PDA

View Full Version : My 300ex took a dump today

Tyler01
10-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Well last time i had it out it was running fine and everything, but today i went to try to crank it and all it would do is turn over and spin. I checked everything. Well i finaly shot a little bit of Starter Fluid in it and it cough and spit and it didn't do anything. So i tried again and finaly it started but if i let off of the gas it would die. I know my carburetor needs to be cleaned cuz it pouring out of over flow valve. but would could be causing this to happen.

btw once i got it going it had a small path of white smoke behind me once i got into the throttle?

Thanks Brandon

fmftrx300ex
10-09-2010, 09:48 PM
your float being stuck could have flooded it and maybe ur valve seals leaked alittle if it sat for a while after i good run i would start by cleaning the carb real good and go from there its prolly all carborator related

Tyler01
10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Well today i took the carb off and cleaned the jets and everything but its still acting funny? Once it get running everything this its fine but if u let it seat and cool down it will just seat there and spin and not crank.