PDA

View Full Version : Stalling 450

smokinone951
10-09-2010, 02:23 PM
OK 2 WEEKS AGO MY BIKE RAN BEAUTIFULLY, AND THE ONLY THING IVE CHANGED IS I BYPASSED FAN SENSOR CUZ FAN WASNT TURNING ON. NOW MY BIKE KEEPS STALLING. IT WILL RUN GREAT AND IF I PULL OFF THE TRAIL AND STOP THE ENGINE CUTS OUT.AND WHEN I TRY TO RESTART IT DEAD. I HAVE TO HAVE A BUDDY JUMP START FROM HIS BIKE. AS IT STARTS RIGHT UP. I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS WRONG, PLEASE SOMEONE OUT THERE, HELP!

smokinone951
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
OH YEAH ITS A 07 450ER

440ex. ehhh!!
10-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Do you always have the fan running??

If so, you might not be running it hard enough and that coolent is getting too cold and making the motor not run hot enough. I am not completely sure on this as i just got my 05 450r about a month ago, and i did the same thing, except i wired my fan in to a switch so i can turn it on and off whenever i want. I noticed that if i am not running hard enough and the fan is on, it WILL make it run a bit crappy like it was just started after sitting for a week.

Hope you understand what I'm saying.

Josh

smokinone951
10-10-2010, 04:15 AM
i totally get u, today while i was looking at it i did exactly what u did by wiring to a switch. figured it was the only thing i changed. unfortunatley i couldnt ride today but will tomorrow, ill post whether it worked or not.. thank you for ur time to answer me

honda01400ex
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
how do you wire it??

smokinone951
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
first i used a single pull single throw switch, basic two terminal switch, ran one terminal to sensor wire( spliced into it not cutting it) then ran other terminal to ground. basically it allows sensor to run normally, but if i choose to i can hit switch and give current a path to ground. when i rode today it ran great started good idle really good, ran excellent. rode for bout 20 mins( jus a quik ride, when i got home i stopped and no problem , but when i went to rev it it died. im at a total loss..........