attica or just ride at lagro or somewhere close. I say ALL of us here plan something